[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

R3 is the only one to have had these kind of RIL changes. Prior to this, the only differences between CM9, 10 and 10.1 were very minor things required for each OS version.

In fact, there's not a lot we can change, other than hopping between 109808 and 2030 RIL and changing the Java class. It's all copied from stock ROMs.

Guest PixelPixie

Been using R3 for couple of days now, OTA'ed from R2, and it does seem to of sorted a lot of the craziness out.

Battery seems good, games play smoothly, the UI and keyboard both snappy and responsive.

No network problems at all. Very usable indeed.

Big thanks to Daz and gang, as always.

Guest tzigoineru

I've installed from stock B895, on baseband 109808. All round it's a good ROM. A few bugs that I find, not deal breaking but they do exist (in my case):

- if I choose a ringtone, other than the ringtones included, when called the phone doesn't ring;

- the standard notification light is allways pink, charging (orange) and charging complete (green) is ok but the others are pink no matter what color I choose in the settings.( Lightmanager app from GooglePlay displays all the colors)

These are my findings after a day of using this ROM. If i missed something in this thread related with the little problems above, sorry.

Edited by tzigoineru

Guest y4ss1n

Awesome Rom Dazz.Thanks a lot! :-)

Guys how many ours of battery life do you get in r3?

battery life on R3 is pretty much like any stock ics rom for me

Edited by y4ss1n

Guest leillo1975

First, I would like to greet everyone. I´m leillo (spain). For two days I'm using this rom, and I´m very happy with it.

I would like to report that I can´t play. Ogg files. I´m try with different files and apollo don´t play it.

With stock rom I didn`t have these problems

battery life on R3 is pretty much like any stock ics rom for me

No way, it is pretty much as bad as it used to be. Just took it off charge at 100% and used 5% battery in just under 8 minutes browsing with wifi and a quick couple of minutes 3g. You will be lucky to get a day out of it. Stock+ and Slim were well longer lasting, light use would see 2 days at a push.

Guest bladebuddy

Sorry, flash what "volume wake patch"? I only noticed a new settings.apk?

I was under the impression that the settings apk ,is only needed to be flashed if you required the volume wake up settings.

Could be wrong?

Just the impression I got reading the post since the update.

I personally using Tapatalk see nothing on the opening post regarding what this is or what its for. So giving you probably bad info. Sorry J.

First, I would like to greet everyone. I´m leillo (spain). For two days I'm using this rom, and I´m very happy with it.

I would like to report that I can´t play. Ogg files. I´m try with different files and apollo don´t play it.

With stock rom I didn`t have these problems

That must be a problem with Apollo as Ogg files play with any other app.

Guest leillo1975

The problem is with tomtom, to notify radars and safety cams. Tomtom can´t play it.

With other roms I didn´t have this problem with tomtom.

I attach the ogg file compressed

Other issue: In other Cyanogen roms (ICS CM9, for example), Apollo's menu button have a link to Equalizer (DSP Manager).

default.zip

Edited by leillo1975

Guest soulhand

Fully charged this morning about 6:30am - sent one text, read emails for a few mins, down to 84% quickly. Since then it's been idle (apart from looking at the battery percentage twice) Now (about 13;00) it's down to 75%, and I would expect it will be nearly out by this evening.

The battery percentage drop does seem uneven - last night I had it drop from around 54% to 22% quickly (light use + one of those random reboots), but then it stayed at 22% (while largely idle) for quite a while...

Yep. Down to 21% this evening with very light use. It dropped quickly from 30-something to 22, then stayed there for a while.

But I'm still getting barely a day from it (which is OK, just not changed since R2)

Guest Andymac1969

Dazzozo another donation coming shortly, this is fabulous, switches between WIFI and 3G with no issue, battery seems great, one question, my Google Now worked OK but now it just keeps listening and wont do the search, anyone know of a fix at all?

Regards

Andrew

I'll answer my own question after doing some digging, updating on the play store to the latest Google Search, kills Google Now, it makes it slow as hell, and a real pain to use, the one that comes when you flash the ROM and Gapps is fine.

Andrew

Guest BerkayCetinkaya

Don't take it the wrong way people, though I am pretty much still asking for ETA's, just in a different way :ph34r:

So nevermind :P

no your not asking for a ETA, your just nicely asking if daz is going to make a new update not when are you going to make one so Daz are you ? :D haha

Guest AussieExpat

We'll need to keep an eye on any ROM's capabilities with FM radio -- just n.ow (about an hour ago) I received an email from Mike Reid the develop of Spirit FM -- it's been taken off the Play Market -- insufficient number of paying users.

People, we like the benefits of having "our own" operating system, providing the benefits of the latest tech, but IMO it's only fair and reasonable that we pay for that privilege -- we're still WAY better off than NOT having our own, and paying through the nose for that "privilege".

IMO Spirit FM (and its dev) is one of the few apps that truly deserve 5* and every penny of its asking price -- and NO I have no personal, or financial, stake in its ongoing maintenance, other than wanting a good FM radio tuner on my phone. I'm glad I took the risk and paid the full price for the app -- I couldn't find the free versions on the links I had. Alternatives don't exist sfaik (at least that easily support this function in NZ).

Guest bladebuddy

We are in a digital age friend ,DAB e.t.c , so what do you really get from a fm radio app that you cannot get from streaming , mp3 downloads, news and weather apps and sports apps like footmob e.t.c. Personally I have never got my head round the posts wanting a F.M radio.

I never use it or understand the need for it. J

We are in a digital age friend ,DAB e.t.c , so what do you really get from a fm radio app that you cannot get from streaming , mp3 downloads, news and weather apps and sports apps like footmob e.t.c. Personally I have never got my head round the posts wanting a F.M radio.

Maybe because it does not use your data allowance and eat your battery like 3g does ?

Guest Ironandroid

Sorry IronAndroid I thought you had trouble finding the option. Have you tried to reflash the rom set the option then flash the volume wake patch. Don't know if it works as I haven't tried but its worth a shot. J

That was what i was going to try either but before that i dnl the already modified r3 version published some posts before, flashed and it worked perfectly. So that is now problem solved. I am still messing with boot splash image . I tried several options read in others forum but for now unsuccesful. Thanks any how for your help.

Guest AussieExpat

Maybe because we are not all in the US and don't want US content, whether it be music, news or anything else -- NZ has only half the size of the population of New York, say, so no one can afford to have those same sorts of services "localized" here

-- why don't you check out the description of Spirit FM UL?

Got another email from the dev saying he's decided to continue providing the app for G300 owners via the Play Store -- due to a "significant number" (but still only in the last few months) of purchasers IN EUROPE!!

IMO this needs to remain a significant, though, low key, issue for ROM developers

Guest AussieExpat

That was what i was going to try either but before that i dnl the already modified r3 version published some posts before, flashed and it worked perfectly. So that is now problem solved. I am still messing with boot splash image . I tried several options read in others forum but for now unsuccesful. Thanks any how for your help.

someone was asking about whether or not ROM Toolbox can still be used -- I use it, had no problems, installing a new ROM of course requires re-granting permissions but that's not a "problem"

a

It also has several alternative splash screens you can set up, including one to goad your Apple-owning buddies that's pretty cool

-- comes in a free version -- but then again I still like the CM screen, being somewhat "conservative"

Guest Higgy69

Andymac1969 - I checked Google Now/search and what you said is the same for me. I updated and now have an unusable Search compared the the Gapps version!

I tried uninstalling Google Search Updates and reloading Gapps over ROM but no luck. And I created my Recovery Image after Google Search had updated . Arrrrh.

So any way of restoring the decent Google Search/Now without a whole ROM reinstall? Thanks.

Guest samjam

B

Minor thing: Daz would you possibly consider sticking something along these lines in the first post or FAQ / known issues part?:

If you want to use the CM OTA update function, please make sure you are using the clockwork recovery from this thread. This is built alongside CyanogenMod 10.1 sources, and is the only build we can really guarantee that CM OTAs will function correctly on.

Other builds may give you strange errors and not work properly!

I've seen at least three people on the forum post about issues that are probably down to this -- there are probably more. I realise that people love reading these things to the point that it will probably do no good at all, but at least if it is there it might help someone. Or something.

Yes please. I spent 20 min looking for the right one and could only hope I had it. (I was giving 4.2.2 to someone else)

Edited by samjam

Guest AussieExpat

B

Yes please. I spent 20 min looking for the right one and could only hope I had it. (I was giving 4.2.2 to someone else)

and I suspect I was one of those who had that problem -- or maybe there was a temporary interruption of the internet connection -- leading to difficulties getting a "valid" file for upgrading --

BUT I went through the procedure on the huaweig300.com website (which I'm pretty sure came originally from MoDaCo), so I've got that one, but I've noticed it's not 100% uptodate

how do I check to see if I've got the right one?

and then go back and install it -- Sorry, Liesse, I know you don't like such noob questions but ...

Guest Liesse

Rom comments: Not sure on battery yet, as I'm not at work this week so my normal useage patterns are off. It used 30% of its battery unplugged overnight, which doesn't sound great.

No issues with phone not ringing with a custom ringtone here -- mine works fine.

Google Now after update over the market is also not working correctly here. :(

Clockwork Recovery : Doesn't it tell you the version number within recovery?

If you're not sure which one you have, why not just install the right one to make sure?

I think the easiest way to install a new version of CW is to flash the zip file of a new one from within clockwork, just like you would a rom or G Apps. Reboot and get back into recovery. It should be the new one.

Guest AussieExpat

thanks for that info about CWM -- will ccheck

Bizarre about Google Now -- for me, it was NOT working before the update over the Play Store, NOW it's working "fine" as fine as these things do, anyway. Asked what time a program is on TV tonight and it just came back with the results of a search -- can it remember / check locale?

Haven't tracked data, but similar problems being experienced with battery usage -- unsurprisingly blanking the display -- short press on power button -- helps a lot

Guest wbrambley
Does anyone else have a problem connecting to playstore while on data? I have a couple of other apps with same behavior, works fine on wifi but time out on data.

Great ROM by the way, have had no other issues so far.

Never mind peoples, fixed it myself.

Added this to build.prop;

DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1

mobiledata.interfaces=rmnet0,lo