[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest TangerineTractor

Regarding battery usage - there were always issues on CM roms with incorrect battery stats - so maybe don't be so concerned about the actual levels and what's using what, just see how long you actually get using the phone before it dies. To be honest, if you can get a day of decent use out of it, that's surely as good as you can hope for?

I think people sometimes forget just how cheap this phone is compared to everything else on the market, and seem to expect premium performance for budget price, whereas in fact it outperforms most sub-£200 handsets on the market for half that price. If you had a Galaxy Ace, it would run like a snail, even with the latest ROM, and wouldn't last a day in what I would consider normal use. I should know, my wife has one.

Guest soulhand

Regarding battery usage - there were always issues on CM roms with incorrect battery stats - so maybe don't be so concerned about the actual levels and what's using what, just see how long you actually get using the phone before it dies. To be honest, if you can get a day of decent use out of it, that's surely as good as you can hope for?

I don't think people are complaining, just providing information. As several people (including me) have said, the battery life was longer on stock and other ROMs, so maybe by providing details, a possible fix for the battery life with this phone might be possible. There doesn't seem any inherent reason why JB should consume the battery faster than GB or ICS.

And I can't get a day of decent use out of it. I can just about get a day out of it if I use it very little.

Guest TangerineTractor

I don't think people are complaining, just providing information. As several people (including me) have said, the battery life was longer on stock and other ROMs, so maybe by providing details, a possible fix for the battery life with this phone might be possible. There doesn't seem any inherent reason why JB should consume the battery faster than GB or ICS.

And I can't get a day of decent use out of it. I can just about get a day out of it if I use it very little.

I kinda think that this rom has been around for a while now, and if there was any obvious tweak to improve battery life, it would probably have been done by now. Personally, I'm not seeing any particular difference between this and stock-based roms. But then I stick it in a charger in my car on the way to and from work...

Guest soulhand

I kinda think that this rom has been around for a while now, and if there was any obvious tweak to improve battery life, it would probably have been done by now.

But on the other hand, there _was_ a tweak as one of the changes to R3. It certainly seems worth saying it didn't seem to help everyone (and providing details). If you're happy with the battery you get, great, but that's not the case for everyone.

Guest jamie_w

Along with the odd dip in signal. today I had 2 reboots quite close to each other. Battery life to me seems about the same as stock rom, I get about a full day of usage and that includes listening to music on it.

Guest moochermick

@TT

I certainly wasn't complaining, I'm over the moon that I can run jb on this very cheap phone. Some of my friends have HTC one x's (£500+) and not yet running jb and they're only getting 4hrs battery life.

I only paid £100 for this phone and thanks to the great work by Dazz and co. I have acquired some bragging rights:)

Guest Gabriel94

I got only 3514 in Antutu Benchmark

Here are the tweaks I have made

Developer Options:

Windows Animation Scale: Animation off

Transition Animation Scale: Animation off

Animatior Duration Scale: Animation off

Kill App back button

Performance:

Processor:

CPU Governor: Interactive

Minimum Frequency: 245 MHz

Maximum Frequency: 1267 MHz

Set on Boot

I/O Scheduler:

Deadline

Set on boot

Can I change something to also get 4000+ in Antutu?

Guest speed10353

1.Uninstall unnecesary apps

2.OC: 1228mhz CPU Governor: PERFORMANCE

3.Kill all unnecesary apps.

Edited by speed10353

Guest popoyaya

@Gabriel94: That's pretty low for a 1267 overclock. You should be on 4200+ antutu. One or more of your apps causing a slowdown?

Edited by popoyaya

Guest NikitoGR

I got only 3514 in Antutu Benchmark

Here are the tweaks I have made

Developer Options:

Windows Animation Scale: Animation off

Transition Animation Scale: Animation off

Animatior Duration Scale: Animation off

Kill App back button

Performance:

Processor:

CPU Governor: Interactive

Minimum Frequency: 245 MHz

Maximum Frequency: 1267 MHz

Set on Boot

I/O Scheduler:

Deadline

Set on boot

Can I change something to also get 4000+ in Antutu?

I'm pretty sure that antutu didn't do the sd write/read tests

Guest Gabriel94

It did I/O: 619

Switched governor to performance and maximum frequency to 1228, testing again.

Nice, got 4491 now! :D

Edited by Gabriel94

Guest kieranswhite

It did I/O: 619

Switched governor to performance and maximum frequency to 1228, testing again.

Nice, got 4491 now! :D

performance keeps the cpu near the max settings as far as i can remember and isnt great for battery life

Guest Higgy69

Green LED - I can not set (only orange) :-(

OK. I spent quite a bit of time and could not get it. Looks like the white/purple colour appears when you don't get the right colour.

I think I will just use 'Light Manager' App as that does what I want.

Guest Higgy69

It? This ROM? = Yes Light Manager App?= Yes Go for it!

QUESTION to the boffins - If GB baseband does not have reboots, and Daz's cool work means this ROM works on GB Baseband. Then is it not best to downgrade and install this ROM?

As far as I understand, apart from Over Clocking and a Bluetooth MAC, then GB has no real disadvantage.

Guest colehole
One of the problems (at least with lockscreen weather widget) has been

solved:

cLock v2.2.2a

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=39036416&postcount=2[/CODE]

How can I install this please? Won't let me install it.

well i also lost signal today.. lol

going back to cm9 till it gets fixed

Not had the loss of signal yet, and CM9 suffers from non functional auto brightness which is not too good. After using so many roms and different versions of those roms like slim, stock+, cm9, cm10, cm10.1 and so on i have lost the plot as to which had the less faults.

I really like this rom i can live with the battery but the in call voice amplification is too strong and distorts, it may have something to do with volume+ i have installed but i doubt it. I have also noticed on this rom that if you look at the screen in a indoor environment the brightness fluctuates, this is while i am stood still btw.

Guest dakok

How can I install this please? Won't let me install it.

Just follow posts from this page:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2186734&page=19[/CODE]

Guest bladebuddy

Maybe because it does not use your data allowance and eat your battery like 3g does ?

No but it means having your headphones in and listening to local radio stations that are far worse then streaming station like tulin e.t.c. just my 2pennys worth. There are better and easier stations out there . Get on giffgaff as it opens things up a lot more regarding data . Also you can buy a decent in ear radio for less then a 10 pound note

Guest TangerineTractor

One need for FM is for local radio football coverage - licensing prevents local BBC radio stations from streaming commentary online, so if you want to listen to your local team while watching your kids messing about on the park, you need FM.

Edited by TangerineTractor

No but it means having your headphones in and listening to local radio stations that are far worse then streaming station like tulin e.t.c. just my 2pennys worth. There are better and easier stations out there . Get on giffgaff as it opens things up a lot more regarding data . Also you can buy a decent in ear radio for less then a 10 pound note

I have used giff gaff in the past it costs £10 a month, i am now on Ovivo Mobile it cost me £5 6 month ago and i still have £5 of credit, At the minute this gives me 150 mins call 150 text and 400 mb of data which is good for me, why pay £10 or more a month? It has cost me f/all :).

Still using Spirit FM is more for battery conservation than anything else.