[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest akicarkralj
How to turn off the option to automatically switch to toogles when pulling down status bar?
The only way you can do that is in rom control turn on fast toggle in notification toggles area, that way you would be able to pull down from all sides except for one that you set to be quick toggle pulldown side( from all sides it would be like normal status bar except for one side.) Great rom by the way Edited by akicarkralj

C3C0, thank you for this new and surprising ROM :-)

And a query: among the heap of settings, i can't find the activation of the "stairs" to cancel all (all together) the tasks in background, obtained with a long press on home. Also can't find how to turn off the leds for backlighting of the physical keys. Someone can help me?

Edited by RaAmon

For Kill all recents there is an option in Settings / ROM control / General UI (Navbar section as you can see in the picture)

post-932905-0-67082300-1361296162_thumb. post-932905-0-15485400-1361296155_thumb.

Backlight setting is not there since I haven't included any of my own features yet. Depending on how many people will be interested to use this ROM, I can later start adding my own features.

Guest simicsl

Android keyboard does not show up when it's needed.

Device not showing in adb devices list.

Does anyone else having this bugs?

Seems like everybody elses installations are perfect :(

For Kill all recents there is an option in Settings / ROM control / General UI (Navbar section as you can see in the picture)

Backlight setting is not there since I haven't included any of my own features yet. Depending on how many people will be interested to use this ROM, I can later start adding my own features.

Thank you, C3C0. With regard to the backlight, meanwhile i go modify the brightness file directly.

What do you think now of this "distro" (Linux-like nomenclature)? Do you think you're going to work on it or you stoop more on the Paranoid?

Edited by RaAmon

Guest plegdroid

Thank you, C3C0. With regard to the backlight, meanwhile i go modify the backlight file directly.

What do you think now of this "distro" (Linux-like nomenclature)? Do you think you're going to work on it or you stoop more on the Paranoid?

Quick fixpost-910238-13612982585864_thumb.jpg

:)

Quick fixpost-910238-13612982585864_thumb.jpg

:)

Thank you very much, PlegDroid :-) I would prefer an option between the settings, but I accept your suggestion, because in addition, direct modification of the file "brightness" (and the subsequent change of permissions to 444) does not seem to be enough in this ROM :-( (i try with the system running and from adb...)

Guest plegdroid

Thank you very much, PlegDroid :-) I would prefer an option between the settings, but I accept your suggestion, because in addition, direct modification of the file "brightness" (and the subsequent change of permissions to 444) does not seem to be enough in this ROM :-( (i try with the system running and from adb...)

I can verify the above app does work :)

To whom it may concern:

This RootBox 18/2/2013 build by C3C0 fits in a /system of 155 MB, and remains 134 MB of internal storage free... if you do some little and easy touches: without Gmail (you may use Mail app to manage Gmail and Exchange), without GooManager (updating by hand), without start animation (erasing it, not disabling it), with LatinIME.apk tuned (erasing dictionaries different of english and your native language), with only two tones for each notifications, alarms, rings.

134 MB of internal storage free after install: Adobe Reader + Google Maps + Google My Tracks + Root Explorer + Terminal Emulator + TuneIn Radio Pro + Viber + WhatsApp

Edited by RaAmon

I am staying on this ROM for a while to find out myself :)

I can't decide between PJ2 and RB yet... I am missing some parts from PA like per-app UI layout but nothing that I can't live with, really...

Of course, I will release update for PJ2, too. This will happen as soon as I get together some new features/fixes. There's something new going on in PA repos.

Guest plegdroid

IMHO, Rootbox is a really nice rom.... But got to say iam amoured with JB2. Never thought id prefer a aosp based rom so much. I've always preferred CM roms. Not taking anything away from Rootbox which as always is quality from C3C0, but subjectively JB2 has me hooked with ParanoidAndroid. :)

Since I have been quite some time with ParanoidJelly"1" (4.1.2 ) and i haven't tried much or PJ2 or RB; now I am in this and I am still not formed an opinion.

However:

1) I understand that both (PJ2 and RB) have a very similar basis, not to mention almost identical

2) PJ2 would have the advantages of being paranoid about the customizable interface, even at the level of individual applications

3) RB would have the advantage of the higher (perhaps even excessive?) the possibility of customizing

4) RB seems to be (as said in the forum and I also think noticing, although the difference is not huge) something more fast

The balance is in the hands of C3C0; i hope your good judgment ; -)

Guest akicarkralj

Thanks, but that doesn't work in tablet UI. :(

Yeah, noticed that, but why do you need that? I mean if you have some notifications it will show up normal notif. bar if you don't have any then you dont need it, right.

Guest omegavesko

post-932905-0-67082300-1361296162_thumb. post-932905-0-15485400-1361296155_thumb.

The settings are probably a bit confusing, since they're split into AOKP settings and RootBox settings for some reason.

Anyway, I'm setting mine up right now and I absolutely love it. The tons of features from AOKP are a nice contrast to AOSPA, which is rather lacking in those.

Guest omegavesko

Since I have been quite some time with ParanoidJelly"1" (4.1.2 ) and i haven't tried much or PJ2 or RB; now I am in this and I am still not formed an opinion.

However:

1) I understand that both (PJ2 and RB) have a very similar basis, not to mention almost identical

2) PJ2 would have the advantages of being paranoid about the customizable interface, even at the level of individual applications

3) RB would have the advantage of the higher (perhaps even excessive?) the possibility of customizing

4) RB seems to be (as said in the forum and I also think noticing, although the difference is not huge) something more fast

The balance is in the hands of C3C0; i hope your good judgment ; -)

I'd say this ROM is much better. The only advantage PA has over this is the per-app customization (which has a rather large impact on performance), while this ROM has all the features of both AOKP and CM, and some more on top of that.

Don't forget that this one also has the ability to change DPI and switch into tablet mode, which I think are the only PA features most people make use of.

I'd say this ROM is much better. The only advantage PA has over this is the per-app customization (which has a rather large impact on performance), while this ROM has all the features of both AOKP and CM, and some more on top of that.

Don't forget that this one also has the ability to change DPI and switch into tablet mode, which I think are the only PA features most people make use of.

I am basically in agreement with you ... although it seems that the RB settings are a bit "unbalanced": a lot of possibilities for a lot of functionalities, but for the launcher (by example) can be neither specify the number of pages, the grid or how you want the dock! But, i like too RB :-)

Edited by RaAmon

Guest sasa_gm

Is there any way to delete system widgets from this ROM, because Performance widget slows down app drawer a bit (at least I think so). And there are also some widgets I don't need, and I'd like to get rid of them.

I am basically in agreement with you ... although it seems that the RB settings are a bit "unbalanced": a lot of possibilities for a lot of functionalities, but for the launcher (by example) can be neither specify the number of pages, the grid or how you want the dock! But, i like too RB :-)

Stock launcher is poor. I don't like it. Nova launcher is very fast and customizable...

Ps... Great ROM! I never tought that I would prefer this one over Tilal's CM which is also superb. )

Edited by sasa_gm