[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest jopsi332

after the 22/02 update my wifi and mobile signal doesnt work right, both is everytime grey and 0 bars like no signal, but signal is good and stable(both) just icons doenst come right.

Everybody has that problem .

Do anyone else have problem with restarting phone after last rom update? Its not often ,but it is 3-4 time day .I never before had that kind of problem.

My observation: restarts come after attempt to change a profile from the statusbar toggles.

No its something else.Anyway ,i back on paranoid 4.1.2,which is more stable than 4.2.2.Worst thing for me on 4.2.2 is problem with slowmotion when i use keyboard.

Man, two great roms (this Rootbox and ParanoidJelly2), so many flavours, this is going to be tough. Which one should I install? I've used ParanoidJelly2 for a couple of days now, silky smooth and I'm experiencing only the known problems. But Rootbox doesn't seem to have the "occassional graphical glitches during window animations in Browser app (might be in other apps, too)" bug. Is Rootbox also as smooth as ParanoidJelly2? What are the benefits of having CM in Rootbox (except for Development tools, which I don't use anyway)? Does it have another bootanimation? Damn C3C0, why did you made two great ROMs I can't choose from :P.

Actually the browser transition animation glitch we have here too. It's hard to recommend which one of these two. You have to find out yourself. I find RB slightly smoother than pj2 but it looks to be more memory hungry due to excessive amount of features. If you like simplicity and don't need all the nifty features and if you are used to set layout/colors on per-app basis then pj2 is probably a better joice.

I also recommend to wait for the next Rb nightly - it will have some recent bugs fixed plus some new features.

Gapps package updated for the latest Play Store and Google Play Services.

1) uninstall updated play store and play services from data partition (if present)

2) install new gapps package in clockworkmod. No wipes needed.

Well... I might ask Bajee (the original maintainer).

I am in contact with him. He already picked up one of my features and oficially included it in RootBox settings (Low battery warning policy)

+ I helped him to fix Profile Tile reboot.

Changelog 26/02/2013

- Synced with RootBox - official release V3.8 (Click here for more info)

- Profile tile reboot fixed (current profile indication might still be broken)

- Back to stock wifi and mobile signal icons

- Added Sleep Toggle – Turn Off Screen

- Option to maintain PIE position, disregarding orientation changes.

- Low battery warning policy now officially part of RootBox settings

- See Through Lockscreen

- Notification Behaviour selection: Normal, Never, Always expand

- Increasing Alarm Volume

- Flip/Shake Alarm Actions: Snooze – Dismiss Alarm

- New Sound Tile icons (cyclic)

- PowerMenu: Security Feature to Hide Reboot option while on Lockscreen

- Enabled HW rendering for Statusbar and Pie

- upgrade without data wipe possible

IMPORTANT:

I've been recently testing all of my nightlies that I have built myself since

the latest 22/02/2013 release and haven't come across any issues causing reboots,

unstability, system app crashes nor other problems. If you experience reboots or other issues it is necessary

to provide the complete information to help me to reproduce or track down the issue.

When reporting, please:

1) provide as much detailed info as you can: e.g. what performance settings you use, method of increasing internal memory

2) provide steps to reproduce the issue (if reproduceable)

3) attach a logcat containing info related to the particular incident (use aLogcat from play store)

Since I am not an Oracle I will ignore all bug reports that lack this information :)

Additionally, I will not provide any support for 3rd party user-apps that don't come with the ROM.

And always remember, you are running ROM that should never run on such a crap device :) so it's

perfectly normal that not everything works 100% all the time.

Thank you for understanding.

Edited by C3C0

Normal. It has never been slow for me so can't really tell what's causing your problem. Of course I have "suggest contacts" option turned off. It may slow things down especially when your contact list is too long.

Guest revixxy
post-1004065-0-18733800-1361901368_thumbpost-1004065-0-84136400-1361901388_thumb screenshots of wi-fi advance setting with Mac address, i'm clueless on how to fix it. By the way Wifi worked well on pj2 since there was the option for Wi-fi regions in the advance menu of Wi-fi. So sorry for the jumbled up complaints....am just desperate :( :unsure:

Guest omegavesko

Question. Why can't I install S2E? I'm running the newest build so it should work, but it shows as incompatible in the Play Store. My other apps are compatible (Facebook, etc.) so I don't think my custom DPI is the problem this time.

EDIT: Flashed the 'fixed' zip like before, seems to be working so far. Strange.

Edited by omegavesko

screenshots of wi-fi advance setting with Mac address, i'm clueless on how to fix it. By the way Wifi worked well on pj2 since there was the option for Wi-fi regions in the advance menu of Wi-fi. So sorry for the jumbled up complaints....am just desperate :( :unsure:

What about pj2? Did you have to explicitly set the region to see wireless networks? Normally, there's no need to set region at all. And what region did you use?

Well, I had problems with play store apps compatibility after each reboot at 200 DPI so I went for DPI hacked play store I posted previously. S2e seems to be fine.Haven't tried with official play store, though...

post-932905-0-28799300-1361903402_thumb.

@ Ceco, yes i had to set the region before it could work...i set it to United States, i didnt need to try the other regions since the first worked out.

Ah... Makes sense. I may take a look if it could be ported easily... And what about your router? Have you tried to reconfigure it for correct region? Or do you have this issues on more different routers?

Edited by C3C0