ZTE Blade III stock ROMs

Guest KonstaT

Guest przemvelbenny

Yeah, I've read a lot. Now I even know why it would brick any device. This script flashes recovery.img (which is a snapshot of a recovery partition) to 'mmcblk0p17' block\device, which may not be the same in other roms. Thank's for replay :)

• 2 months later...
Guest MJonMoDaCo

I need stock rom Sweden Comviq for mine old Blade III but download links are down. Cant find anywhere.

Yep, you're right. ZTE has finally stopped the downloads for many of the ROMs on it's website. I'm fortunate that mine is still listed, amongst a few others. But Comviq is no longer listed among them. You'll have to try one of the generic builds from the first page. The latest being among the first ones listed (0B12). It's no biggie in the end, as they'll still work, but even some of the generic builds are down. Now might be a good time to tell everybody to get it while they can, and upload/backup to their nearest cloud/HDD for safe-keeping. ZTE have always been slack when it comes to these phones, so it doesn't really surprise me.

Guest KonstaT

I need stock rom Sweden Comviq for mine old Blade III but download links are down. Cant find anywhere.

Looks like ZTE switched servers and all links were down. I checked all of them and even found some new firmware, some are gone forever though (I'm afraid Comviq is one of those).

• 1 month later...
Guest KonstaT

What the freak happens with Croatia VIP.the link is deleted plz put the link for Croatia VIP again

No can do. It's gone from the ZTE site I've removed all Blade III stock firmwares from my HDD. Maybe someone still has it and can mirror it for you. That's why it's always recommended to make a nandroid backup of your stock firmware before you start flashing anything to your device.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My ZTE Blade 3 is hardlocked - more than 10 tries to enter the NCK code and now the phone is useless, does not work even with original Telenor card.

If I flash/upgrade it, will I reset the counter?

Guest Bottomless

I followed instructions, pulled recovery.img from stock update.zip and flashed it to phone with flashboot.

When I boot the phone to recovery (pwr+vol down) there is just FTM screen. No any options, just the picture.

I expect stock recovery should be something like CWM. So what is the issue here? How to actually recover rom from here? 

Guest KonstaT
18 minutes ago, Bottomless said:

I followed instructions, pulled recovery.img from stock update.zip and flashed it to phone with flashboot.

When I boot the phone to recovery (pwr+vol down) there is just FTM screen. No any options, just the picture.

I expect stock recovery should be something like CWM. So what is the issue here? How to actually recover rom from here? 

Volume up and power is the right key combination.

Guest Bottomless

I just realized that and come to edit my post but you were faster :)  I appreciate your prompt reaction.

But now another issue :(

E:Signature verification failed

?

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, Bottomless said:

I just realized that and come to edit my post but you were faster :)  I appreciate your prompt reaction.

But now another issue :(

?

You're trying to flash the update.zip, right? There's update.zip and PDF instructions in each firmware package that you need to extract first.

Guest Bottomless

Yes, I know that.

It seems that recovery makes md5 check of files in update.zip and it fails.

I tried to do the same with recovery's md5 check option and it seems that one file in stock rom is missing, i.e verify.zip

This is what I get from md5 check:

Finding file_list package...

Opening file_list package...

Verifying file_list package...

E:failed to open /system/etc/verify.zip (No such file or directory)

I looked in Update.zip system folder and find only apk folder inside.

Guest KonstaT
15 minutes ago, Bottomless said:

I looked in Update.zip system folder and find only apk folder inside.

Then you have a corrupt file.

Guest KonstaT
43 minutes ago, Bottomless said:

I downloaded it from ZTE site:

http://download.ztedevice.com/UploadFiles/product/558/986/manual/P020121116484844059826.zip

Any other source for stock rom?

No, unless someone has mirrored it somewhere but I doubt it. Might be worth re-downloading. FIle might also get corrupted while extracting it or copying it to your device's sdcard.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Bottomless

Yes, you were right. 

For some reason 7zip didn't unpacked complete rom!!?? I've tried several times!

Now I have complete rom ready to flash. 

But before I proceed, I have a question. 

The reason for returning from cm-11-20140702 to stock rom is because the phone lost access to gsm networks.

It doesn't see any network and when I try to search networks in Mobile networks/Network operators/search networks it responds with Error.

Also there is no signal strength icon.  SIM card is ok  and phone accepts PIN. When dial *#06# phone responds with correct IMEI.

Any suggestion?

Is there in fact the chance that returning to stock rom solve that?  

Guest KonstaT
32 minutes ago, Bottomless said:

Any suggestion?

Is there in fact the chance that returning to stock rom solve that?  

Why not start testing with a clean installation of the CM11 first? Could be just some random software issue - could be something else...

Guest Bottomless

When it happened I was running cm-11-20140114 so I made clean installation of cm-11-20140702.

But nothing changed.

Prior to installation I formatted cash partition and wiped dalvik cash. 

Edited by Bottomless
Any idea what to try?

Guest Bottomless

I restored stock rom and found out the reason for lack of networks.

When I put in SIM card, screen opens saying networks are locked because I tried to unlock the networks 10 times.  

From there I can only call emergency services, rest of the phone is locked unless I pull out sim card.

Now, even if I have unlock code, there is no way to use it.

Any idea how to reset that feature?

Guest KonstaT
On 2/24/2016 at 10:16 PM, Ljubo said:

My ZTE Blade 3 is hardlocked - more than 10 tries to enter the NCK code and now the phone is useless, does not work even with original Telenor card.

If I flash/upgrade it, will I reset the counter?

1 hour ago, Bottomless said:

I restored stock rom and found out the reason for lack of networks.

When I put in SIM card, screen opens saying networks are locked because I tried to unlock the networks 10 times.  

From there I can only call emergency services, rest of the phone is locked unless I pull out sim card.

Now, even if I have unlock code, there is no way to use it.

Any idea how to reset that feature?

No idea. Carriers don't SIM lock devices where I live so I've never had to deal with things like this.

Guest Cookie__XD

I tried to install the last  Generic Build, but I only got the message "Installation abort."
Does someone have a new German Build for me to install? (because I am from Germany)
(I have the ZTE Blade L3, Not VIP!)
Or can anyone help my to fix it without an stock Rom?

Thanks a lot
Jan

Edited by Cookie__XD

Guest KonstaT
42 minutes ago, Cookie__XD said:

I tried to install the last  Generic Build, but I only got the message "Installation abort."
Does someone have a new German Build for me to install? (because I am from Germany)
(I have the ZTE Blade L3, Not VIP!)
Or can anyone help my to fix it without an stock Rom?

Thanks a lot
Jan

ZTE Blade L3 is a completely different device with completely different hardware...

Guest Cookie__XD

Oh Sorry! You are right!

Then I have to keep searching....
The problem is, I can realy not finde the stock Rom for the ZTE Blade L3...
But anyway
thanks!