[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

Guest BlueMoonRising

I agree, as I used it effectively quite soon after release that's what puzzles me. Ok, I'll re-download and re-try. Thanks though.

You've checked the usual? USB debugging on, ADB(both boxes checked)? Deodexed?

Guest BlueMoonRising

any one that has unlocked there osd could you pm me how Meny digits there is in the unlock code with there used unlock code

thanks

As soon as it comes through.

Guest stephen m

You've checked the usual? USB debugging on, ADB(both boxes checked)? Deodexed?

Yeah. Strange thing is it only gave the error message when trying to install a theme and LCD Density. Every other option was ok?

Edited by stephen m

Guest BlueMoonRising

Yeah. Strange thing is it only gave the error message when trying to install a theme and LCD Density. Ever other option was ok?

I've not tried a theme or LCD density mod myself yet.

Guest ferrari35

Yeah. Strange thing is it only gave the error message when trying to install a theme and LCD Density. Every other option was ok?

I only rooted my phone but I downloaded everything check the main directory for the tool what I found in mine was the the themes had made folders in there but the zips did not install in those folders(the theme zips stayed in the main directroy) if you unzip the theme zips in the right folder it should work.

Edited by ferrari35

Guest BlueMoonRising

I only rooted my phone but I downloaded everything check the main directory for the tool what I found in mine was the the themes had made folders in there but the zips did not install in those folders(the theme zips stayed in the main directroy) if you unzip the theme zips in the right folder it should work.

Looking at the SanDiego.bat file :-

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\themes\red\system /system/

so the themes are installed in the correct directory. They certainly are in mine and I've merely downloaded using setup without actually using any of them.

@stephen m, you did use setup to download ALL the mods didn't you?

Guest technomole

Slightly off topic (but may affect root I guess) but I turned my phone off and on again last night and noticed that the mobile update software said there's an update available, it's 27mb, any idea what it could be ? don't want to install it and then have to mess about re-rooting and such like, that's if it actually does affect root.

I haven't been able to find anything on the xolo webiste about it, and I'm not sure where to find info about updates for this phone on the orange website.

cheers.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Slightly off topic (but may affect root I guess) but I turned my phone off and on again last night and noticed that the mobile update software said there's an update available, it's 27mb, any idea what it could be ? don't want to install it and then have to mess about re-rooting and such like, that's if it actually does affect root.

I haven't been able to find anything on the xolo webiste about it, and I'm not sure where to find info about updates for this phone on the orange website.

cheers.

They're looking at it at the moment. I would hold off installing it yet. It may block root. It looks as if you can't install unless you're un-rooted and not changed any system files anyway.

Please do not use the update until it is confirmed it is not to block root.......that is if you want to keep your root, and I am sure you all do :)

I found in mine was the the themes had made folders in there but the zips did not install in those folders(the theme zips stayed in the main directroy) if you unzip the theme zips in the right folder it should work.

The color theme folders in tools directory are from testing stages, the correct folder is C:\SanDiego\tools\themes\

If the themes are not unzipping and staying in tool directory are you using right option in setup 32bit or 64bit ? that is what happens if you use wrong option.

If you use 32bit option on 64bit pc it wont work as the 7zip is not same.

The tool was fully tested before release and works fine, if it does not work it is maybe because your adb is not contected.

If you have adb setup on pc do this before running tool, open cmd and cd to your adb, and type adb devices, if you dont see your device or get a device offline message, power off device and power back on, not reboot.

If you dont have adb setup on pc do this before running tool, open task manager and kill adb server like in screenshot. If that does not work then power off device and power back on and try then, but not reboot, only power off fixes adb (dont ask why, I have no idea)

You should not need to do this, but if having problems this will most likely solve it.

post-796032-0-68375800-1353488984_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest technomole

Please do not use the update until it is confirmed it is not to block root.......that is if you want to keep your root, and I am sure you all do :)

This update does remove root, and the ai0 tool doesn't work for rooting after the update either, and I wouldn't apply the update if you've changed system files and rooted because it seems to cause problems of the bricking kind.

Guest ferrari35

The color theme folders in tools directory are from testing stages, the correct folder is C:\SanDiego\tools\themes\

If the themes are not unzipping and staying in tool directory are you using right option in setup 32bit or 64bit ? that is what happens if you use wrong option.

If you use 32bit option on 64bit pc it wont work as the 7zip is not same.

The tool was fully tested before release and works fine, if it does not work it is maybe because your adb is not contected.

If you have adb setup on pc do this before running tool, open cmd and cd to your adb, and type adb devices, if you dont see your device or get a device offline message, power off device and power back on, not reboot.

If you dont have adb setup on pc do this before running tool, open task manager and kill adb server like in screenshot. If that does not work then power off device and power back on and try then, but not reboot, only power off fixes adb (dont ask why, I have no idea)

You should not need to do this, but if having problems this will most likely solve it.

Im running windows ultimate 32 bit with service pack 1 on a amd core 3.30 gig with 8 gig of ram.

Think your right about it being adb mucking up the install Im not running adb sdk on this computer but I do have other drivers for other phones installed(iphone/htc and other anddroid ones)so that could be mucking it up too.

The only other thing I can think of is when I installed the latest Aio tool I deleted the last one off the computer then unziped stright into the C drive(not sure if that would break anything).

Im more than sure its a system or user issue(Im bound to of buggered it up some how:))

Aio is still the best otpion for rooting this phone and I cant thank enough rickywyatt and everybody else that has helped put this tool together.

I got root Im more than happy with that:)

Guest Tanay Mondal

Hi, I tried XOLO deodex, then at the time of restart, the phone sticks on XOLO logo. So then I tried Fix Brick option, but its showing failed icon at the time of flashing. Please someone help. Totally hopeless now... :(

Thanks.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi, I tried XOLO deodex, then at the time of restart, the phone sticks on XOLO logo. So then I tried Fix Brick option, but its showing failed icon at the time of flashing. Please someone help. Totally hopeless now... :(

Thanks.

Have you got the Xolo update.zip on the phone? If so you should be able to install from USB by getting into recovery mode.

Edit :- if not then try fixbrick a couple of times, sometimes it seems to need a bit of bullying.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Tanay Mondal

yes, i have xolo ics update.zip in mobile, but problem is that i cant enter into recovery mode... :(

I first tried power button + volume down to get into DROIDBOOT, but when pressing VOLUME UP, it not getting in recovery mode...

Plz plz help...

Guest BlueMoonRising

yes, i have xolo ics update.zip in mobile, but problem is that i cant enter into recovery mode... :(

I first tried power button + volume down to get into DROIDBOOT, but when pressing VOLUME UP, it not getting in recovery mode...

Plz plz help...

That's about the extent of my knowledge Tanay I'm afraid. You'll have to wait for one of the developers to come on, it's only 5:50AM here in the UK. I couldn't sleep :(

I think deodex did this. anyone has something like that?

Edit: dpi edit seems to be more likely to have caused that

Edit2: yeah it was dpi

post-798249-13537613057764_thumb.jpg

Edited by ayziaa

Guest technomole

I gave in and flashed the xolo ics update so I could root the phone again.

However I seem to have run into a small problem when trying to apply the 270 dpi mod.

At first when I ran it I got - unable to chmod system/default/prop (or something like that) but then the phone rebooted, but nothing had changed.

Then I ran it again and I got - cannot stat C:\SanDiego\tools\dpi\270\' : No such file or directory, but it's definitely there in the c drive.

I also tried to adjust the default.prop file on the phone as I noticed it has an entry for the lcd setting, but changing it to 270 doesn't work, it changes back to 240 on rebooting the phone.

The phone is rooted, I've enabled the internal sd card, used the deodex xolo ics (option 17) and then enabled both sd cards (option 14)

Any ideas as to why it's not working ? and can I change the file on the phone ? I'm sure I saw something similar to this problem, but I can't seem to find it.

Edit : -

Okay tried to get the dpi mod to work again, no dice.

The exact errors are - cannot stat 'C:\SanDiego\tools\dpi\270\' : No such file or directory (again the dpi files are in the sandiego folder on the c drive)

Unable to chmod /system/default.prop: No such file or directory

This one is a little puzzling as there is no default.prop file in the system folder, at least there wasn't when I checked with root browser, or ES file explorer.

The default.prop file is in the same folder as android.fstab, charger, init, init.goldfish.rc and various others, does this mean it's in the wrong place ?

Edit (2) : - I've also noticed that any changes I make to system files on the phone (using one of the text editors) don't stick after reboot, I've tried moving the default.prop to /system and renaming the other one, but the change doesn;t stick, I've tried changing the file permissions as well, but again on reboot they don't stick, so it would seem that even though I have super user access (root) I don't really, as I can't make permanent changes ?

I've had similar issues (a while ago now) on linux, it's usually a permissions thing some where along the lines.

Edited by technomole