[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

Guest Ashbeard

They enable things like USB on the Go so you can plug in a USB stick and it will be recognised. They aren't that important but I like to try these things.

Guest Ashbeard

It appears the setup tool is downloading the roms but not renaming them properly, for instance the orange ics comes down as update.zip.tag=blahblah but it doesn't get renamed to update.zip. Whenever I try to use the AIO ICS tool it doesn't push the file because it's got the wrong name. It doesn't seem to put some of the files into the right folder e.g. system for the GB dump files. So far all that has worked for me has been root, init.d, flibblesan's mod and the opengl drivers. I can't install Orange ICS or any of the Xolo themes.

Edited by Ashbeard

Guest Ashbeard

I manually renamed the ics to update.zip and unzipped the dump to the correct location using a line from one of your.bat files and then ran the Install ICS option. All appears shipshape. Woot!

Guest BlueMoonRising

I manually renamed the ics to update.zip and unzipped the dump to the correct location using a line from one of your.bat files and then ran the Install ICS option. All appears shipshape. Woot!

Ahh, Windows 8 is it?(Windows 7 could do it too maybe?). The setup.bat file uses the wget command with the -p parameter rather than -o and then tries to use REN to rename them which doesn't work for some reason. As you've found just lose the rubbish on the end of the zips.

Guest glossywhite

The proper syntax for specifying an output path and filename with renaming of the downloaded file, in wget, is:

wget http://domain.name/path/file.zip -O path/to/save/location/renamedZIP.zip

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Ashbeard

The proper syntax for specifying an output path and filename with renaming of the downloaded file, in wget, is:

wget http://domain.name/path/file.zip -O path/to/save/location/renamedZIP.zip

The files seem to have a random number tagged on e.g. update.zip@token_hash=AAFpIA40X7p8W9k-vBqXwqIc_2Pm2VNfVvBFN22j1Z-bcg. Could I use a wildcard character after the .zip so it would work no matter the token?

Guest glossywhite

The files seem to have a random number tagged on e.g. update.zip@token_hash=AAFpIA40X7p8W9k-vBqXwqIc_2Pm2VNfVvBFN22j1Z-bcg. Could I use a wildcard character after the .zip so it would work no matter the token?

Not as far as I am aware. As I have said, the proper syntax, which the AIO tool is not using, is above. Mixing Windows DOS commands and Linux BASH commands is not good practice, and this is what has been done in the AIO tool.

If you need further info, consult the wget manual:

http://www.gnu.org/s...anual/wget.html

Edited by glossywhite

Guest nraju17

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase system

erasing 'system'... OKAY [ 2.090s]

finished. total time: 2.090s

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase cache

erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 2.090s]

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase factory

erasing 'factory'... OKAY [ 1.966s]

finished. total time: 1.966s

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase /sdcard

erasing '/sdcard'... FAILED (remote: unable to format)

finished. total time: 0.343s

C:\SanDiego\tools>

Unable to format SD Card

Guest BlueMoonRising

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase system

erasing 'system'... OKAY [ 2.090s]

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase cache

erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 2.090s]

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase factory

erasing 'factory'... OKAY [ 1.966s]

finished. total time: 1.966s

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase /sdcard

erasing '/sdcard'... FAILED (remote: unable to format)

finished. total time: 0.343s

C:\SanDiego\tools>

Unable to format SD Card

Replied to in http://www.modaco.com/topic/362367-how-to-manually-fixbrick-with-aio-tool-installed/. Don't post the same message in multiple threads, it just confuses things.

Guest mr00realist

Help Please!!!!

I rooted the phone using option 7

It rooted successfully, I checked the boxes in adbd insecure.

Rebooted, Phone was rooted successfully.

then I used option 9 to enable init.d

and finally, option 11 to enable sd card.

since then, if I check under storage,I am not even able to see the 10gb internal memory, leave alone the 16 gb card.

I tried option 14 (Enable both sd cards xolo) rebooted, but still the same...

Help Help Help please :-(

Edit: If i check the Social Gallery, first it says: SD card unmounted or not present, and says USB storage unmounted.....

Edited by mr00realist

Guest BlueMoonRising

Help Please!!!!

I rooted the phone using option 7

It rooted successfully, I checked the boxes in adbd insecure.

Rebooted, Phone was rooted successfully.

then I used option 9 to enable init.d

and finally, option 11 to enable sd card.

since then, if I check under storage,I am not even able to see the 10gb internal memory, leave alone the 16 gb card.

I tried option 14 (Enable both sd cards xolo) rebooted, but still the same...

Help Help Help please :-(

Edit: If i check the Social Gallery, first it says: SD card unmounted or not present, and says USB storage unmounted.....

This is how I did it :-

Presuming you're rooted of course insert the SD card and close up and restart.

Use option (11) Enable Sdcard and after the restart use option (12) Enable Mass Storage(I restarted again and plugged the phone out to be safe).

Lastly run option (14) Enable Both sdcard xolo, it will tell you that you need to be deodexed to continue, this is incorrect(it may apply for the Orange rom however). After yet another reboot Windows recognises both storage areas as does ES File Manager and Google Music Player.

If it still is not working then first question is did you insert the card correctly? Not a sarcastic question because of course it wasn't supposed to be enabled and it is possible to not get it fully seated. The contacts are face down by the way. There is an app installed by the tool(called Mass Storage) that allows you to mount the internal and external storage although I never required it. Try it.

Guest mr00realist

Will give it a shot and revert

So, the enable init.d was not required it seems,

That won't have anything to do with the issue then, right?

Sure hope it works, else I may not get dinner for a few days (if you know what I mean) ;-)

Edited by mr00realist

Guest BlueMoonRising

I think I've used init.d myself and it didn't throw up any problems for me. As said I inserted the card and ran options 11, 12 and 14 in order with reboots between and it worked perfectly.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest mr00realist

I tried steps 11, 12 & 14 again, Killing ADB and rebooting every step

I have the Mass Storage App in the phone now and I'm able to mount the internal memory and sd card when I connect to the PC.

However, I am still unable to access both the locations from within the phone.

ES file explorer says "SDCard Unmounted" if i go to mnt/sdcard.

Similarly, If I go to Settings>Storage>

It says

Internal Storage

------------------------

||||||||| |

Total Space

1.97Gb

------------------------

||| Apps 322Mb

------------------------

|||| Available 1.56Gb

------------------------

USB Storage

----------------

SD CARD

and thats it, no option to mount, nothing :-( :-( :-(

ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard <-------- Is this normal????

Edited by mr00realist

Guest BlueMoonRising

It was formatted I presume? Maybe try taking it out very carefully perhaps with feeler gauges underneath and reseating it.

Guest mr00realist

Oh, no no no, the Card is fine....

I guess I wasn't clear, apologies....

If I connect the phone to the PC and Mount them individually using the Mass Storage App, I am able to see the contents of both the Internal (USB Storage) and SD Card both.

I am also able to create New Folders in those cards. Hence, we can safely deduce that they're in good shape.

But I am not able to view/find/mount the card inside the phone.

Almost as if their path has changed.

Is there any way I can give some manual commands in the phone to mount them?

Edited by mr00realist

Guest BlueMoonRising

SD Card is formated in FAT32 NTFS EXFAT EXT3 EXT4 ?

That is a point but it wouldn't stop the internal USB storage working.

I did find this online but I'm not at all certain it pertains to yourself :-

Simple solution for external sdcard write access on Android 3.2...if you're rooted

I've found a simple solution for gaining write access to the external sdcard (/mnt/sdcard2) on Android 3.2. The sdcard is mounted r/w, but the owning group is media_rw which is linked to the WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE permission. Unfortunately, this permission was not required for access to the external sdcard prior to 3.2 so most file management utilities do not request it when they run...meaning they only have read access to the card.

The simple solution, if you're rooted, is as follows:

1. Using a root-enabled file manager, navigate to /system/etc/permissions and make sure you have mounted the file system r/w.

2. Edit platform.xml and find the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.

3. Add an additional group definition for this permission...<group gid="media_rw" />

4. Save the changes to the file.

5. Restart your tablet.

After this change, any apps that request the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission (which includes almost anything that access either of the sdcards) will gain group membership in both sdcard_rw AND media_rw, giving them r/w access to both sdcard filesystems.

The only other thing I can suggest is starting from a scratch Xolo ICS install presuming you've got the zip on your phones root and recovery can see it(clear the cache too). I'm afraid you've reached my limited knowledge.

Guest mr00realist

I did not have the update.zip in the root of my phone's storage and even if i did, I would not have been able to access it.

Got it reset from the service center. No data lost from internal storage, ext sd card is removed for good :-P

Guest BlueMoonRising

I did not have the update.zip in the root of my phone's storage and even if i did, I would not have been able to access it.

Got it reset from the service center. No data lost from internal storage, ext sd card is removed for good :-P

Glad it's sorted but I made a mistake in saying you need the update.zip on the phone already, it's not strictly necessary.

Guest mr00realist

ThAnks,

I did have the update.zip in the AIO folders on my pc.

Wud selecting the "flash ics xolo" option have flashed the phone?

Guest BlueMoonRising

The "Flash Xolo ICS" script consists of :-

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe reboot bootloader

sleep 25

C:\SanDiego\tools\fastboot.exe -i 0x8087 flash update xolo\update.zip

and that's it. It should just flash a stock Xolo ICS rom, you would then need to root(if required). This only applies if you HAVE NOT installed any of the upgrades via OTA obviously, if so you need to downgrade first.

The "Flash Orange ICS" script is more complicated because Orange never released the rom to update via USB storage. It has to downgrade to Ginger Bread first before flashing the patched update that was caught by the clever people on here.

Edited by BlueMoonRising