Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest trashbat

How long did peoples tracking take to update after leaving china?

Mine apparently left china on the 24th and i havent been able to track it since

Mine was shipped on the 21st, however have had no tracking and not yet recieved, merimobiles said its on route though so i wouldnt worry too much if you havent had yours yet, would think we should get them around the same time

Guest kieranswhite

Mine was shipped on the 21st, however have had no tracking and not yet recieved, merimobiles said its on route though so i wouldnt worry too much if you havent had yours yet, would think we should get them around the same time

Yeah i'm not worried just frustrated :P i'm off from school so i'm just basically waiting for the phone so i have something to do

Guest kieranswhite

seems very easy

I feel sorry for the people who paid for the rooting :P

Seems like they just use a one-click root tool

Guest tillaz

Thanks Tillaz, does this remove CMW? Also can your zips be used with the stock rom? Also Does this guide apply to the latest official chinese rom from june 15th?

yes, it would replace cwm with the stock recovery, the guide is the same for any MTK Device as long as your adding the proper stock ROM for it,

the zip's i posted will work on stock yes, as long as you have cwm to flash them with.

Incidentluy Tillaz, the original deodexed rom you made of the official June 15th Build is actually exactly the same as the Chinese build plus you just added Gapps right?

There is no way anything could have gone wrong when you repackaged it to affect GPS or 3g is there really? So in fact there is no point in me going back to my original chinese build as your one that i am currently using is basically the latest rom from vowney anyway (+ gapps) right?

yes, its the same but deodexed and Gapps added, (deodexed means the corresponding .odex is merged back into its .apk / .jar as the classes.dex)

no, nothing could have gone wrong to affect those, the problem with 3G is probably related to the baseband / RIL been more configured for Asia (Radio Firmware)

Guest tillaz

tillaz could you have a look why the frame work update you posted sets my phone to full volume all the time regardless of what change the setting too

this version should fix the voulme thing

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/06ae5dab61/

Here is the 2 files I used, if you are not sure what to do I can try and explain what I did, but I'm a bit of a novice.......

here is a .zip to flash them in recovery

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/75461769e8/

Guest e45cream
The menu button doesn't always respond to the long press for recent apps. I find that if I do a long press on the bottom half of the button, it works.

I've noticed that the new 'hybrid' rom on needrom.com states 'gps normal' in the changelog, so might give that one a go tonight.

I flashed the hybrid rom. Not sure about the MIUI look (tiny grey icons on a white background), and there are a lot of Chinese apps, and I couldn't get play store to work, but the other thing I noticed was that it has the standard long-press on home for recent apps instead of on the menu button as in other V5 roms. Does anyone know if that can be done in stock/Tillaz roms?

Haven't had much chance to test the gps yet. Back on Tillaz's rom for now.

Guest Sere83

I flashed the hybrid rom. Not sure about the MIUI look (tiny grey icons on a white background), and there are a lot of Chinese apps, and I couldn't get play store to work, but the other thing I noticed was that it has the standard long-press on home for recent apps instead of on the menu button as in other V5 roms. Does anyone know if that can be done in stock/Tillaz roms?

Haven't had much chance to test the gps yet. Back on Tillaz's rom for now.

Yeah I tried the lewa and the hybrid miui/lewa, no playstore on either and couldn't be bothered to try and install it as they seemed far too full of chinese apps etc. Im now running this one....

http://www.needrom.c...le/vowney-v5-2/

Which actually does not have the Samsung UI framework and i believe is just the June 15th build with root and a few chinese apps added.

I will probably switch back to Tillaz Rom too though because his is the only one in which location by data is working. My 3G /reception issues just get worse too, more temporary network drop outs in this rom, and texts not sending in my house sometimes. All the roms have exact same 3G issues i've been experiencing too, so short of changing the base band or an official rom that sorts it, I don't think it will get any better.

I also emailed merimobiles and they suggest I try that rom from needrom.com. lol

Edited by Sere83

Guest Rico_89

- The description says that the phone should have a 8mp back camera. I can only set it to 6mp max though (still pleased for the bang for buck quality of the camera).

Change the preview size to 4:3 and then you'll get 8mp. Check out burst mode too, hold down the button to take a picture. Also set video quality to "fine" for 1080p..Actually its 1088...

Guest tillaz

here is the camera i use on my nexus 4, its ported from a Motorola phone,

http://www.solidfile...m/d/adeef59a05/ you should be to install it like a normal app.

reason i use it over stock is because it has touch to focus on video recording, unlike the AOSP camera.

i keep stock for photosphere even though i never use it lol

should work on the v5, let me know if not ;)

Guest tcpaulh

here is the camera i use on my nexus 4, its ported from a Motorola phone,

http://www.solidfile...m/d/adeef59a05/ you should be to install it like a normal app.

reason i use it over stock is because it has touch to focus on video recording, unlike the AOSP camera.

i keep stock for photosphere even though i never use it lol

should work on the v5, let me know if not ;)

works well on g300 ;)

Guest kieranswhite

Just got a reply from panda will on their cwm and root video for the v5. I asked if they had an English CWM and this was their reply.

" Pandawill2010 1 hour ago

Sorry we can't find one. Maybe XDA can help.

P.S. We're looking for a ROMer who can make English ROMs for our phones. If interested, just PM :)"

i also saw this on the v5 page on merimobiles

Are you shure supports all 3G bands?

Thanks!

ANSWER:

Yes we confirmed it, these bands work on the second sim slot Must use Micro sim card, thanks

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest blaster99999

i found a gsm/wcdma app last night and installed , i as the option to choose which contry you are in and sets up your frequesncies to suit, i picked euro and when i looked all it does is untick the unused wcdma bands and just keeps the wcdma 2000 ticked.

Guest kieranswhite

Yeah I know :P just wondered if there was another one. Has anyone tried the one-click root method yet that i posted earlier

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest blaster99999

lol you already have an English cwm on here huh.png

haha i would be the "Rom'er" for there phones if there going to send me them lol

might be a job offer for you tillaz , and if you get sent all the latest phones for free for you to mod might be worth your while.

Guest nsmacd1

Yay! V5 just arrived - Ordered on the 12th, so 16 days for delivery if that helps anyone else waiting?

Last tracking details were from the 22nd, where it was in the Swedish post depot in Singapore.

Guest kieranswhite

Yay! V5 just arrived - Ordered on the 12th, so 16 days for delivery if that helps anyone else waiting?

Last tracking details were from the 22nd, where it was in the Swedish post depot in Singapore.

Was that free post??