Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest bryfly

can someone please explain exactly what are these for?

thanks in advanced

these are the 2 files I used to correct my launcher, since then tillaz has combined them into a zip file for flashing which should be easier

Edited by bryfly

Guest bryfly

Well the first one was a repack of the original stock ROM that came with the phone, just with google apps and a few things like SU.

The other two had more tweaks and changes to the newer updated Vowney official ROM.

Correct me if im wrong

just looked and as far as I can see

20/6/13 @ 05:26 tillaz rom with no gapps and not deodexed, so I guess repacked as near to stock as possible

20/6/13 @ 08:45 tillaz rom gapps included and deodexed.

21/06/13 .......a deleted rom

22/6/13 tillaz stripped down rom + simple mods

Hence my confusion when you say you used the repacked one ......which one on the 20th, the first one would appear to be virtually nearer to a stock rom is that the one you used?

Guest kieranswhite

just looked and as far as I can see

20/6/13 @ 05:26 tillaz rom with no gapps and not deodexed, so I guess repacked as near to stock as possible

20/6/13 @ 08:45 tillaz rom gapps included and deodexed.

21/06/13 .......a deleted rom

22/6/13 tillaz stripped down rom + simple mods

Hence my confusion when you say you used the repacked one ......which one on the 20th, the first one would appear to be virtually nearer to a stock rom is that the one you used?

well the one with gapps was the on i used (the second one)

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest bryfly

Dont worry i just flashed tillaz's original repack and gps worked straight away for me :) ive just flashed the mods over the top of that

Strange as Im running the same tillaz ,ROM as you and mine does not work, maybe I should re-install it, then and see what happens

Guest bryfly

here is the recovery image, extract it and add to SDcard and flash with the above app (using the update recovery option)

http://www.solidfile...m/d/03cc209e9e/

followed instructions... download / extract / add to sdcard / flash with mobile uncle "recovery update" option, finds recovery img in sd card, touch ..brings up, are you sure flash recovery. press ok. brings up into recovery mode press ok, phone reboots......no recovery by up vol and power on . through rom manager or mobile uncle into recovery mode, reboot into recovery = phone reboot.

Edited by bryfly

Guest tillaz

followed instructions... download / extract / add to sdcard / flash with mobile uncle "recovery update" option, finds recovery img in sd card, touch ..brings up, are you sure flash recovery. press ok. brings up into recovery mode press ok, phone reboots......no recovery by up vol and power on . through rom manager or mobile uncle into recovery mode, reboot into recovery = phone reboot.

original CWM image to revert

http://www.solidfile...m/d/7968450208/

Guest tillaz

i would just recommend flashing TWRP for anyone wanting touch recovery,

EDIT

i was going to update the ROM i posted today but i'm going to include the System Tweaks settings i have been working on, so might be tomorrow now.

it lest you apply performance tweaks / change density / enable soft buttons etc from a settings menu.

Guest bryfly

cheers tillaz, would like touch recovery, but cannot get up to 7mb recovery partition using the update procedure, so guess stuck with the original cwm......thanks for trying

Guest tillaz

cheers tillaz, would like touch recovery, but cannot get up to 7mb recovery partition using the update procedure, so guess stuck with the original cwm......thanks for trying

can you flash cwm normally with the flash tool? or does it also give an error?

Guest bryfly

can you flash cwm normally with the flash tool? or does it also give an error?

I did it ok originally, before i tried to increase to 7mb I tried pulling stock recovery and that was fine red then blue so went straight to the increase recovery partition mod.

Has anybody else tried "How To Increase Recovery Partition to 7MB And Flash TWRP - Full Touch Recovery" would be handy just in case I got finger trouble

Edited by bryfly

Guest kieranswhite

EDIT

i was going to update the ROM i posted today but i'm going to include the System Tweaks settings i have been working on, so might be tomorrow now.

it lest you apply performance tweaks / change density / enable soft buttons etc from a settings menu.

How's the ROM going??

Also for some reason location via data works on your first deodexed ROM with the Gapps but not with the latest one :(

Any ideas?

Guest tillaz

How's the ROM going??

Also for some reason location via data works on your first deodexed ROM with the Gapps but not with the latest one :(

Any ideas?

Yeah, that's been fixed now will upload the new ROM in a few hours, not really had a lot of time for it as I've been working on other stuff.

Guest kieranswhite

Yeah, that's been fixed now will upload the new ROM in a few hours, not really had a lot of time for it as I've been working on other stuff.

Also , would it be worth adding the ringtones from AOSP or CM10.1 becuase the vowney ringtones and notifications are crap. I think one might even be called samsung

Guest bryfly

And its all gone quite, anyone found any new stuff out for the vowney any updates

No....but been searching for CWM or TWRP touch type on the Chinese forums, when I download them they end up being std CWM move up and down with the vol key....

Guest tillaz

No....but been searching for CWM or TWRP touch type on the Chinese forums, when I download them they end up being std CWM move up and down with the vol key....

TWRP is always going to be to big for the V5s recovery partition, i even built older versions (2.4.0.0) but where still to big, so repartitioning is the only option for that

Also , would it be worth adding the ringtones from AOSP or CM10.1 becuase the vowney ringtones and notifications are crap. I think one might even be called samsung

sure, i can add the AOSP sounds.

Guest kieranswhite
Has anyone managed to fine a silicone case for their V5?

Been away and just catching up. So many posts in one week! :wacko:

+1

Guest kieranswhite

Does anyone else get the NVRA< WARNING Err=0x10 in their wifi networks??

Apprently there is a fix for it here but i have yet to try it

Guest bryfly

added a guide for TWRP

Been trying this for the last hour and not getting very far, get the red line 100% and stop, windows tells me I have the correct driver each time I stop and download start again.........anybody else had a go yet?

pretty sure it is the driver prob again,just keeps loading the pre loader driver .............

Going to have another go at this on a different pc, really want to get the touch type recovery, not sure how long the volume/power buttons will last if using the old type of CWM a lot. Has anybody else tried tillaz package for upping recovery partition to 7mb?