Video Codecs

Guest ShadeStorm98

Guest ShadeStorm98

Yo guys, would someone be a dear and tell me how to install video codecs.

I kinda get that it's not going to be a nice n' simple .apk butttt im running CM10.1 and the sisco cm10.1 kernel with the baseband lewa and everythings running really nice except the lack of video codecs... any help?

Guest KenBW2

Yo guys, would someone be a dear and tell me how to install video codecs.

I kinda get that it's not going to be a nice n' simple .apk butttt im running CM10.1 and the sisco cm10.1 kernel with the baseband lewa and everythings running really nice except the lack of video codecs... any help?

I can't help on your issue sorry, but how's your battery life on CM10.1? I heard that was a problem with one of the kernels. Also Bluetooth?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zzz3bra

Just install MXPlayer or DicePlayer - they have a lot of additional options compared to stock player and play almost everything.

Guest ZolaIII

Just to inform you that the last alpha build of XBMC with hardware (GPU) acceleration is working good with ours phone, at list essential multimedia functions!

This is more then MX player (Dice dose not work it's onli for SG & Mali like GPUs)!

This is full media centre player with advanced futures & it's full version with all PC & console like options! Don't expect miracles it's still in alpha stage bat it's 100% usable & a first one that supports acceleration for network streams on Android...

Forum link official where in the first post is a download link:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005

It's a big one! 51+ MB download & 112 MBA installed.