Yep, definitely a problem with this model

Guest Voxpop2011

Guest Voxpop2011

I collected my repaired phone today and noticed another phone bagged and ready to be sent off, presumably for repair. The note from the repair centre says that the phone "... has been corrected by upgrading the software to the latest manufacturer approved version". So do I root again or just forget about 'messing' with it?

Guest Voxpop2011

By build number ends with B171, so if this is the alleged latest "manufacturer approved version" I wonder what I had before?

So how can Vodafone have installed "the latest manufacturer approved version"? Is anybody aware of an update?

I took my phone back to the Derby store today for repair/replace. It was doing random re-boots, freezing (and only way to recover was to remove battery). It had B171 installed, which I believe is the latest "manufacturer approved version" so it will be interesting to see what they say when mine is returned.

Guest Voxpop2011

The Y300 is a slightly different model, smaller screen to begin with. I see that the Carphonewarehouse is currently sell this model sim free for £129.95 - see here: http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/HUAWEI_Y300 I would have said go for the G510, but I would no longer recommend this model.

@diddydavro, my phone went back to Vodafone for precisely the same reason. Whilst I was collecting my allegedly repaired phone, another model was bagged up presumably to be sent off for repair. Some people are experiencing no problems, but the random re-boots is becoming apparent amongst quite a few handsets.

Edited by Voxpop2011

The Y300 is a slightly different model, smaller screen to begin with. I see that the Carphonewarehouse is currently sell this model sim free for £129.95 - see here: http://www.carphonew...nes/HUAWEI_Y300 I would have said go for the G510, but I would no longer recommend this model.

@diddydavro, my phone went back to Vodafone for precisely the same reason. Whilst I was collecting my allegedly repaired phone, another model was bagged up presumably to be sent off for repair. Some people are experiencing no problems, but the random re-boots is becoming apparent amongst quite a few handsets.

Hi Voxpop2011 - the sad thing is the manager in the store said that my problem sounded like a ROM problem! I'm from an engineering background and I think those sort of problems are hardware related.

Guest Voxpop2011

I think it is almost certainly a software problem as I don't see how a hardware fault could be causing this random re-boots. How have you left it with Vodafone?

I think it is almost certainly a software problem as I don't see how a hardware fault could be causing this random re-boots. How have you left it with Vodafone?

Yes, I have left it with Vodafone. I'm quite happy to accept that it's a software fault, but, why hasn't everyone with the same UK stock (B171) got the same problem(s)? And how will re-installing the same ROM that was already installed cure the problem(s)?

Guest Voxpop2011

When your phone is returned, there will be a note from Vodafone telling you 'What we've done' which will include, amongst other things: '... your device has been corrected by upgrading the software to the latest manufacturer approved version'. This sounds like code for inadequate compiling and testing of the rom, although it's odd that only some handsets are being affected.

Edited by Voxpop2011

When your phone is returned, there will be a note from Vodafone telling you 'What we've done' which will include, amongst other things: '... your device has been corrected by upgrading the software to the latest manufacturer approved version'. This sounds like code for inadequate compiling and testing of the rom, although it's odd that only some handsets are being affected.

I'll let you know what they say when I get it back and details of the software they install.

I'll let you know what they say when I get it back and details of the software they install.

I collected my G510 from Vodafone on Friday 5th July it had a note saying, amongst other things,: '... your device has been corrected by upgrading the software to the latest manufacturer approved version'. The phone had rebooted three times since I got it back. I've been away for a few days and haven't had chance to take it back.

Guest TangerineTractor

After a year with the g300, it has become quite obvious that there are inconsistencies in either build quality or component quality or even different sub-components used by Huawei. There are people experiencing different issues using the same roms/software, and totally different reliability and performance on their g300s, so the only logical explaination is different hardware.

Guest Reider59

To me those words don't necessarily mean it/they had a lower version number before. Just to say it's on the most up to date version currently available. ie we reinstalled your software but made it sound like you got something extra.

To me those words don't necessarily mean it/they had a lower version number before. Just to say it's on the most up to date version currently available. ie we reinstalled your software but made it sound like you got something extra.

I took my G510 back to VF today for the second time; it gets random reboots. The first time they re-installed the same version of ROM that was already installed and said that would cure the problem!! This time they say it's probably the battery?? I had my G300 for 15 months with no problems what-so-ever.

Guest Voxpop2011

Now it's a battery problem? Sounds as if you are being given the run around. I would not accept another repair option on a model this new.

Now it's a battery problem? Sounds as if you are being given the run around. I would not accept another repair option on a model this new.

I agree. If it's not 'properly' fixed this time, I will push for a replacement.

Guest Skip Tracer

I agree. If it's not 'properly' fixed this time, I will push for a replacement.

There is a new Sale of Goods law coming out soon that states if a retailer repairs an item and that item needs repairing again while under guarantee regardless if it’s the same fault or not then the customer can have a full refund.

Trouble is I know it’s coming soon but don’t have an exact date of its implication.