[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest internectual

I flashed the Y300-0100 firmware from Huawei's website to my Y300-0151 and lost 3G options (probably due to radio driver issues or something) since the 0151 supports different frequencies. Is that a problem with this ROM as well?

Guest Frankish
Small bug: I enabled advanced reboot and in reboot menu is option to take screenshot.

Screenshot_2013-08-08-12-19-58.png

What is the bug? Is the screen shot option not working?

Guest jackosterman

What is the bug? Is the screen shot option not working?

I think he found the Screenshot option out of place, and mistook it for a bug.

Guest TangerineTractor

From my experience of CM on the g300, I'm much happier that there is activity customising and tweaking stock based roms.

Even with a bigger pool of developers, CM on the g300 had too many little issues to make it reliable, and I can't see that being any different on the y300. Stock is at least a stable, working base to start from.

Stick with tweaking stock, Tillaz!

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest Carlos_EVH
For anyone as obsessed with memory usage as I am (I know, I know, free RAM is wasted RAM ;)), are your free RAM numbers consistently lower after reinstalling your apps?

Yes, without reinstall anything i have around 200MB but when i reinstall everything I have barely 60 or 80 MB free and my mobile opens apps like camera, bluetooth headset, play music, dsp manager itself. It's weird.

Guest Frankish

By bug I mean bad placed screenshot option (in reboot menu)

Oh ok well it is an intended feature it's all part of that particular mod.

Also Tillaz has always stuck to modifying and improving stock roms. I don't see this changing any time soon. His roms are always built to be as stable and big free as possible. I doubt he's interested in working on CM and we have two devs currently working in CM 10 and 10.1 anyway.

Guest Corn Flake

How do I change the battery type to one that displays %, could do it with beta 1 but can't seem to find setting in beta 2?

Check if you have enabled this battery module in xposed. (after that you have to also restart phone)

Guest tillaz

Yes, without reinstall anything i have around 200MB but when i reinstall everything I have barely 60 or 80 MB free and my mobile opens apps like camera, bluetooth headset, play music, dsp manager itself. It's weird.

trust me the handling of RAM is normal, its just weird if you don't understand how its utilised on android, which is understandable.

the stuff you see open by their self are not actually open, there just running background processes, (normally apps that use sync)

android will try to use up the RAM fast as possible, this ensures apps open faster and use less resources to open them (that's its job)

people seriously need to stop with the free RAM thing, its doing no good for them or their understanding of how their phone is supposed to work

android does a great job of handling it by killing processes when it needs to, my advice its to just use your phone and forget about RAM

unless your phone starts crashing and randomly rebooting while in apps / games. (then its worth looking at)

Guest tillaz

Oh ok well it is an intended feature it's all part of that particular mod.

Also Tillaz has always stuck to modifying and improving stock roms. I don't see this changing any time soon. His roms are always built to be as stable and big free as possible. I doubt he's interested in working on CM and we have two devs currently working in CM 10 and 10.1 anyway.

to be honest i tend not to bother building from source for devices like these (without full source code) because of the amount of problems that come with it

and the not working list that would have you on forever and still not be guaranteed you can get everything working,

so i just stick to building from source for my nexus 4

but to tell the truth i have been thinking of trying to sell the Y300 on eBay for £99 and getting the Xiaocai X9 (7.9mm thin) :D

Guest jackosterman

Can't speak for others, but my free RAM OCD solely revolves around multitasking. While browser page reloads are expected, even after adjusting minfree settings I've had my music player and whatnot killed on a couple of occasions. But yeah, what can you do, 512MB of RAM is what it is no matter the ROM. And I'm certainly happy with this one, so cheers to that.

Guest Carlos_EVH

trust me the handling of RAM is normal, its just weird if you don't understand how its utilised on android, which is understandable.

the stuff you see open by there self are not actually open, there just running background processes, (normally apps that use sync)

android will try to use up the RAM fast as possible, this ensures apps open faster and use less resources to open them (that's its job)

people seriously need to stop with the free RAM thing, its doing no good for them or their understanding of how there phone is supposed to work

android does a great job of handling it by killing processes when it needs to, my advice its to just use your phone and forget about RAM

unless your phone starts crashing and randomly rebooting while in apps / games. (then its worth looking at)

Tillaz I know how android manage the ram, I always try to avoid task killer but with this rom with only 70 or less MB free I only can open one or two app, if I try to open, for example tapatalk and then I open the browser to search something in google the phone kill the launcher or restart the Status bar. The weird thing is with my app reinstalled (facebook, whatsapp, greenify, and system tools apk like busybox, rom toolbox, root explorer) and the phone opens apps like camera, a lot of google services like the bluetooth headset (I dont even use the bluetooth), media service, etc so the free ram is so low, but without install anything the ram reach 200Mb free and any of the mentioned apps aren't opened. I'll try to download all the apps instead of restore them through go backup

Guest Frankish

to be honest i tend not to bother building from source for devices like these (without full source code) because of the amount of problems that come with it

and the not working list that would have you on forever and still not be guaranteed you can get everything working,

so i just stick to building from source for my nexus 4

but to tell the truth i have been thinking of trying to sell the Y300 on eBay for £99 and getting the Xiaocai X9 (7.9mm thin) :D

How much will the Xiaocai be in GBP? Looks very nice but can't be too cheap can it? Also when is it available?

EDIT: Ok merimobiles it's £105 and available now!

Edited by Frankish

Guest TangerineTractor

Getting really poor battery performance on v2.

Hard to say if it's worse than stock since its due to the Google services...

Guest tillaz

Tillaz I know how android manage the ram, I always try to avoid task killer but with this rom with only 70 or less MB free I only can open one or two app, if I try to open, for example tapatalk and then I open the browser to search something in google the phone kill the launcher or restart the Status bar. The weird thing is with my app reinstalled (facebook, whatsapp, greenify, and system tools apk like busybox, rom toolbox, root explorer) and the phone opens apps like camera, a lot of google services like the bluetooth headset (I dont even use the bluetooth), media service, etc so the free ram is so low, but without install anything the ram reach 200Mb free and any of the mentioned apps aren't opened. I'll try to download all the apps instead of restore them through go backup

reading some of this i don't think you do, (or even fully read my post above)

you must have a bad app or something as its not like this for me, i can play lots of 3d games without anything like that happening,

blitz brigade for example.

All my games and apps restored with go backup.

post-913969-0-95096500-1375981553_thumb. post-913969-0-94043300-1375981558_thumb. post-913969-0-33089700-1375981564_thumb. post-913969-0-46939500-1375981572_thumb.]

@Everyone

i don't want to sound like a dick but this is my last response on the whole free RAM thing i get sick of seeing it on modaco & xda

and wasting time trying to explain, if you feel you have really low RAM check you don't have any "rogue" apps because its normal for me.

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest Frankish

Beta 2 i set up and left overnight 61% battery. Just got in from work and checked now over 15 hours later and it's lost 5%. Although it's just been sat no screen on time or anything.

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest jackosterman

Spent the day with 3G on/WiFi off. My phone slept like a drunk baby whenever I wasn't on it. Have you tried disabling auto-sync and restricted background data for apps you don't need?

Guest jackosterman

General comments: Don't want to jump the gun but I'm pretty sure that this ROM is as good as it gets. Not at all knocking the other devs, whose work I too appreciate, but I'll agree that considering the hardware and Huawei's generally clandestine nature with these European models, a stock based ROM is probably what best suits this phone at the moment. There's nothing missing now and plenty gained. Oh, and I finally got MMS working. :wacko: So thanks, especially if this ends up the final build. It's a keeper.