[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

are you using some kind of app that restores your text messages? i have seen this happen on another phone when text messages are restored with go backup

I did use a restore app, Super Backup. Is there anyway round this problem, or do I need to wipe the messages and call history.

Guest jumpoadnan

i can't install the rom every time i boot into recovery (by hiolding the powe button + vol+) -selecting apply update from sdcard it gives me installation aborted error.

so any help here pleas !!

i wiped the cache & did a factory reset & it gives the same error.

Guest tillaz

i can't install the rom every time i boot into recovery (by hiolding the powe button + vol+) -selecting apply update from sdcard it gives me installation aborted error.

so any help here pleas !!

i wiped the cache & did a factory reset & it gives the same error.

no need for the huge text, regular size is easy enough to read ;)

do this

http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2153071

Guest tillaz

already did it but gives the same error !!!

is there another way to install the rom ?

with reguler size wink.png

you need to select the option "choose zip from sdcard" are you selecting sdcard update?

you do have ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP right?

Guest Azeejutt

Hey Everyone! I'm new to this ROM installation thing so I have some doubts regarding it. :/

Can I restore back my original Huawei ROM if anything goes wrong? If it is so then how can I do it? Please guide me.

I've unlocked the boot loader and got root my phone. I want to install this ROM but Please guide me through the procedure by which I can recover back the stock ROM?

Thank You! :)

Hey Everyone! I'm new to this ROM installation thing so I have some doubts regarding it. :/

Can I restore back my original Huawei ROM if anything goes wrong? If it is so then how can I do it? Please guide me.

I've unlocked the boot loader and got root my phone. I want to install this ROM but Please guide me through the procedure by which I can recover back the stock ROM?

Thank You! :)

1. Yes, you can

2. Before install this rom, Inside the menu of twrp go to: backup/select all options and swipe to start (If you have clockworkmod its almost the same procedure)

If you want detailed information:

its everywhere, u just need to search and read (how to make a full backup with twrp/cwm)

@tillaz:

I wan't to just let you know something, maybe you don't know and i didin't read it in earlier posts: when you open an image and then you go to > edit goes FC (maybe that happens only to me though)

however, I'm still very happy with this rom :)

Edited by pdvye

Guest tillaz

i selected it working on ur steps & it gives the same error.

i have TWRP, CWM freezes on my phone.

so what to do ?

the zip is probably corrupted, is the error saying > (bad) ? if so try re-downloading it again.

it should be 155MB

MD5 check sum > 21081eb426e311196796b29ba289cdd0

Guest Azeejutt

Hello!

It may be off the topic but I know everyone has gone through the root process before installing the rom so I need some help.

When I connect my device after restarting by pressing volume key down it stucked on Huawei logo and I attached it to the laptop but laptop didn't recognize anything nor the bootloader showing my device. :(

P.S. I'm using Windows 8 and following the root guide given at http://huawei-y300.tumblr.com.

:(

Guest arsalan11

Hello!

It may be off the topic but I know everyone has gone through the root process before installing the rom so I need some help.

When I connect my device after restarting by pressing volume key down it stucked on Huawei logo and I attached it to the laptop but laptop didn't recognize anything nor the bootloader showing my device. :(

P.S. I'm using Windows 8 and following the root guide given at http://huawei-y300.tumblr.com.

:(

it seems you haven't installed drivers correctly

Guest arsalan11

I've installed the driver given in that site. :(

does it recognize your phone?before unlocking bootloader in fastboot does it show your base number?

Guest disinfo

Hey tillaz,

Just signed up to say a big thank you for this ROM. I only bought the Y300 as my S3 suffered from SSD and I'm waiting for the note 3 to come out.

You've turned my phone into a useable device, that's looks,pretty too!

Edited by disinfo

@ Tillaz

For B04 have you redone the whole ROM against B194? It's just that I've taken a quick look and at a glance it appears as though there's a fair few changes in the framework, libs and bin files. Some of the APK's also appear to be different, for example Phone.apk has a different MD5 for classes.dex. So I would think it'd be easier for you to strip the crap from B194 and add your changes again rather than looking through the whole ROM for changes and copying over anything that looks important?

One thing I did check is if the master key exploits (8219321 & 9695860) had been patched, but the MD5 for classes.dex in core.jar is exactly the same as it is in B03. So my patch should also work for B194.

For them curious about what I'm on about, check out this post: http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2151628

So much for Huawei adding patches from Google. Obviously not patches that improve a users security.

Edited by H3ROS

Glad to hear you've rebased it on B194 rather than copying parts of it over. I guess the public release will be next Saturday afternoon or night? I just really hope for my friends sake that Huawei really did fix the audio issue :)

Yes, Viber. That's pretty much the whole point in the B194 update as it appears they've not done much else. So I'm hoping they've fixed that and that it's not caused any other issues?

Guest ZolaIII

There are actually many more changes then you think! Look at the new models & apps are mostly recompiled. I can send you url of a original backup & a time stamp if you are interested?

Well I did take a quick look at the ROM dump Tillaz had from you and some of the apps have a different MD5, but if you compare the classes.dex within them to what's found in B190 then they're the same. So it's a fresh compile, but it actually has only few changes. A few updates here and there maybe, but when it comes to FusionX all of the Huawei apps are removed anyway.

The main focus for me (since I gather all of this info for my less tech savvy friend) is battery life and fully working features. So if Huawei have fixed audio for Viber then I would hope that it's a true fix and not a quick sloppy fix that's going to cause a wakelock. I worry about that a little because it seems as though Huawei don't optimize ROM's for specific devices. You can tell they don't just by looking through their code as you find no end of useless functions, build.prop switches and that sort of stuff.

I would hope you've had nothing but a positive experience with B194? Decent battery life with no noticeable bugs?

EDIT: In another B190 thread theres 2 other bugs mentioned. Can you confirm if either or both of them have been fixed?

http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2152016

Edited by H3ROS