what is going on!

Guest Clarkiieh

Guest Clarkiieh

Hello there.

I received my boot loader unlock code this morning, I've downloaded the adb tools and to aio unlock tools. But both methods seem not to work? I have disabled fastboot, enabled USB debugging, but when I put the phone into fastboot my computer makes the noise it does when you insert a memory stick or something, so I open the check boot loader bat and it doesn't pick up my phone? Can someone help me out? I will gladly answer all questions I really want it unlocking guys!

Did you switch off phone, remove battery for 10 secs, reinsert battery then press and hold vol down and power to get Huawei loader icon?

Edited by Guest

Guest jackosterman

It seems like you're missing drivers for your computer. If you're using a Y300 on a Windows machine, they're on the unlock/root tumblr.

Guest Clarkiieh

I have the drivers I think, got the ones off the phone and off the tumbler method, uninstalled them and reinstalled. Might re extract the package and see of that helps, the computer says installing drivers when it's bean connected via fastboot but then says it failed (the thing windows does when you connect the phone via USB to transfer files) So the computer picks up the device, just not the programs? I have done everything in the correct order.. Can some one tell me how they have done it please

Guest Clarkiieh

I have just redownloaded the aio tool going to remove the previous one and delete everything to do with it on my laptop and try again when I go back home. Still would like a little more info and guidance please

I have just redownloaded the aio tool going to remove the previous one and delete everything to do with it on my laptop and try again when I go back home. Still would like a little more info and guidance please

Assuming you already have the drivers, (I had) so the way I did was:

1. Download the ADB toolkit and install it on PC

2. Power off phone

3. Remove battery, and then wait for at least 10 seconds

4. Re-install the battery

5. Press and hold the volume down and power keys simultaneously for at least 10 seconds (you should see the Huawei boot logo)

6. Connect the phone to PC using a USB cable

7. Press the Start button on PC and type in ‘Command’

8. Do a change directory (Type CD/) to the folder that contains the ‘fastboot.exe file’, in my case I did ‘cd:\adb-toolkit\bin\files’

9. To check the status of the phone type in: fastboot oem get-bootinfo, you should see a message on PC like: Bootloader Lock State: LOCKED (indicating that the bootloader is still locked)

10. Type in fastboot oem unlock nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (unlock code supplied by Huawei), you should see a message on PC like: Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED indicates that the bootloader is (now) unlocked.

You can now do the next stage which is to install TWRP to root the phone, if that’s what you want to do.

Edited by Guest

Guest Clarkiieh

Ah, I didn't really know how to use cmd on windows, I have put the adb toolkit in C:\Users\Mike\adb-toolkit so what do I type into command?

Guest Clarkiieh

What do I use on command / or \ confused? Cause when it starts it says something like C:>Users>Mike. So what do I type to get to the fastboot.exe?

What do I use on command / or \ confused? Cause when it starts it says something like C:>Users>Mike. So what do I type to get to the fastboot.exe?

When you reply can you press the 'Quote' button so that I get an email to say that you've responded to my 'quote', if that makes sense. Edited by Guest

Guest Clarkiieh

When you reply can you press the 'Quote' button so that I get an email to say that you've responded to my 'quote', if that makes sense.

I have put it into C:\Users\Mike

It's in the root of the mike directory.

Could I do it this way to get into the fastboot..

Disable the internet connect to my laptop.

Find the location of fastboot.exe open the file locations via windows explorer if you know what i mean..

Drag and drop it into cmd with the CD beginng? Would that work?

Guest MadHatterRyu

just a suggestion... you should shift to linux.. its amazing how SEEMLESSLY the phone and the OS seem to be able to communicate with each other.. its like brothers talking.. with windows its like an awkward business meeting with a chinese guy.. you know you cant afford screw ups but you can only rely on the interpretter you have with you.. at best..

if you're into gaming and its limited to stuff like team fortress or dota etc, you're better off on linux.. if you dont game, you're better off on linux...

I have put it into C:\Users\Mike

It's in the root of the mike directory.

Could I do it this way to get into the fastboot..

Disable the internet connect to my laptop.

Find the location of fastboot.exe open the file locations via windows explorer if you know what i mean..

Drag and drop it into cmd with the CD beginng? Would that work?

I'm sending you a personal message.

Guest Clarkiieh

So what I've gathered is.

Do all the steps. Putting phone into fast boot ect ect

Open Cmd promp

Use the following "cd: \"

Get the command line to "C:\" rather than C:\Users\Mike

Type the following into command cd C:\Users\Mike\adb-toolkit \bin\fastboot.exe

Is that correct cause that the address line I get when hunting the fastboot.exe?

So what I've gathered is.

Do all the steps. Putting phone into fast boot ect ect

Open Cmd promp

Use the following "cd: \"

Get the command line to "C:\" rather than C:\Users\Mike

Type the following into command cd C:\Users\Mike\adb-toolkit \bin\fastboot.exe

Is that correct cause that the address line I get when hunting the fastboot.exe?

Yes. I've sent you a personal message. This is the original thread which defines what to do and where to get the information, downloads etc.. http://www.modaco.co...our-bootloader/. PM me if you need any more help.

Edited by Guest

Guest Clarkiieh

Yes. I've sent you a personal message. This is the original thread which defines what to do and where to get the information, downloads etc.. http://www.modaco.co...our-bootloader/. PM me if you need any more help.

I have got to the fastboot OEM get-bootinfo

And it just says waiting for device? I have installed the mobile partner adb driver? Is this the right one?

And it just says waiting for device? I have installed the mobile partner adb driver? Is this the right one?

I don't know because the drivers for my G510 were loaded automatically when I connected the phone. Reading back through the topic and other topics you've created it looks like you have a Y300? I don't know whether the procedure is the same for both phones so I suggest you refer to the link in the previous entry. There are some basic things you need to understand about Windows, your phone and Android before I can help you further so I will elaborate on these by PM. If anyone else can help 'Clarkiieh', please chip in.

Edited by Guest

Guest Clarkiieh

OK mates, I think it's starting to look like a windows problem. Havn't got Linux though and wouldn't know where to start with the partition version of Ubuntu

OK mates, I think it's starting to look like a windows problem. Havn't got Linux though and wouldn't know where to start with the partition version of Ubuntu

I've done a script with some screen dumps from Windows but I can't see how to paste the screen dump images into a reply. I'll keep trying during the day

Guest joestone

Hi !

It is so simple. You have NO fastboot drivers installed. Working adb or installed mobile partner is just for adb interface. When you start the phone in bootloader mode windows needs another driver for fastboot interface.

On windows7 let the windows to search for drivers on windows update for the driver of the fastboot interface. You can check that the driver is working by typing fastboot devices. If you get some numbers (serial of the phone) you have the drivers installed. If you got waiting for device you have no fastboot drivers installed.

If you have windows XP you can use pdanet package from junefabrics.com for fastboot drivers.

Guest Clarkiieh

I have solved the issue! It was right in front of my to whole time! Well.. You know it wasn't installing the device driver? Well that was because I hadn't set it to default! So what I did is..

Put phone into fastboot.

Connected to the laptop.

Opened device manager.

Click on the android phone.

Chose to update driver.

Chose browse computer for driver software

Then the option to pick from the device drivers on the computer.

Chose "android sooner single ADB INTERFACE"