How to get rid of huawei software/or clean rom

Guest Aeriksen

Guest Clarkiieh

Root the phone. You can do this by unlocking the boot loader or by following a post on the XDA website which is very easy. Then you have a few options..

You can download Titanium Backup and do it that way. It is so slow though if you don't have pro!

Or you can simply install a app called root uninstaller. Fast easy and no messing about. BUT BEFORE YOU START GOING ALL HAPPY DELETE ON YOUR PHONE.. BE A GOOD LAD AND BACK EVERYTHING UP!

Now. I deleted everything that looked like a app. Nothing else. I pushed Nova Launched into system apps using Root explorer, and got rid of huawei's unlock and home apps. Just make sure you have another launcher pushed to system apps. Cause if you root first then unlock boatloader like I did, your going to have a slight problem when you can't navigate through apps when your phone system resets. I did.. Had to wait for a app to need updating via Google play and install and open nova launcher via Google play haha!

Guest markhuges

Root the phone. You can do this by unlocking the boot loader or by following a post on the XDA website which is very easy. Then you have a few options..

You can download Titanium Backup and do it that way. It is so slow though if you don't have pro!

Or you can simply install a app called root uninstaller. Fast easy and no messing about. BUT BEFORE YOU START GOING ALL HAPPY DELETE ON YOUR PHONE.. BE A GOOD LAD AND BACK EVERYTHING UP!

Now. I deleted everything that looked like a app. Nothing else. I pushed Nova Launched into system apps using Root explorer, and got rid of huawei's unlock and home apps. Just make sure you have another launcher pushed to system apps. Cause if you root first then unlock boatloader like I did, your going to have a slight problem when you can't navigate through apps when your phone system resets. I did.. Had to wait for a app to need updating via Google play and install and open nova launcher via Google play haha!

Which option is easier. Are you rooted which method did you do

What do you recommended for a newbie

Guest Clarkiieh

Well Huawei like to keep you waiting for the unlock code. So I used the XDA website and rooted first. You can simply find how to do this by googling root Huawei Y300 without unlocking boot loader.

I then chose to use the Root Uninstaller App from Google play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsapp.android.pfuninstall&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Droot+uninstaller+app

I backed up my phone first with the built in Backup app.

You can also back up the apps you want with this app too.

Once you have backed up, put the folder with the back up on a computer for safe keeping.

Now you have uninstalled all the junk you want. (Anything with a green droid as a app image don't delete.)

You can now install another launcher? Apex, nova there is a endless supply. Disable huawei unlock I'm manage apps to get stock jelly bean unlock? Or uninstall it.

I eventually got the code off huawei and unlocked boot loader but because I deleted the default launcher and after unlocking the phone whipes everything I had no launcher :( luckily Google play had a update on the notification bar and I installed nova then pushed it to the system apps using root explorer.

But hey don't listen to me. Make the phone yours not mine :) have fun but be careful.

Guest Clarkiieh

Wow, took 3 days for me via the website. Had to replace the phone therefore I had to request a new code. Sent a email this time and get it within the hour, stayed up until about 4am to send it though haha..

• 2 months later...
Guest Tarpish_Krakatu

No need to contact huawei and wait now to receive bootloader unlock code for this y300 phone and other android based phone models, it can be seen on free detection info service by dc-unlocker soft. Tut here for process if needed.

Model               : Huawei MSM8X25 series
IMEI                : 8694510**********
Wi-Fi MAC           : 78:F5:FD*****
BlueTooth MAC       : 78:F5:FD:*********
Bootloader status   : locked
Bootloader code     : 8734618434034574
SIM Lock status     : unlocked
Edited by Tarpish_Krakatu