CyanogenMod 10.1 Build R22 [02/10/14]

Guest Kra1o5

I'll take a screenshot of this, I dont really have a problem with this rom at all.. its incredibly stable.. there IS ONE THING which I find a bit annoying but can get used to.. (though I wish its resolved)

http://s522.photobucket.com/user/terrywolfster/media/2013_09_13_150520.png.html

the 3 buttons (return, home, task manager) are taking up real estate on my little screen.. and it looks silly with 3 buttons below that..

You can also remove the buttons in the build.prop

Change qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 into qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

Guest MadHatterRyu

Yes, reflashing a ROM will also replace the kernel (due to replacing boot/recovery partitions). How did you flash Defroost kernel?

before flashing the new one in.. what do I do? flash em together by adding two zips in queue?

You can also remove the buttons in the build.prop

Change qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 into qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

Guest MadHatterRyu

@Ithamar

theres one more thing I dont understand.. if the kernels are replaced.. why is it that the frequency table for the Y300 doesnt let you take it above 1ghz?

this is confusing as hell :wacko: :unsure:

Guest joestone

@Ithamar

theres one more thing I dont understand.. if the kernels are replaced.. why is it that the frequency table for the Y300 doesnt let you take it above 1ghz?

this is confusing as hell :wacko: :unsure:

There are frequency tables in kernel , the kernel detects the chip type and use the matching frequency table. This time there is no OC in kernel , so the stock tables are in use and as I know Y300 has 1 GHz cpu.

The attachments show the battery usage in my deep sleep test. The wifi is off , 3G is on , NFC is on . This is just a test , because before the 0912 build the battery was discharging very fast even in deep sleep.

post-767487-0-80338800-1379093282_thumb.

post-767487-0-70794300-1379093313_thumb.

Edited by joestone

Guest MadHatterRyu

There are frequency tables in kernel , the kernel detects the chip type and use the matching frequency table. This time there is no OC in kernel , so the stock tables are in use and as I know Y300 has 1 GHz cpu.

isnt the chip on the Y300 the same as the G510? (QC-MSM 8225) except the 510 supports a higher clockspeed? I thought that extra clockspeed was made possible BY the difference in kernel frequency table with the 510 maxing at 1.2ghz..

sorry if I sound stupid :mellow: I'm a Windows Mobile 6 guy.. this is my first droid and theres a LOT I still dont get.. and what I THOUGHT I understoods now falling apart :D

The attachments show the battery usage in my deep sleep test. The wifi is off , 3G is on , NFC is on . This is just a test , because before the 0912 build the battery was discharging very fast even in deep sleep.

u mean 22% for 9 hours in deep sleep mode ?

Guest joestone

isnt the chip on the Y300 the same as the G510? (QC-MSM 8225) except the 510 supports a higher clockspeed? I thought that extra clockspeed was made possible BY the difference in kernel frequency table with the 510 maxing at 1.2ghz..

sorry if I sound stupid :mellow: I'm a Windows Mobile 6 guy.. this is my first droid and theres a LOT I still dont get.. and what I THOUGHT I understoods now falling apart :D

That's just the family , like the intel core i3.

Guest joestone

u mean 22% for 9 hours in deep sleep mode ?

Not really was deep sleep all time , but very limited touch . Just for test the mods made in 0912 build. The battery handling is still not perfect , but the mod made some extra time.

post-767487-0-31961600-1379095030_thumb.

Not really was deep sleep all time , but very limited touch . Just for test the mods made in 0912 build. The battery handling is still not perfect , but the mod made some extra time.

that's a great advance, way to go

Here is my new build. I fixed some bug related to battery life. Now I have much better battery life , still not perfect , but better as before.

http://goo.im/devs/j...FICIAL-G510.zip

My build uses internal sd as primary to set external sd as primary you need to change build.prop.

change this line: #vold.externalsd.isprimary=true

to this: vold.externalsd.isprimary=true

save the file and reboot the phone

thanks joestone for this new build, i flashed it last night and as you said, battery life is better :D

Guest moochermick

Yes on joestones latest and battery much better, been on since 1.00am now 20.00 and 55% left moderate use, browsing, few call, installed apps and settings to my liking.

Bit buggy at first but settled after about an hour, I did stop the CRT animation so whether that was cause or not.

I think this is the best cm so far, many thanks for sticking with it.

Guest Clarkiieh

Aye fair point, the thing that pushes me away is the pure android mms app :/ its not that good and in don't like using any from the internet cause my messages don't come through if I disable the default and push the new into system apps

Progress report :

I have a working wifi tether , there will be a new build soon in a separate thread.

That is great news thanks for supporting our devices. You guys,the devs are our spirit.

Love to have a good cyanogenmod.

Guest TangerineTractor
Progress report :

I have a working wifi tether , there will be a new build soon in a separate thread.

Have you managed to replicate the camera forcing reboot issue?

Guest n1ggrsdntcry

Just was working on wifi , but the next is camera.

Can you tell me? is there any way to change default storage to external sd without reinstalling the rom?

P.S. sorry for my poor english.

joestone: I dont know if it helps or not to solve the Y300 milky colors issue, but when I flashed the Defroost kernel onto the stock rom, I got the same result.

I mean washed colors / low gamma level display.

example:

http://webstyleguide.com/wsg3/figures/11-graphics/11-3-700.jpg

Low gamma level of display looks like exactly the same as the display issue on Y300.

Guest joestone

Can you tell me? is there any way to change default storage to external sd without reinstalling the rom?

P.S. sorry for my poor english.

- In file explorer (running in root mode) edit /system/build.prop

- chnage this line :#vold.externalsd.isprimary=true

- to this : vold.externalsd.isprimary=true

- save the file

- restart the phone

You can change the default storage by editing this line in build.prop anytime without reinstalling the rom.