CyanogenMod 10.1 Build R22 [02/10/14]

Guest Kra1o5

Guest markdj57

Hi Guys, 

I'm not hugely technical but would like to thank the developers of this ROM for their amazing work. I got the Y300 unlocked using the dc-unlocker and adb all for free, and flashed CM10. Working great. This is my Mum's phone now. During the week she noticed an OTA update but it could not be downloaded. Is this a current issue?

Thanks

Mark

Guest Yaqubyahya

Hi Guys,

I'm not hugely technical but would like to thank the developers of this ROM for their amazing work. I got the Y300 unlocked using the dc-unlocker and adb all for free, and flashed CM10. Working great. This is my Mum's phone now. During the week she noticed an OTA update but it could not be downloaded. Is this a current issue?

Thanks

Mark

Yea, it's linked to the authors drop box and his download limit has been reached so you have to wait until he updates the topic with a download link

Guest nxmatic

Try navigating to /sys/devices/platform/pmic-leds/leds/button-backlight/ with a file explorer. Can you see max_brightness from there/does the folder exist?

Yes, it exist. How can I put echo 30 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/max_brightness in a init.d file ?

Guest jackosterman

Extract the files from the attached zip. There's two inside, but you should only need one. 

Place the first file in /system/etc/init.d, set permissions to rwxrwxrwx and reboot. If that fails, try the second file instead. 

You're free to open up either file and change '30' to whatever you'd like. '0' will disable the backlights, which is how I roll (I believe '20' is the standard minimum). You can test out variations of the echo line in terminal; just enter su first. 

Yes, it exist. How can I put echo 30 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/max_brightness in a init.d file ?

Button Backlights.zip

Extract the files from the attached zip. There's two inside, but you should only need one. 

Place the first file in /system/etc/init.d, set permissions to rwxrwxrwx and reboot. If that fails, try the second file instead. 

You're free to open up either file and change '30' to whatever you'd like. '0' will disable the backlights, which is how I roll (I believe '20' is the standard minimum). You can test out variations of the echo line in terminal; just enter su first. 

The first works, damn bro thank you, i was searching this since the first cyanogenmod  ^_^

Guest Yaqubyahya

Rom's been working fine for everything, only having one problem now

Can't play video's on snapchat back, the screen starts glitching out, has this got to do with HW acceleration or the video drivers?

If this was fixed then it'd be very appreciated

Guest Yaqubyahya

Thankyou!

Guest Romagnolo1973

I can't try at the moment**

but I saw that works so thanks a lot man, you are great !!!

Whit this trick and Radio FM this rom is simply perfect

** I am testing duration of this CM compared to FusionX in "motorola startac mode" alias only 2G 16 hours a day and 8 h in aeromode. No wifi, bt, mp3, gps, video ... simply using it as a old GSM telphone of the 90'.

With Fusion i reach 20 days and now I will see how CM is in terms of battery drain.

When I finaly reach the 1% battery I will shot a pic and post it here

Guest Yaqubyahya

OTA updater downloaded the rom but didn't install it, it went into recovery and restarted straight away, had to install it the manual way by downloading the rom and rebooting into recovery.

@Kra1o5, hi kra, since b197 and also in the new b199, games are more fast and smoother (you can notice it with games like ski safari or temple run 2), can you try to find what is changed and export this changes in cm10.1 if is it possible?thanks :)

Edited by fonz93

Guest fricy81

@Kra1o5: Nice rom, using it for a few days now. One issue I found is that the notification led keeps the phone from going to deep sleep: It uses the lowest possible clock speed, and drains about 3-4% battery/hour. The offending process is "blink" according to Better battery stats. Do you need a logcat, or is it enough information for you?

Guest Pitu_Xque

@Kra1o5: Nice rom, using it for a few days now. One issue I found is that the notification led keeps the phone from going to deep sleep: It uses the lowest possible clock speed, and drains about 3-4% battery/hour. The offending process is "blink" according to Better battery stats. Do you need a logcat, or is it enough information for you?

+1 i have this problem :(

Guest Romagnolo1973

same happens to me after miss a call, 1 hour blinking is more or less 3% battery drain in my case, cpu stay to minimum but minimus is not sleep state