[ ROM ] Ascend Y300-0100 MIUIV5

Guest Joao Pereira

Guest Joao Pereira

Hi

After some researching and testing some installations, got the MIUI working on my Y300-0100.

These are the steps I made, for the installation.

I hope they are useful.

These are not cooked roms but as usual, I'm not responsible for any malfunction, this may cause to your phone.

Clear cache, data, dalvik

Format cache, cust, date, system

Install baseband_eu

Install ROM (either versions)

Validate if the 3g is functional

Install baseband_chino (to be able to end calls)

Validating that is functional

install GAPPS

In both roms, could end calls, and had 3g and google play.

Both roms are in chines or english.

https://mega.co.nz/#...5emRabeCnRqgAmg

https://www.dropbox....djqj/i3QpPHaybX

post-921471-0-80561500-1377094961_thumb.

post-921471-0-55913600-1377094967_thumb.

post-921471-0-38459100-1377094977_thumb.

post-921471-0-40866800-1377094992_thumb.

Guest Ducsidu

If I flash this how you said, abd than I move to another rom, than everything will work fine?

Thanks for the tutorial!

Edited by Ducsidu

Guest TangerineTractor

If I flash this how you said, abd than I move to another rom, than everything will work fine?

Yes, I haven't had to flash any basebands on other roms... what are the implications if I want to go back to a different rom?

Guest radu_sergiu

where do we have the file with the chinese baseband? thanks

Le. I assume that lewa baseband is simillar with chinese baseband.after I flashed it, I can hang up calls, but i have 2g conectivity , not 3g. Are you sure about 3g ?

Edited by radu_sergiu

Guest Joao Pereira

This will be great if 3G works as well as calls hanging up!! Will try at some point any other bugs?

Some error with android sync... you can disable service

Guest Joao Pereira

I'm flasing baseband_eu first, because i'm assuming on first boot android picks up 3g conf and then it doesn't change when i put chinese baseband, for call hanging.

Also, i went back to tillaz rom and no problems there.

don't forget, if you change roms, and calls aren't hanging up, probably you have the wrong baseband installed... just flash the correct one.

Guest Joao Pereira

where do we have the file with the chinese baseband? thanks

Le. I assume that lewa baseband is simillar with chinese baseband.after I flashed it, I can hang up calls, but i have 2g conectivity , not 3g. Are you sure about 3g ?

it's inside the folder... all basebands are there... yes, 3g not 2g... ;)

Guest radu_sergiu

I got it. There is also a folder, with everything inside in it. I will try again. lol.

LE. I tried again. Yes, I can hang up calls, but, 2g not 3g which is useless. Did someone else try it? Maybe I am doing something wrong...

Edited by radu_sergiu

Guest kannasbor0

I'm flasing baseband_eu first, because i'm assuming on first boot android picks up 3g conf and then it doesn't change when i put chinese baseband, for call hanging.

Also, i went back to tillaz rom and no problems there.

don't forget, if you change roms, and calls aren't hanging up, probably you have the wrong baseband installed... just flash the correct one.

Hi!

You made a miui from parts, which works correctly..

What if you reset the phone, and back it up for us? :)

Guest Joao Pereira

Hi!

You made a miui from parts, which works correctly..

What if you reset the phone, and back it up for us? :)

Hi. it's not a cooked rom. I download the rom from a chinese forum.

Could be a port, but not my cooking... ;)

Guest TangerineTractor

Yeah... installed fine, wouldn't save APN settings.

Flashed chinese base, only got 2g

Flashed eu base again, got 3g

Kept saving apn settings but none appeared in the list, but suddenly data started?

Answered a call, locked on hanging up, then could not recieve any more calls. Shame, but totally unusable.

Looked nice, seemed slick from what I saw. Similar to Lewa but with a nice black and orange interface.

Guest Ducsidu

Yeah... installed fine, wouldn't save APN settings.

Flashed chinese base, only got 2g

Flashed eu base again, got 3g

Kept saving apn settings but none appeared in the list, but suddenly data started?

Answered a call, locked on hanging up, then could not recieve any more calls. Shame, but totally unusable.

Looked nice, seemed slick from what I saw. Similar to Lewa but with a nice black and orange interface.

Yeah, and MIUI's greatest advantage is that it has lots of theme unlike Lewa... I'd like to have MIUI with everything working, because Lewa is just a "copy" of MIUI without themes.

Guest TangerineTractor

Yeah, and MIUI's greatest advantage is that it has lots of theme unlike Lewa... I'd like to have MIUI with everything working, because Lewa is just a "copy" of MIUI without themes.

Lewa is 4.1.2 - don;t know what the diffeerence is - and running really well now without any chinese anywhere, and probably the fastest the phone has been so far, and best battery... but MIUI looks much nicer.

Guest Ducsidu

Lewa is 4.1.2 - don;t know what the diffeerence is - and running really well now without any chinese anywhere, and probably the fastest the phone has been so far, and best battery... but MIUI looks much nicer.

This MIUI is "just" 4.1.1, but you probably wouldn't feel difference (optimization, few bugfixes and you can open/close notifications with just one finger). Yeah, it was my daily driver for a few weeks until FusionX, since then I tried a few roms, I think Lewa was the best, but I didn't like it's MIUI feeling and I couldn't even get a cool theme for it, because there are only a few people who uses Lewa OS

Guest burunduk666

Guys, if anyone will have a problem with calls - that post can help you as it help me ().

And I wanted to know one little thing. Can I use MIUI weather app with European cities? I don't want widgets or other apps. I want native app shows me my city. Is any way to do it, because it offers me only Chinese cities.