[Progress] Porting CyanogenMod 10.1 for G510 to G330

Guest StefanV3

Guest StefanV3

Hi,

this is the thread for Porting CyanogenMod 10.1 builds for Huawei Ascend G510/Y300 from kra1o5 and joestone to the not so popular Huawei Ascend G330.

As the hardware of g330 is mostly similar to G510/Y300 i am using this forum to publish my work.

I am successful for porting joestones latest build for G510 to G330 because i compared his builds from 20130817 (old) and 20130827 (new) and found out that there are some different (newer???) libs in /system/lib and /system/lib/hw. So i focused on four libs:

/system/lib:

- libaudioflinger.so

/system/lib/hw

- audio.primary.msm7x27.so

- audio_policy.default.so

- audio_policy.msm7x27.so

i replaced these files in latest build with the ones from old build and i was successful of getting audio and mic and speaker at telephony to work.

For working camera i used the boot.img of kra1o5 latest build for Y300 and even i get access to the sim contacts.

Now i am focusing on the heavy battery drain but please be patient until tdoay's evening...

Thanks

StefanV3

Edited by StefanV3

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

I think it would be better for you to wait until we have stable releases for Y300/G510, because for now these builds have lots of bugs and its probably not useful to port the bugs from G510 to G330 :D

Guest StefanV3

Hi,

maybe you are right. Because of joestone has released a new build with ril fixes i'll try these and see if something is new.

I started this Topic because i didn't want to spam the G510/Y300 thread with G330 things. It's even unclear too.

Thanks

StefanV3

Guest StefanV3

Hi,

yes but the same problem. No speaker no mic...

So nebenbei, in eglish heißt ROM ebenfals ROM und nicht ROME, weil ROM = Read Only Memory ;)

StefanV3

Guest StefanV3

Hi,

i compared the new version (build date 2013-08-27)of joestone with old version (build date 2013-08-17) and it seems that the framework is the same... So i think the problem maybe in audo driver because its different...

Trying to create the new build with old audio driver and see if it works...

*Update*

Very confusing... Most parts of the rom are the same (differences only in audio driver and wifi + added codecs) but no working ril...

Success!!! Got rIl working now. Problem seems to be related to audio driver libs and som media xml's.

StefanV3

Edited by StefanV3

Guest StefanV3

Hi

Wifi works

ril works (mic and speaker too!!!)

Now i am doing a last test and if it's all right i will release information waht to change to get ril working...

StefanV3

Guest StefanV3

Hi

what you mean with audio? Did you mean playback of Audio files?

I think the bugs are the same as in latest build of joestone but wait a few moments and i tell you what the Problem was...

StefanV3

Guest Daddelgreis

Did you solve the problem with the sound on the external speakers.

At this point I'm stuck've got no solution unless it's the kernel or the ramdisk

Hast du das problem mit den Sound auf dem Externen lautsprecher lösen können.

An der Stelle komme ich nicht weiter hab da keine lösung auser es liegt am kernel bzw an der Ramdisk

Guest StefanV3

Hi,

yes i think. I figured out that, compared to the build from 20130817, the latest build from joestone has some different libs in /system/lib and /system/lib/hw.

From build of 20130817 i grabbed four files files,

fom /System/lib/hw :

- audio.primary.msm7x27.so

- audio_policy.default.so

- audio_policy.msm7x27.so

from /System/lib

- libaudioflinger.so

and replaced the ones in the latest build and tada, mic and speaker at voice call are working. Even i have system sounds (i.e. when i touch the Screen) and louder sounds when i am dial a number. Will see if we got kra1o5 build usable in this way. But first i'll try to make a rom with these replaced files and see if it works because i tried so much things and i won't Forget something (that was the problem of afternoon today <_<

StefanV3

Guest Daddelgreis

I have the two Rome, s compared with WinMerge has more differences on what the audio is concerned.

Ich habe die beiden Rom,s mit WinMerge verglichen das weist mehr unterschiede auf was Audio angeht.

Guest StefanV3

Hi,

i use Beyond Compare 3 to compare files and Folders and yes there are a few more lib that are changed but These four libs do the Job. But in kra1o5 Rom they are not working, no boot.

By the wy, if you flash the kernel (boot.img) from kra1o5's last build you get camera working and you got SIM contacts!!!

Ich verwende Beyond Compare 3 zum vergelichen von Dateien und Ordnern und ja, es gibt ein paar mehr geänderte libs, aber die 4 die ich oben genannten bringen die Telefonie zum laufen.

Und so nebenbei, wenn Du den Kernel (boot.img) aus kra1o5 Rom flashst, dann geht auch die Kamera und Du siehst SIM-Kontakte!!!

StefanV3

Guest Daddelgreis

Ok that works with the exchange.

That with the Kammera is clear that drivers are not included in the ramdisk so it goes with the Boot.img of kra1o5

For this, the WiFi is no longer with the Boot.img of kra1o5

To the Boot.img should be unpacked boot.img and the camera driver in the G510

Ok das mit den Austausch funktioniert.

Das mit der Kammera ist klar die Treiber sind nicht in der Ramdisk enthalten deswegen geht es mit den Boot.img von kra1o5

Dafür geht das WiFi nicht mehr mit der Boot.img von kra1o5

Dazu müsste die Boot.img entpackt werden und die Kameratreiber mit in das G510 boot.img rein

Edited by Daddelgreis

Guest StefanV3

Hi,

i could not confirm this, WiFi works with boot.img from kra1o5.

But battery drain is very heavy, i take a look at this today evening.

Kann ich nicht bestätigen. WiFi geht mit der boot.img von kra1o5...

Allerdings ist der Akkuverbrauch schon heftig, aber ich setz mich hezte Abend da mal dran.

StefanV3

Guest Daddelgreis

Ok what rom have you had from kra1o5 I put the boot.img from the latest

Ok welche rom hast du von kra1o5 genommen ich hatte das boot.img aus der Letzten

Guest StefanV3

Hi,

i used the one from the r3 build of kra1o5: http://d-h.st/Fof . But i see that there is a newer one from yesterday so maybe kra1o5 has changed something...

Try using the kernel modules from the latest build from wifi /system/lib/modules :

- ar6000.ko

- cfg80211.ko

Ich habe die boot.img von der Version R3 verwendet: http://d-h.st/Fof . Aber ich sehe gerade, daß es eine neuere von gestern gibt. Warscheinlich hat kra1o5 etwas geändert.

Probiere mal ob Du mit den Kernel-Modulen von der aktuellsten Build aus /system/lib/modules weiterkommst :

- ar6000.ko

- cfg80211.ko

StefanV3

Guest Daddelgreis

I have the boot.img from the rom cm 10.1 20,130,825-EXPERIMENTAL-u8833-R3 taken as WiFi runs very well the only thing the really high battery consumption.

What else to make the Bluetooth battery Video recording

Ich hab die boot.img aus den rom cm-10.1-20130825-EXPERIMENTAL-u8833-R3 genommen da läuft WiFi sehr gut das einzige ist der wirklich hohe akku verbrauch.

Was noch zu machen ist der Bluetooth Akku Videoaufzeichnung

I've already tested whether the Google Apps tolerated with the rom that is also very good

Ich hab schon getestet ob sich die Google Apps mit der rom vertragen das geht auch sehr gut

Edited by Daddelgreis