What Games Can you Run?

Guest Clarkiieh

Guest Skulltastrophe

I know I've got a few threads up on here but trying to keep the Huawei spirits high and the banter going..

But what games have you got running smoothly on your phone? Heres a list of mine:-

Huawei Y300-0100

GTA 3 ( runs acceptable on high settings)

Blitz Brigade (haven't tried online yet)

SaS Zombie assault

Aftermath xHD

Fruit ninja

Mine craft PE

Hill climb racing

Really? The first game I downloaded for Y300 was GTA3 and it suffered to run it on lowest. I mean you could get a solid 25-30fps on some places/areas/mission w/e but it was around 15-25fps mostly.

Guest Skulltastrophe

But still my list currently would be for Y330.

- Order & Chaos Online

- Haegemonia - Legions of Iron

- Dead Space

and well thats about it, I had Walking Dead and San Andreas for some time but it lagged so bad that I couldn't handle it, I also have some s*** cancer mainstream games like Minecraft and Plague Inc.

But those are just the current games I have installed, I got like 50+ games on my PC for android B) brag about it

nba 2k14 (powered by GL tools -sometimes it lags but playable though)
Real Racing 4 (Smooth)
Modern Combat 4 (Smooth)
Subway Surf (sometimes it lags but playable too)
Samurai II vengeance (Smooth)

My list (updated 6/10):

-FIFA 12

-FIFA 14 (A lil' bit slow sometimes but mostly PLAYABLE :D)

-FIFA 15: Ultimate Team (SLOWER than FIFA 14, annoyingly PLAYABLE)

-Plants vs. Zombies 2

-NFS Most Wanted (niceeeeee)

-Subway Surfers (stutters a bit but very playable)

-Temple Run 2

-Fruit Ninja

-Minecraft PE 0.9.0 alpha (stutters sometimes when on Fancy graphics, but very playable)

-LEGO Star Wars - The Yoda Chronicles

-TETRIS by EA (sometimes the phone reboots when the game is about to start- but does not happen when in Chil360 kernel)

-Hill Climb Racing

-Clash of Clans

Basic graphic games like Flappy Bird, Swing Copters and 2048 doesn't count. But it's working, too.  :P 

SUMMARY: In my opinion, Android KitKat on our Y300/G510 for me is OK on casual gaming but not on high-end gaming due to obsolete graphics libs and drivers.

This seems almost unreal to me because I normally always run kitkat. I'm guessing 4.1.1 performance is a lot better? Are you running FusionX and what version? Also is there any advantage of using the FusionX reborn instead?

Guest mshaw213

I seem to be struggling to run any "heavy" games on AOSP Mod - in particular Trials Frontier and Clumsy Ninja (both of these are free if any one wants to try them).

These did both run OK on Luca's AOSPA Beta 4 without me even needing to us GLTools.

I went back to AOSP Mod as it seems to give the best overall experience (Android system feels smoother and I can't remember the last random restart I had). But I do miss those games...

It might be improved by installing the Synopsis kernel, but it could be the RAM usage. I was only able to test Clumsy Ninja because the other game isn't compatible and checks to see if I've ever had it installed, which I haven't. Clumsy Ninja did work though. It wasn't amazingly smooth, but it was playable.

Lately I've been testing the donate version of Greenify. With that you can set it's working mode to boost and enable all of the supported experimental features. You can then hibernate things like the gallery, picasa uploader, sim toolkit, wallpaper gallery, YouTube and more.

Guest mshaw213

It might be improved by installing the Synopsis kernel, but it could be the RAM usage. I was only able to test Clumsy Ninja because the other game isn't compatible and checks to see if I've ever had it installed, which I haven't. Clumsy Ninja did work though. It wasn't amazingly smooth, but it was playable.

Lately I've been testing the donate version of Greenify. With that you can set it's working mode to boost and enable all of the supported experimental features. You can then hibernate things like the gallery, picasa uploader, sim toolkit, wallpaper gallery, YouTube and more.

Thanks for the reply. I've already tried the Synopsis Kernel, and I have about 100 - 120 MB of RAM free, so I don't think it is that. Trials Frontier can be downloaded from the Amazon store, but either doesn't start or runs with a really low frame rate.

I'm more than happy with the performance of the ROM from a system UI point of view, it made my phone feel like a new device.

Edited by mshaw213

I got it downloads but I've gave up on it. It seems impossible to get Trials Frontier to work because no matter what I do with the stock kernel installed it'll close (logs a memory related error). It's simply not designed for the Y300 and I'm surprised it'd run on an Android 4.4 ROM for that same reason.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest mshaw213

I got it downloads but I've gave up on it. It seems impossible to get Trials Frontier to work because no matter what I do with the stock kernel installed it'll close (logs a memory related error). It's simply not designed for the Y300 and I'm surprised it'd run on an Android 4.4 ROM for that same reason.

I've definitely had it working on AOSPA, and about 6 months ago it was working on Slimkat but with really poor performance (this was before they updated to the newer Adreno blobs). It was actually quite smooth and playable on AOSPA - there was slight lag (the seconds on the timer were slightly longer than normal seconds - there doesn't seem to be any frame skipping), but with the old Slimkat installation a second lasted about 2 - 3 real world seconds.

From a tweaking point of view, I always use Disable Service and Greenify to disable/hibernate the sane things so that should be reasonably consistent between the ROMs.

I might give AOSPA another go and see how it performs (or if it still works, they may have broken some thing in an update).

Guest mshaw213

I already had Slimkat 8.14 downloaded, so I used that. I installed the ROM, Amazon app store and then Trials Frontier. I didn't do any tweaking and it not only ran, but ran at a perfectly playable speed.

Boost mode puts the experimental features to use. It's the best Greenify option for performance and compatibility.

After enabling it I got a huge battery drain, and apps where closing by themself when it was enabled. Strange.

Can't say I've had that problem. Maybe you've tried to hibernate important system apps that keep trying to start, thus it's looping and draining battery.

I will try again then.

But this with app closing, that is because of that boost mode, idk why it closed my browser in the middle of using.

• 2 months later...
Guest fartfire

Really nice list of the games. I never knew there was Dead Space and Max Payne on it. Going to give them a try and I hope my Y300 can handle it :D. Btw, can anyone tell me if there is any advantage of using a different kernal? The only think I do is flash ROMS.

Guest greenalien

I have a few games: Carmageddon, Traffic racer and Hill climb racing all run nice, using AOSP mod.

Im tempted to try one of the Grand theft auto games but not sure which.