[ROM] B197 Ultra-light

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest fricy81

Using it since yesterday with nova launcher:

Awesome fast and smooth, memory management is much better then b196. Battery usage for the night (with wifi on, no sleep) was 0%, under load feels like other roms, maybe a little worse, some optimization could make it better. I experienced some status bar (or launcher?) crashes with b196 roms, but not with this one, everything is rock solid.

Highly recommended, imho best rom so far.

Edit: the dialer somehow died on me, so I'm back on b196 for now. Damn, I hope it's just something I shouldn't have installed. :(

Antutu scores:

b196:

multitask: 1605

dalvik: 760

cpu int: 696

cpu float: 433

ram op: 403

ram speed: 485

2d: 592

storage io: 552

dbase io: 540

b197:

multitask: 1372

dalvik:732

cpu int: 683

cpu float: 421

ram op: 377

ram speed: 515

2d: 607

storage io: 586

dbase io: 570

Despite these numbers b197 feels much faster. So much for benchmarks. :)

Edited by fricy81

Guest jackosterman
Working like a dream for me. I've been on battery for 7 hours of gentle use, only used 25%.
Just curious what the current benchmarks are-- any chance you could check your screen on time? Edited by jackosterman

Working like a dream for me. I've been on battery for 7 hours of gentle use, only used 25%.

Is this rom better than lunatic pandora 4.1(comparing to battery usage)???

Did you had any crashes???dialer???

Guest TangerineTractor
Is this rom better than lunatic pandora 4.1(comparing to battery usage)??? Did you had any crashes???dialer???
This (and the other 197 rom on here) is smoother and faster than lunatic. This seems better on Wi-Fi standby, hardly draws any power, but worse on 3g and in actual use, so it kind of averages out. I'd guess in heavy use lunatic would be better, but still early days to test. Lunatic seems a more level sort of drain, this is very up and down. Think maybe it's more the way it's reporting the battery level that the actual usage. Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest tomtruckie

This one is better than the stratoush one because it flashes better, gets a higher antutu score, and includes the FM radio and a clock.

Very smooth and responsive.

My only issue is that it doesn't always want to share our attach files in the normal way. I can work around this but it's not always convenient.

Guest lowsum

I thought it was excellent, but battery drain on 3g is too high, especially compared to lunatic Pandora 196.

Well, my phone is not activated yet so can't judge on that front....for now it act as a flashaholic toy ;)

Guest Sigray

Ultra light..a bit modded to Holo style/Google Android.

You can use the patch too to get the holo switches (thanks to SymAnd roms by SymAnd).

- 4.3 gallery and camera

- removed some more huawei stuffs

- replaced huawei browser

- replaced clock

- etc..

B197Ultra_Mod.zip

https://mega.co.nz/#!toYg1TYT!Z7rFORYQIWhOrPker6Rnnx4orv9SWDYfZMx0RvS9PuY

Toggles-Holo [symAnd].zip

https://mega.co.nz/#!84glhYDQ!YIMGzwvKhSD_qnA0unl7-T4no1ps-pF4_xq6daOyA1U

TIP: covert the launcher to user app to speed it up.

Edited by Sigray

I have a tip for all of you. installing the kernel Turner app from store and setting the value for the RAM on "aggressive" the phone becomes faster and I always 100 mb free with facebook, whats app, etc. .. open.

Guest TangerineTractor

Ultra light..a bit modded to Holo style/Google Android.

You can use the patch too to get the holo switches (thanks to SymAnd roms by SymAnd).

- 4.3 gallery and camera

- removed some more huawei stuffs

- replaced huawei browser

- replaced clock

- etc..

B197Ultra_Mod.zip

https://mega.co.nz/#!toYg1TYT!Z7rFORYQIWhOrPker6Rnnx4orv9SWDYfZMx0RvS9PuY

Toggles-Holo [symAnd].zip

https://mega.co.nz/#!84glhYDQ!YIMGzwvKhSD_qnA0unl7-T4no1ps-pF4_xq6daOyA1U

TIP: covert the launcher to user app to speed it up.

DOes it have any tweaks to improve battery over the original release?

DOes it have any tweaks to improve battery over the original release?

Nope. I think all battery "tweaks" are placebos in stock based roms. Anyway...you can edit your build.prop adding some "magic" (check xda or similar), maybe you'll notice some improvements. Less running stuffs in the background, better battery performance.

Edited by Sigray

Guest TangerineTractor

Nope. I think all battery "tweaks" are placebos in stock based roms. Anyway...you can edit your build.prop adding some "magic" (check xda or similar), maybe you'll notice some improvements. Less running stuffs in the background, better battery performance.

I disagree. Some roms have far better battery performance than others. Installing now anyway to try...

I disagree. Some roms have far better battery performance than others. Installing now anyway to try...

Those roms are lighter than others and based on a stable, moderate cpu setting with some extra build.prop line (kernel, android loggers off, etc).

Btw..if you getting gallery fc while editing, convert the gallery to user app too.

Edited by Sigray