[Kernel] CeXstel v0.62 (Y300/G510) [Stock/CM] [29/03/14]

Guest Ceastel

I got only 6000 but it didnt the test of 3d performance, it start but close faster without test, btw i think that the benchmark doesnt represent nothing...i can see that with the cexstel kernel the rom is more fast than the stock kernel..this is the important thing

Guest CrimsonCrap

Yes, I generally get a full day of medium to heavy use no problem, same as on stock kernel

Sorry to keep bothering but I was actually referring to screen time.I can't get past 3:30 hours of screen time with medium use after a day or so.How much do you get?

Guest pinky0978

Sorry to keep bothering but I was actually referring to screen time.I can't get past 3:30 hours of screen time with medium use after a day or so.How much do you get?

Just looked at my battery stats, my screen's been on for 1 hour 50 min, out of 6 hours 50 min on battery. My current battery level is 71%, so another 1h50m screen on should drop the battery by another 30% or so, still leaving 40% remaining. All this depends what you're doing when the screen is on though, watching videos or streaming will use more than simple web browsing obviously. My use today has been mostly web browsing using opera mini and uc browser, and i've been at home all day on wifi, so not using 3g at all really.

Guest CrimsonCrap

Just looked at my battery stats, my screen's been on for 1 hour 50 min, out of 6 hours 50 min on battery. My current battery level is 71%, so another 1h50m screen on should drop the battery by another 30% or so, still leaving 40% remaining. All this depends what you're doing when the screen is on though, watching videos or streaming will use more than simple web browsing obviously. My use today has been mostly web browsing using opera mini and uc browser, and i've been at home all day on wifi, so not using 3g at all really.

I mostly only use my phone for calls texts browsing etc.and I still get only 3 something hours of screentime with lowest brightness on WiFi. Maybe my battery is faulty?

Guest pinky0978

I mostly only use my phone for calls texts browsing etc.and I still get only 3 something hours of screentime with lowest brightness on WiFi. Maybe my battery is faulty?

Could be I suppose, but doubtful if it's a fairly new handset. More likely there's something running in the background that's causing the battery to drop when the phone's idle. There might be a battery app available that will give a breakdown of exactly where the power is going, but I don't know exactly which app that may be, maybe someone else on here may know more. Btw my screen is on full brightness.

Guest Ceastel

New Experimental version

What new?

-schedulers : Noop / deadline / cfq / roq / vr / sio

-underclock for battery save , possible to 65mhz (defualt minimal freq is 320mhz you can set 65mhz for example with trickster app)

-better cpu preformance when cpu overlocked

-new governor : smartassV2

-avs

Known bugs:

You can't change max freq form 1209mhz .

Guest Ducsidu

New Experimental version

What new?

-schedulers : Noop / deadline / cfq / roq / vr / sio

-underclock for battery save , possible to 65mhz (defualt minimal freq is 320mhz you can set 65mhz for example with trickster app)

-better cpu preformance when cpu overlocked

-new governor : smartassV2

-avs

Known bugs:

You can't change max freq form 1209mhz .

Why is it experimental? I'd like to try it, but I'm careful on this level of modding the phone, I don't want to brick it or anything.

Guest Ceastel

@Ducsidu

It experimental version  because on some device can work nice but on others device can give bootloop.

It shouldn't brick your phone.

@fonz

Problem with fake oc is partially fixed .

Edited by Ceastel

Guest CrimsonCrap

Could be I suppose, but doubtful if it's a fairly new handset. More likely there's something running in the background that's causing the battery to drop when the phone's idle. There might be a battery app available that will give a breakdown of exactly where the power is going, but I don't know exactly which app that may be, maybe someone else on here may know more. Btw my screen is on full brightness.

My phone is like 4-5 months old.I dropped it a few times and overcharged it a few extra 3-4 hours a few times. Could that have destroyed my battery?A faulty phone can't cause this right?

Guest ZolaIII

So if I understand well, this means approximately that AVS put differenet voltage to different cpu frequency?

Yes bat it must be correlated to current load usage state of CPU core to scale efficiency & we are mostly lacking this part for now!

It's possible to integrate in every kernel as a module bat it won't be integrated as main stream kernel part for at least one more year, it's still considered as experimental!

Real power aware CPU scheduler or governor if you prefer to call it so!