The y300 Notification LED why so tiny?

Guest Andy From Ireland

Guest Andy From Ireland

Hi - I just got meself a shiny Huawei Ascend Y300 and just wondering why the Notification/status LED at the top of the phone is so goddam tiny! - I suppose people who have it at their bedside cabinet at night like that idea but im in the camp of seeing if the led is lit if the phone is a bit away from me and that will be impossible because its so tiny. Is it because the LED behind the fascia is tiny or is it because the black etching behind the facia has only a little pin prick of an etching there so the LED becomes 'invisible' when not lit, because if it is I feel like taking the phone to bits one days and screatching a bit more black off to let more of the LED to shine through and make it bigger - what do you reckon? - just a tiny LED or is the black paint behind the facia hiding a lot of the LED light?

Guest big_bloke

Are you serious? What has the size of it got to do with anything? Surely the brightness of it determines if it can be seen or not? The mind boggles.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy From Ireland

I dont expect people to do something as drastic as I did, but last night I dismantled my Y300 and behind the screen where the notification light is positioned was a tiny piece of white plastic (most probably to 'diffuse' the light) well i removed that and very carefully 'etched' away a bit more of the black on the back of the screen where the LED notification light shines through and on putting it all back together am pretty sure now my notification light is now brighter on my Y300.

Guest TangerineTractor

Bizzare.

I use tasker to override system led notifications, and light flow to manage them exactly how I want. The size of the led it completely irrelevant - it's more than bright enough.

Guest Andy From Ireland

Bizzare.

I use tasker to override system led notifications, and light flow to manage them exactly how I want. The size of the led it completely irrelevant - it's more than bright enough.

Thats interesting - this tasker app does it alter the brightness of the soft keys at the bottom of the screen too, because im pretty sure they can go brighter. I am using a feature on gravitybox that can flash the soft-key backlights but they flash dimly and pretty sure they could go brighter.

Guest Voxpop2011

Are you serious? What has the size of it got to do with anything? Surely the brightness of it determines if it can be seen or not? The mind boggles.

There is no need to be so RUDE.  You knew what Andy meant, so shooting him down in flames isn't necessary.

@Andy, rather enterprising.  However, aren't you worried about devaluing a possible resale?