TWRP errno=22 Unable to create folder

Guest jdwis

It looks like I am just getting nothing but the errors and probs in last couple of days.

I got TWRP ver 2.6.3.0, everything was working fine until few days ago, just recently I tried taking backup and now its not doing it.

Ph- Huawei Y300 with "free your mind rom"

external sd card = 16gb

Earlier, before flashing the new ROM I did take the backup of Orig ROM and that was fine.

After flashing this new rom and installing few apps, now I am trying to take backup it gives following error.

In recovery, I tried changing location of taking backup for "internal" and "external" but error remains.

I also made sure that there is enough space in both cards "internal" & "external".

I also tried to take backup of just one of the partition of 20MB but that also does not work for any locations.

Though TWRP does and can copy the recovery log to internal & external cards.

The error is -

for internal card - -

I:Calculating backup details...
 * Total number of partitions to back up: 5
 * Total size of all data: 507MB
 * Available space: 1122MB

[bACKUP STARTED]
 * Backup Folder: /internal_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/087A4C963045/2013-10-11--08-39-11 FreeYourMind_v.1.4
/
E:Unable to create folder: /internal_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/087A4C963045/2013-10-11--08-39-11 FreeYourMind_v.1.4
  (errno=22)

I:Copying file /tmp/recovery.log to /internal_sd/recovery.log
Copied recovery log to /internal_sd.

changed location of storage to external-

I:Calculating backup details...
 * Total number of partitions to back up: 5
 * Total size of all data: 507MB
 * Available space: 8869MB

[bACKUP STARTED]
 * Backup Folder: /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/087A4C963045/2013-10-11--08-39-50 FreeYourMind_v.1.4
/
E:Unable to create folder: /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/087A4C963045/2013-10-11--08-39-50 FreeYourMind_v.1.4
  (errno=22)

p.s.

* I also flashed the recovery again but that didnt help as well.

In TWRP I just tried "advanced" - "Reload theme", the button flashes but clicking on the middle button which shows the executed details, it shows

E:Failed to load package.

What to do?

Edited by jdwis

Remove the spaces from your backup name, or better yet, just leave it with the default date.

I think it does solve the problem.

But I do have my earlier backups while I was testing other roms and that too have spaces and that did work as well.

Dont know why, but anyways, it seems your trick did the job.

You are a saver.

Cheers man, thanks.