[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Laximus
Guest cvele992

You can't change battery icon because in KK4.4 is no more a icon but something different (java applet) so at the moment you can not modify it, in the future may be

At the moment you can use this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.kroegerama.android4batpercent

but % is white too, so you can see it only when battery level is down

I flashed it about a hour ago via CWM. I used go backup to restore my apps and everythings works really fine! No problem at all so far. I was just wondering if there's a way to set sd card as primary...

Here is what Dazz told me in pm, so we will have to wait for nightlies...

Nope, I haven't forward ported that stuff. I'll have it done by the time I start the nightlies.

Guest davinci_19

hi,

i've tried the cm11-experminetal image

first calender wouldn't sync my date. so i installes my calender by play store and ... magic all my accounts sync, app uninstall, sync running.

second, browser a little bit laggy don't know why, incognito mode will kill browser

apps for massage backup do not bring back my massages

videorecording not running

background imagechoose show blank thumbnails

ahh jear i can print :) have to add a plugin for my printer but, print :)

h/w i've tryed mxplayer with a live stream, the app say h/w using.

end of all: a good image to know what the future ist bringing, --and -- there is a lot of space up to perfect :)

Guest Silencer96

Can't wait to get a whiff of KitKat. Granted, I'm not expecting much from the get-go, but hopefully it'll ameliorate over the course of the next couple of weeks. 

Thanks again, Dazzozzo!

Guest pablon86

Google experience performs pretty bad, and the default launcher is a bit terrible, so just get nova and enjoy the rest, which is pretty fast.

Also, what about notif bar transparency?

Edited by pablon86

Guest Laximus

thanks for the quick cm11 port to Dazzozo

I tried it, but I prefer cm10.2 at this moment

=)

but a very good start

Edited by Laximus

Would this benefit from its own thread? Would be good to have a "Working", "Not Working", "Changelog" type thing.

Either way, I'm flashing this on my spare Y300 later

Guest TeaTown

@pablon86

How is it bad? To me it seems to work faster than the old separate Google now app. Voice search and commands are way better and more responsive also, and the voice shortcut on the launcher is pretty fast (altho it can't be triggered by the "OK Google" phrase). That being said, Experience launcher is admittedly slower than Nova. Nova is way slick on this ROM, but I'm sticking with Experience launcher so I can train and personalize Google Now better :)

Edited by TeaTown

Google experience performs pretty bad, and the default launcher is a bit terrible, so just get nova and enjoy the rest, which is pretty fast.

Also, what about notif bar transparency?

Try in nova setting> look and feel.. Set the transparent bar..post if u can do that

Guest bogdanwp

Can't connect it to my computer, no USB mass storage option and stuff.

Can't wait for a stable one :D

It should work automatically by auto-installing the drivers and making 2 extra partitions 1 internal and 1 external. It doesn`t ask you anything.

Edited by bogdanwp

Guest Dazzozo

ART it's not working (with ALL devices) with some apps, like WhatsApp. The developers of these apps have to update their apps.

No they don't. ART needs to be developed further. The only case where a developer should update their app is if they're doing crazy Dalvik tricks at runtime. I honestly wish they didn't include ART in this release.

Edit: I've seen some mention of the transparent system UI, it's disabled because we can't render it efficiently and it really cripples UI performance.

Guest pablon86

No they don't. ART needs to be developed further. The only case where a developer should update their app is if they're doing crazy Dalvik tricks at runtime. I honestly wish they didn't include ART in this release.

Edit: I've seen some mention of the transparent system UI, it's disabled because we can't render it efficiently and it really cripples UI performance.

Really? Aww, I really wanted some of that. Anyway, I'm getting severely impressed by the performance. Apart from some anti-aliasing problem on the lockscreen, everything runs smooth as hell.

Also, I was very wrong on Google Experience. After a while it gets smoother, and is one of the most practical launchers i've ever had. The first screen being google now was a neat idea.

Edited by pablon86

Guest pablon86

is google now included or on play store

Err, in most phones with 4.1+ it's included. For some reason, I don't know if it was the PA Gapps I flashed or just the rom, but it includes gingerbread search app. You can install google now from the play store, yes, but to install Google Experience you need a specific apk of google search and the launcher apk.

Guest Dazzozo

Really? Aww, I really wanted some of that. Anyway, I'm getting severely impressed by the performance. Apart from some anti-aliasing problem on the lockscreen, everything runs smooth as hell.

Also, I was very wrong on Google Experience. After a while it gets smoother, and is one of the most practical launchers i've ever had. The first screen being google now was a neat idea.

Yeah I noticed the issues on the lockscreen, same as 4.2 and 4.3, easily fixed.

You can enable the transparency if you really really want - remove ro.config.low_ram from the build.prop. It'll run like crap though.