[RECOVERY] [ALL] [CWM] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 [CM] [Last updated: 21/12]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest THEpancakes

I have unlocked my phone's bootloader but not yet taken any other steps. Do I have to install TWRP and root the phone before installing CWM, or is there a way of getting CWM without passing through TWRP?

Thanks in advance  :)

Edited by THEpancakes

Guest TayoOnabule

I have unlocked my phone's bootloader but not yet taken any other steps. Do I have to install TWRP and root the phone before installing CWM, or is there a way of getting CWM without passing through TWRP?

Thanks in advance  :)

You have to flash a recovery with fastboot before you can start flashing through a recovery

Guest danny19901

Thanks in advance :)

There is a way you can flash cwm without TWRP but you would need a CWM.img to flash and you can use a fastboot tool to flash for you but I would recommend doing CWM flash through TWRP

Guest danny19901

Fix chargemode please :)

Chargemode I'm guessing this is dancing battery icon when charging when phone is fully off or completely dead if so try TWRP latest as it has EXT4 fix and I don't have issue with dancing battery

Chargemode I'm guessing this is dancing battery icon when charging when phone is fully off or completely dead if so try TWRP latest as it has EXT4 fix and I don't have issue with dancing battery

It is worst than that case,doesn't even enter dancing charge mode.if we connect it to charger after being off it will on and stuck at "huawei ascend" logo.

i'm now on TWRP and everything is perfect.

Guest danny19901

It is worst than that case,doesn't even enter dancing charge mode.if we connect it to charger after being off it will on and stuck at "huawei ascend" logo.

i'm now on TWRP and everything is perfect.

Oh OK I have only once had that issue but I thought it was dancing battery while charging as I had that a few times where battery symbol shows but while charging instead of staying in center of screen the battery goes left, right all the time while charging

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I know it is a supern00b question, but... I have CWM 6.0.3.5, I want to flash 6.0.4.4, I have to download the zip and flash it from recovery?

What is the usefulness of .img file?

Thank you and sorry for my n00bness :D

Daz,

I'm sorry to bother you..but with this recovery people are being unable to flash other ROMs. This recovery seems not backward compatible.

Flashing TWRP for others and CWM back is really mess...can you please make it compatible with other ROMs too :(