[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Krisoboe

HELP DISPLAY IN CYANOGENMOD VERSION 29/05/2014..... PHOTO IN MY DISPLAY IS EXTRA LARGE  :(  :(

Edited by Krisoboe

Guest j-beltran

HELP DISPLAY IN CYANOGENMOD VERSION 29/05/2014..... PHOTO IN MY DISPLAY IS EXTRA LARGE :( :(

Perhaps you need to wipe cache and dalvik cache. If it doesn't work try downloading the ROM again, it could be an unsuccessful download.

Guest SIMONPRO

Could you please be a little bit more specific and give links to download this stuff? Thanks

How do you say "My phone reboots every 30 seconds" in Swahili? :) Mine does.

"simu yangu inazima na kuwaka kila baada ya sekunde 30" 

Guest c3v90

@Dazz considering that CyanogenMod will not release anymore STABLE or CANDIDATE release, how much longer we'll go ahead with NIGHLTY instead of MONTHLY release?

Guest Kama86
A year from now if you come on this thread you will see the title "[4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [NIGHTLY BUILDS AVAILABLE]"
Try Slimkat
Edited by Kama86

Guest david-rf

I just wiped away Carbon and put on CM11 nightly 05/30 with Chil360 kernel and Dragon X normal swap. So far it's nice, decently smooth and without random reboots (I know they WILL occur, though).

Edited by david-rf

Guest c3v90

A year from now if you come on this thread you will see the title "[4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [NIGHTLY BUILDS AVAILABLE]"
Try Slimkat

so? what do you mean? CM10.2 by dazz was NIGHTLY then WEEKLY and now MONTHLY

Guest xals1997

so? what do you mean? CM10.2 by dazz was NIGHTLY then WEEKLY and now MONTHLY

It is only the updates.

Nightly = every night a update 

Weekle = every week

Monthly = every month

You will never see a stable version if Qualcomm don't release the Adreno 203 drivers for android 4.3+

Edited by xals1997

Guest spanitzer

It is only the updates.

Weekle = every week

Monthly = every month

You will never see a stable version if Qualcomm don't release the Adreno 203 drivers for android 2.3+

Qualcomm release Adreno 203 Driver for Android 4.2.2!!!

Guest Taiji2078

Qualcomm release Adreno 203 Driver for Android 4.2.2!!!

They already stated that Adreno 203 is dead for them and discontinued support. GJ Qualcomm. I will never buy their products again .. phone bought last year and they don't provide drivers ... even my lame webcam (4 years old) and has drivers for every operating system ... lazy Qualcomm arses

Guest c3v90

It is only the updates.

Weekle = every week

Monthly = every month

You will never see a stable version if Qualcomm don't release the Adreno 203 drivers for android 2.3+

neither CM 10.2 is really stable for our device but it has monthly release ... I never talked about stability of CyanogenMod for our smartphones, i only talked about release cicle in general (the stability of CyanogenMod in general)... I know about GPU driver... the fact that I never commented before does not mean I never read... peace out

Edited by c3v90

Guest spikypotato

Now I'm trying ART for like 10 hours now.. (ART?! ON THIS NIGHTLY ROM?!?! :blink:)

Yes, this ROM can use ART. I'm using CM11 build 29/5. Stock CM kernel. Interactive governor. Deadline I/O.

Here's the summary:
-It works. :D
-Apps and games loads kinda slow. It's different from what other people usually say about ART. (ART is faster than Dalvik bla bla bla)
-Some apps don't work. (All of devices have this problem.)

-Apps and games size gets bigger on ART.
-Battery life's a bit improved on ART. (maybe it's just my feelings/placebo)
-aaaaand....as usual, random reboots!

UPDATE: Reverted to Dalvik after 20 hours of using ART. Everything's normal now.

Edited by spikypotato

Guest j-beltran

Now I'm trying ART for like 10 hours now.. (ART?! ON THIS NIGHTLY ROM?!?! :blink:)

Yes, this ROM can use ART. I'm using CM11 build 29/5. Stock CM kernel. Interactive governor. Deadline I/O.

Here's the summary:

-It works. :D

-Apps and games loads kinda slow. It's different from what other people usually say about ART. (ART is faster than Dalvik bla bla bla)

-Some apps don't work. (All of devices have this problem.)

-Apps and games size gets bigger on ART.

-Battery life's a bit improved on ART. (maybe it's just my feelings/placebo)

-aaaaand....as usual, random reboots!

Yes, you're right. The most annoying part is the exaggerated weigth of the apps. With ART i have to uninstall several of the applications. With Dalvik i keep the same apps and have kind of 300 MB free. 

Guest Taiji2078

I gave up on CM 11.0. Too many bugs and I cannot install the latest kernel from chil360, to have my preferred CPU governor. For this I switched to SlimKat 5.4 for now. It works greatand it's fully stable & updated.

@peyotitot : my Huawei Y300 isn't my primary phone, so it doesn't have a SIM in it. On airplane mode, I need to recharge it every 5-6 days. I use it only for a browser game, Racing Live, that consume little to nothing battery. I have nothing else installed in my phone, so it stays 99% in deep sleep. My results are almost irrelevant for your question ... sorry.

post-1041123-0-82268200-1401607677_thumbpost-1041123-0-98226100-1401607684_thumb

... as you can see, it consumes about 20% / day. I had to reboot it once myself, so it lost the first (12 hours) of battery consume. No random reboots with SlimKat for me.

I hope it helps a bit :)

Edited by Taiji2078

Guest david-rf

My first impressions with CM 11 nigthly 05/30, Chill360 Kernel, Dragon X normal swap script:

• For the first time since I flashed a custom ROM on my Y300, I had no random reboots after 2 days of use (and counting). This never happened before with any nightly or any other ROM/kernel combination. With Carbon I had up to 4 random reboots every day. I still think random reboots WILL occur, but so far I'm very happy.
  • The battery usage is better than it was with the stock phone for the first time since I flashed a custom ROM. With Carbon the battery litteraly lasted HALF the time than it does now.
  • The phone is as smooth as it was with Carbon (the smoother ROM I tried), but every once in a while it freezes for a few seconds while multitasking. This doesn't happen often but it's a bit annoying.
  • Every stock Gapps I installed and every personal app i usually use works perfectly, and nothing ever crashed.

During the last 3 months I tried countless nightlies and ROM/kernel combinations, and this is the best by far. I suggest to give it a try if you're not satisfied of your Y300.

Edited by david-rf

Guest Domino2115
  • The phone is as smooth as it was with Carbon (the smoother ROM I tried), but every once in a while it freezes for a few seconds while multitasking. This doesn't happen often but it's a bit annoying.

​Thats because of swap, it also happend to me, I advice to delete swap it slow down phone for me.