[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest SentaiBrad

So can anyone tell me what the Huawei Ascend "H866C" would be? When I search this up I get Huawei Ascend Y, but that wouldn't be Y300 would it? This is from Net10 using Android 2.3.6. My rom is completely messed up, I can't run or install google play and most of my apps are broken (I tried using the method to trick your phone in to thinking part of your sd card was internal storage) and so everything has been messed up for a while. The alternative to installing a CFW would be to install stock, which I would be totally fine with but I can never find one. So... can anyone help me out?

Guest SaurabhRCk

though tonight's builds are failed, there was some pretty good changes!  :D  :D

===================================
Since Wed Dec 11 02:23:53 UTC 2013
===================================

* android
b617b06 4.4.1_r1 -> 4.4.2_r1

* bootable/recovery
11b8326 Don't return immediately from reboot commands.

* build
cc4ba96 Merge tag 'android-4.4.2_r1' into HEAD

* device/huawei/msm7x27a-common
d21a719 BoardConfigCommon: stop using the legacy OMX hacks
f98d4b7 patches: patch CM surfaceflinger/libgui instead

* frameworks/base
dbc0d78 Merge "Fix a bootloop problem when /data/system/usagestats/usage-history.xml is empty. This often occurs after an incomplete reboot/shutdown or battery pull." into cm-11.0
d5e28d3 core: added national roaming info for Free Mobile in France
7b480ca Merge "Parse UUID string with Long.parseLong" into cm-11.0
cfc233d Merge "fix for screenshot animation glitch in portrait" into cm-11.0

* frameworks/opt/telephony
d6127d0 Merge tag 'android-4.4.2_r1' into HEAD

* hardware/qcom/audio
bd829d5 hal: Fix issues with USB audio after disconnect

* packages/apps/Camera2
a9aaf19 Merge tag 'android-4.4.2_r1' into HEAD

* packages/apps/Mms
f394c1f Merge tag 'android-4.4.2_r1' into HEAD

* packages/apps/Settings
100dd82 Merge tag 'android-4.4.2_r1' into HEAD
7f1c553 settings: bring back volume key cursor control
369daf7 Merge "Settings: remove force overflow button" into cm-11.0
ad002fe Settings: remove force overflow button

* vendor/cm
3b2aa92 Merge "sepolicy: allow vold to mount fuse-based sdcard" into cm-11.0

Guest szekely

Dazzozo i had a problem, don't know if you know about it:

- i tried to clean dalvik cahe via latest CWM, it said that [E:]invalid path volume sd-ext,   the log error is  missing  devices/platforms/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host

- so i tried to reset the phone via the sdcard  dload/update file, but i got error 2/2  install fails , it unpacks but doesn't install the archive (tried all versions for my G510-0100  - B170, B171 )

it's not a big dissapointment for me becouse CWM or TVRP recovery vorks, so i can install any custom rom, and don't see nothing wrong with the phone, seems to work everything, but i think the partition tables are messed up.

i had installed before B171 and updated to B193,  then i tried CM11 ,  i used also the http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43470395 swapit tool and used as swap the external sd

thnx

Guest ZolaIII

@ Dazzazo

Don't you think you are doing a bit of a Sisyphus work with this? Oppo N1 just launched with CM 10.1 meaning nothing newer is really ready for real use.

What happened with ASOP 4.4?

Are there any plans from you're side to rebase kernel to 3.10? As this should be most beneficial.

I am only asking so don't get this to much seriously.

Edited by ZolaIII

Some more battery issues (same 'old' rom from 9.12):

post-1031330-0-30868000-1386842865_thumb

At the second half of the graph you can see a charge drain with an almost constant rate, which is, I suppose, caused by wifi (which I didn't a ctually used). At some point I've tried to disable wifi, but it didn't help (an it, as wee see, wasn't actually deactivated), connecting to a wifi network didn't work either.

Then I've rebooted the device and it helped.

Edited by invy

Guest Dazzozo

@ Dazzazo

Don't you think you are doing a bit of a Sisyphus work with this? Opoo N1 just launched with CM 10.1 meaning nothing newer is really ready for real use.

What...? If you don't think anything in KitKat is interesting to you, don't use it! N1 launched with 10.1 because it's stable.

What happened with ASOP 4.4?

I haven't started on it yet. I probably will soon. It will not take as long as some of you make out.

Are there any plans from you're side to rebase kernel to 3.10? As this should be most beneficial.

What evidence do you have to support that? Bug fixes are beneficial - rebasing the kernel which is more work than reward, is not.

I am only asking so don't get this to much seriously.

Would you rather me take it as a joke and not answer it at all? :P

Guest jermile02

Overall, yes. But if you turn on bt, it'll drain battery fast. (at least this is my issue with rom from 9.12.2013, I've described it above).

Today I'll try not to use bt, instead, I'll read more, use some internet/wifi.

For now: 40 minutes reading, some surfing resulted in 12% battery drain, which is pretty normal I think.

Display is set to auto-brightness setting. Internet via GPRS.ill tr

thank you..ill try flashing it..:DD

Guest ZolaIII

What...? If you don't think anything in KitKat is interesting to you, don't use it! N1 launched with 10.1 because it's stable.

I haven't started on it yet. I probably will soon.

What evidence do you have to support that? Bug fixes are beneficial - rebasing the kernel which is more work than reward, is not.

Would you rather me take it as a joke and not answer it at all? :P

I do see 4.4 as a major release & there are interesting & good new futures like unified messaging (for apps) ART that actually don't work at this moment & a new mainline kernel. Other things are less interesting.

I do think that new kernel base will be beneficial because it implements Neon hard isa & will speed up alu performance with using Neons up to 50% especially on cortex A5. Google did practice a lot with "experimental" kernels from 3.7 to 3.10 & they are making 3.10 as a long turn release & they have much reasons major ones are Neon isa & Arm v8 64 bit support in a long terms.

https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common/+refs

The 3.9 kernel did enter & is used in Suse enterprise Linux.

It's normal thing that some bugs & errors will happen at first bat this rebase should be most beneficial as a major one.

The CM11 officially is in alfa stages & ASOP is considered as final.

& you know that i meant don't get insulted!

Guest Dazzozo

I do think that new kernel base will be beneficial because it implements Neon hard isa & will speed up alu performance with using Neons up to 50% especially on cortex A5. Google did practice a lot with "experimental" kernels from 3.7 to 3.10 & they are making 3.10 as a long turn release & they have much reasons major ones are Neon isa & Arm v8 64 bit support in a long terms.

Yeah, and now consider the hardware we have and the lack of support going forward from Qualcomm / Code Aurora. It is not as simple as "just rebasing" the kernel when you have blobs interacting with the kernel (camera), and you need to update interfaces.

If you have any fun stuff that can be backported or cherry-picked, sure, but I'm not planning on rebasing. I don't think it's worth the effort.

The CM11 officially is in alfa stages & ASOP is considered as final.

I think it's obvious from the fact we've had 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 within a week that AOSP is not final.

I'm on Dazzozo's CM10.2 and in Cyanogenmod Updates I'm being offered CM11. I'll try it anyway after a ClockworkMod backup, but should it in theory work to just do in in-place upgrade?

Guest Dazzozo

I'm on Dazzozo's CM10.2 and in Cyanogenmod Updates I'm being offered CM11. I'll try it anyway after a ClockworkMod backup, but should it in theory work to just do in in-place upgrade?

In theory...

People have had trouble in practice, though.

Guest dmm1000

hi Dazzozo

great rom using it now - if it helps maybe you can include the very popular Ovivo mobile APN preset settings under mobile networks settings - when you get a chance - know you're busy ;)

Guest Dazzozo

hi Dazzozo

great rom using it now - if it helps maybe you can include the very popular Ovivo mobile APN preset settings under mobile networks settings - when you get a chance - know you're busy ;)

None of my business unfortunately. You need to get CM to do that.

Guest Dazzozo

Lol not started aosp but yet said he was working on it even before we even heard of cm 11

I didn't. I said I would do it. :)

Besides, I wasn't aware I was obliged to do anything... o_O

Guest fricy81

Enough with this CRAP!

Guys, seriously? First you demand CM11. Then you go around whining that a nightly version has bugs, and FIXITFIXITFIXIT! Then requesting ubuntu, ASOP, whatnot.

FIRST: Show some respect to the person who is working on developing a rom for you. Completely free of charge.

SECOND: Go harass Huawei with this kind of language. 

THIRD: Patience. Developing a stable rom takes time. It's not like CM11 is stable on other phones, and besides the ASOP/CM bugs the device's hardware bugs need to be hunted down too. And it's not an easy task given the support the chip's manufacturer provides to the community.

So: chill down, and wait. If you want stable, flash a stable rom. If you want CM11, live with the bugs. That simple.

But DON'T harass Daz. It won't get you anywhere pissing off the person who is working on something the manufacturer refuses to do. Or do you have a compelling reason to do so? Please share. :)