[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Krimzen

What in this ROM is unstable ???? 

I am using it for 6 months and everything is working fine..

If you are having problems then its because you are using some third party launcher which is using too much RAM and causing problems for you.

I am using google launcher and its perfect.

If you will PLAY GAMES that require 1 GB RAM or high graphics then its not the developers FAULT.

HARDWARE LIMITATIONS cannot be Overcome by software improvements..

Please DO NOT say that this ROM is unstable.

I HEREBY DECLARE that this ROM is VERY GOOD for daily use and IT IS VERY MUCH STABLE.

Please never post like this, I am NOT using a custom launcher, I am NOT running games at all, I am NOT doing anything that excedes my phones hardware capabilities!

Just because your model of phone, with whatever nightly build you have, with whatever GApps you have, with whatever kernel you are using; is stable, does NOT mean that it is 100% stable, that is extremely misleading and very ignorant to those having issues.

If you are not having an issue, either say something nice to the developers, don't say anything at all, or look at these poor folks with their unstable, randomly rebooting phones, and instead of telling them everything about it is stable, tell them about your phone and all of the things you do with it, whether or not you've tweaked it, if so what tweaks, and so on.

You can't come on to a forum, full of people with instability issues and tell them that this ROM is definitely stable, just because you have no issues, your ignorance upsets me...

Guest N00btime

In my opinion, if Dazz is not able to continue development of this ROM, he should mention it in the first post. 

This would kill a lot of rumors.

I'm happy with his work on the ROM until now, but he really should state his intentions.

Cheers. 

Guys, what should he develop? We have others who're developing Kernels and new ROMs.

About the "instability": We don't have hardware-blobs for >4.1 and because of that no hardware-acceleration for later Roms - Daz can't change that. We have FM on our CM11 - most others don't.

Issues are mostly caused by the changes, CM makes and not by Dazozzos changes. So don't blame him for not supporting or looking at issues, because he can't change problems he isn't responsible for and he is fixing problems which are caused by his modifications.

With hardware it's the same with every other unofficial CM - on some devices you can use drivers/sources/... from other devices with same hardware-pieces and newer software - but not on ours which was discussed often enough.

And everybody who's thinking that todays nightlys are hell-unstable and have a lot of random reboots - guys you haven't checked the first nightlys, they had a lots of random reboots, compared to them todays are stable. If you're having more than one reboot a day, you should check your apps and when you set up your CM - mostly a simple format of /system and an install of the newest Build will help (you won't loose any data if you're doing this except things you changed on /system).

When you flash it with a Full-Wipe infront and latest GApps and no other Mods, this CM11 is nearly stable (I'm not talking about battery-consumption!) but please remind everytime: It's unofficial with old Blobs and modded device-trees to make it working. We can be happy to have a 4.4 ROM (on whichs sources every other 4.4-Rom for our Y300 is based on).

Greetings, Shadowghost

Guest Cygnet's

Guys, what should he develop? We have others who're developing Kernels and new ROMs.

About the "instability": We don't have hardware-blobs for >4.1 and because of that no hardware-acceleration for later Roms - Daz can't change that. We have FM on our CM11 - most others don't.

Issues are mostly caused by the changes, CM makes and not by Dazozzos changes. So don't blame him for not supporting or looking at issues, because he can't change problems he isn't responsible for and he is fixing problems which are caused by his modifications.

With hardware it's the same with every other unofficial CM - on some devices you can use drivers/sources/... from other devices with same hardware-pieces and newer software - but not on ours which was discussed often enough.

And everybody who's thinking that todays nightlys are hell-unstable and have a lot of random reboots - guys you haven't checked the first nightlys, they had a lots of random reboots, compared to them todays are stable. If you're having more than one reboot a day, you should check your apps and when you set up your CM - mostly a simple format of /system and an install of the newest Build will help (you won't loose any data if you're doing this except things you changed on /system).

When you flash it with a Full-Wipe infront and latest GApps and no other Mods, this CM11 is nearly stable (I'm not talking about battery-consumption!) but please remind everytime: It's unofficial with old Blobs and modded device-trees to make it working. We can be happy to have a 4.4 ROM (on whichs sources every other 4.4-Rom for our Y300 is based on).

Greetings, Shadowghost

I like your post, I hope everyone gets it.

Guest fonz93

Every update already does a format /system, check the updater-script.. it only preserves what you included in the addon folder in /system (generally the Gapps)

Edited by fonz93

Guest PhilRandal

Every update already does a format /system, check the updater-script.. it only preserves what you included in the addon folder in /system (generally the Gapps)

So a format of /system first wipes the addon folder too.  So there's a difference :-)

Guest commandline1984

Greetings, Shadowghost

Your post speaks the truth. But:

Why are devs reaching so high?

It would be more realistic to make a stable cm10. why even try 4.4 if it can never be really complete?

Guest soulhand

Why are devs reaching so high?

It would be more realistic to make a stable cm10. why even try 4.4 if it can never be really complete?

Because it's fun trying?  They're not getting paid to do this (except the beer-money donations that a few of us make). They can do what the heck they like, and it's more fun playing with the bleeding edge.

Guest j-beltran

There are some problems with the Setting. When I click in Apps it takes too long to read the size of apps and when it does I can't delete the cache of them. :(

Guest commandline1984

Because it's fun trying?  They're not getting paid to do this (except the beer-money donations that a few of us make). They can do what the heck they like, and it's more fun playing with the bleeding edge.

Exactly! Its fun. But too many people in this sub take it for serious work.

This Rom is like "Why does a dog lick its balls? Because he can". Its a proof of concept. Nothing more.

But here are quite some people with little to none knowledge about programming and/or versioning so they take it for a serious project. Thats wrong.

Guest internectual

Anyone else unable to use the speakerphone during a call? I know the speaker works because I can play through it using Netflix or U-Verse, but if I try to use speakerphone during a call I hear nothing.

Guest TheHindu

Please never post like this, I am NOT using a custom launcher, I am NOT running games at all, I am NOT doing anything that excedes my phones hardware capabilities!

Just because your model of phone, with whatever nightly build you have, with whatever GApps you have, with whatever kernel you are using; is stable, does NOT mean that it is 100% stable, that is extremely misleading and very ignorant to those having issues.

If you are not having an issue, either say something nice to the developers, don't say anything at all, or look at these poor folks with their unstable, randomly rebooting phones, and instead of telling them everything about it is stable, tell them about your phone and all of the things you do with it, whether or not you've tweaked it, if so what tweaks, and so on.

You can't come on to a forum, full of people with instability issues and tell them that this ROM is definitely stable, just because you have no issues, your ignorance upsets me...

Having no isuues is not Ignorance. Its the ability to simply overcome them.

I did not come to this forum recently. I have been here from 

[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]
Started by DazzozoOct 20 2013 08:50 AM

And it upsets me when people point out fingers at developers and complain about each and every problem without first giving enough time and effort in trying to solve the problem they are facing. 

Daz left because people complained and kept complaining. And demotivated him.
We lost a good developer just because we did not appreciate his hard work.
Edited by TheHindu

Guest TheHindu

First off: Not everything is working fine. Read the forums.

Second: I didnt use 3rd party launchers and i dont game. Dont assume, ask!

third: You declare? Are you the developer? Are you experienced in QA? Do you have a clue about ROM development? You declare nothing here. Dazzoo declares. Or are you the official Spokesperson?

You say this rom is beta and not stable. Then you say its stable for daily use.... Get it straight man.

And beta also means that there are relase critical bugs. An RC would be the closest thing to a stable version.

Your definition of Stable is wrong. A Stable piece of software can of course be improved. Stable doesnt mean finished.

Your personal experience with something doesnt make it the same for everybody.

PS: My wifes Galaxy S4 mini got Android 4.4.4 Cyanogenmod (Official).

BTW: you use the "google launcher"? So you use a 3rd Party Launcher yourself? Because CMs Launcher is called trebuchet.

*Somethingwritteningreenwithyellinginit*

Google Launcher is the primary launcher to/for Android or Should I say the Official Launcher.

You can debate that trebuchet is the primary launcher for CM. But CM is not a completely different operating system. It is in fact an improvised if not highly customized version of Vanilla Android. Moreover it is the closest customized android which we can relate to Vanilla Android, if you were to compare it with others on the market. 

So its relative to users which launcher they perceive as official launcher or not as a third party launcher.

Secondly If you have the right to share your troubles as a co-user of this particular ROM so I have the same right to share my good experience of "Stable" use.

Thirdly My whole point of argument was that The Word Stable should not be taken as definitive. If you can use it without any troubles or you can learn to use it without experimenting too much and then complaining (dont take it personally i am talking about all users as a whole) then you regard the product as stable.

Fourthly Google Play Edition devices are known for their speed and Stability. The are packed with Vanilla Android and Latest GApps. (Including Google Launcher)

Fifthly If you stop complaining and start solving 99% of your issues will be solved. Because I have solved them. Though there weren't many as i followed all instructions properly from the start.

Lastly   If your wife has S4 mini I congratulate her and you and I Hope someday you may also buy One.

Edited by TheHindu

Is there an solution to show full pictures? I use already opera browser. That's working. But in the email app and other apps pictures aren't show full.

Guest commandline1984

Google Launcher is the primary launcher to/for Android or Should I say the Official Launcher.

You can debate that trebuchet is the primary launcher for CM. But CM is not a completely different operating system. It is in fact an improvised if not highly customized version of Vanilla Android. Moreover it is the closest customized android which we can relate to Vanilla Android, if you were to compare it with others on the market. 

So its relative to users which launcher they perceive as official launcher or not as a third party launcher.

Secondly If you have the right to share your troubles as a co-user of this particular ROM so I have the same right to share my good experience of "Stable" use.

Thirdly My whole point of argument was that The Word Stable should not be taken as definitive. If you can use it without any troubles or you can learn to use it without experimenting too much and then complaining (dont take it personally i am talking about all users as a whole) then you regard the product as stable.

Fourthly Google Play Edition devices are known for their speed and Stability. The are packed with Vanilla Android and Latest GApps. (Including Google Launcher)

Fifthly If you stop complaining and start solving 99% of your issues will be solved. Because I have solved them. Though there weren't many as i followed all instructions properly from the start.

Lastly   If your wife has S4 mini I congratulate her and you and I Hope someday you may also buy One.

I really lol'd at your "Google Launcher" explaination.

First highlight: You didnt share your experiences, you declared this rom Stable. Huge difference (and quite stupid to declare something on something that isnt even your work)

Second: Looking forward to your contributions to github then. Or at least tell all the good folks how you fixed the random reboots (not with a custom kernel of course since this rom is "stable" for you as it is).

And: Dont take me (or anyone else here) for stupid. I know how to install roms. You seem to think everybody is stupid who got problems with the CM11 rom. Not everything ist fixed with wiping (except on the toilet. There it fixes everything).

PS: I had a LG gt540 one time. the situation with the g540 back then is similar to the y300/g510 situation now. People start things. Big things. Then they hit barriers that cant be overcome or they simply moved to another device. Or why do you think dazzo didnt fork the M8 and made something close to stable for our device?

Because there is no point in beating a dead horse.

Edited by commandline1984

Guest commandline1984

Is there an solution to show full pictures? I use already opera browser. That's working. But in the email app and other apps pictures aren't show full.

TheHindu will for sure post a solution soon. He fixed quite a lot of Bugs it seems :D

Guest racky29

I think we should all start posting some info, to see if there's something that's related to the reboot issues and other probs people are having

1. Do you have random reboots y/n (NO)

2. What recovery and recovery version (TWRP.2.7.0.2)

3. What kernel, chill, synopsis or dazz, (DAZ.3.4.0)

4. Gapps versions (pa-mini-modular)

5. What ROM build (12-july-2014-nightly)

6. Any scripts or others (none)

7. Model of phone (Y300-0100)

I have no reboots or force close, everything works

let's stop the bickering and see if we can find out what's going on.

Guest xals1997

1. I don't have random reboots (since 5 july when I updated) before, between the 19 june and 5 july no reboots too) So for me, random reboots not exist. 

2. TWRP 2.7.1.0

3. Chil360 v.44

4. pa-mini-modular

5. 5-july-2014-nightly

6. No scrips.

7. Y300-0100

And (I should add):

8. Processor: 

Governor: ONDEMAND

Minimum CPU frequency: 196 mHz

Maximum CPU frequency: 1046 MHz

9: I/O scheduler: NOOP

10. Memory management:

Allow purging of assets actived.

KSM actived

11. 16bit transparency : YES

12. Force high-end graphics: YES

I have no reboot, no force close and everything is working OK (except some 3d games because of the 3d drivers).

Who have random reboots, try to backup your rom and install cm11 again with all the wipes and with the same configuration as people without random reboots. 

Guest Chris 91

It may sound stupid, but I'm not sure it even is the ROM's, this is because both me and my partner have the same phone (y300-0100) and I set both phones up, put chils360 kernel on with twrp 2.7.0.2, mini gapps, and did nothing else, this was the exact same with the exact same process for both phones, my partner had so many reboots the phone became unusable and so put back to stock ROM, whereas I haven't had a single reboot for over a month, I'm sure it must have something to do with play store apps installed on each phone or just each phone not reacting to a custom ROM the same way, it seems a lot do the same thing every time with different outcomes, I'm no expert so I can't say that's fact but from my experience that's my opinion :)

Guest xals1997

It may sound stupid, but I'm not sure it even is the ROM's, this is because both me and my partner have the same phone (y300-0100) and I set both phones up, put chils360 kernel on with twrp 2.7.0.2, mini gapps, and did nothing else, this was the exact same with the exact same process for both phones, my partner had so many reboots the phone became unusable and so put back to stock ROM, whereas I haven't had a single reboot for over a month, I'm sure it must have something to do with play store apps installed on each phone or just each phone not reacting to a custom ROM the same way, it seems a lot do the same thing every time with different outcomes, I'm no expert so I can't say that's fact but from my experience that's my opinion :)

Yes, maybe people with reboots is because an app.

Guest commandline1984

I had reboots on stock (without any apps) too. I think maybe the vendor of the flashchip might vary. Its not uncommon that certain parts vary because of different availabilities or simply because the batch was cheaper to get.

Plus I for one do not use the google play store. I use the f-droid repo. its by far not as invasive as the google play store (the fdroid repo got no dependencies).

Guest Chris 91

Yeah sure its something to do with the phone itself, you shouldn't be able to do the exact same process with totally different outcomes on identical devices......

Guest j-beltran

Do you mean the bad quality of images on chrome? I don't understand you very well. If it is that, I could fix the bad quality of images on chrome. What you have to do is download an old version of Google Chrome. Not very old, I mean, try to find the v31 or v32 of it. Then open it and go to any webpage. Once you've done that update it by Play Store and the quality of images will be highly improve. At least that is what I do with my G510.

I hope it be your problem. If it isn't this information may be useful for anyone. :)

Edited by j-beltran