[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest spanitzer

Hello, its been a long time. :o Hopefully you won't throw stones at me. :(

I guess I should start at the beginning: I'm sorry for disappearing in the way that I did, it probably led to a bunch of complaints and drama but I have no idea. I had a bit of a crisis and just had to get out of everything, so I didn't really enjoy it either. :P

The changes to the Jenkins/GetCM URLs I see being discussed are really just cosmetic - "thebronasium.com" refers to something that's long since dead and not relevant to what it was actually hosting in the last year or so. I don't think I broke any update flow in that change, GetCM will continue to serve on the old URL, and I have the domain for at least a year before a decision needs to be made on whether I drop it - hopefully long after anyone is using a build with the old URL baked in to the CMUpdater app. Speaking of GetCM, I'm going to have to clean out a bunch of old builds sometime soon, because 4*200MB every day adds up, and it was a pain when I moved server in May.

Going forward, I don't really know what the plan is. Since January I've been maintaining the builds and nothing more. I have no idea if any bugs have popped up since then that need addressing. Looking further forward than that, L is obviously no more than a few months off from release and you can have a decent idea of the shape that it's taking if you know where to look. I have a feeling our "lazy" strategy with the kernel probably won't suffice for much longer (we're basically using a kernel that targets Android 4.1 on 4.4) and given that it's a major release, it might be the death of a few chipsets and I imagine more people than usual will probably not bother with it. Other than that, I'm going to pick up a few other projects unrelated to Android, as I really ought/want/need to. I want to learn something and break things again. :D

Yeah!

Welcome back Dazzozo [emoji7]

Guest PhilRandal

I have no idea if any bugs have popped up since then that need addressing. Looking further forward than that, L is obviously no more than a few months off from release and you can have a decent idea of the shape that it's taking if you know where to look. I have a feeling our "lazy" strategy with the kernel probably won't suffice for much longer (we're basically using a kernel that targets Android 4.1 on 4.4) and given that it's a major release, it might be the death of a few chipsets and I imagine more people than usual will probably not bother with it.

Most commonly reported bugs are Farcebook videos crashing and blobs in images in Browser, IIRC

Guest SH3H1

Oh boy..didn't sleep well yesterday...i am seeing Daz's post :lol:

Man we all really miss ya :wub:

We already have a dead project of firefox,you may begin with that...someone had success in porting adreno 2xx drivers from S3? Or anyway to make the kitkat smooth? :D

It's my best day this month :P

Welcome back..,love ya

Guest commandline1984

Most commonly reported bugs are Farcebook videos crashing and blobs in images in Browser, IIRC

logcat or it didnt happen :D

Guest PhilRandal

logcat or it didnt happen :D

Very helpful, not!

A handy tutorial (or link to same) on how and what to logcat, and to where would be more helpful than your simple edict.

Guest luca020400

Enable adb and connect the phone to PC

Now run cmd and execute these command :

adb logcat -f log.txt

You ne ed to have adb and adb driver installed

Guest ProHunter

Nice to have you back Dazz :D

I must ask you two questions:

Do you have plans about android L when "Final" version arrives?It would be great!

Can you fix FM radio volume with headphones (cant change volume),on speaker it's working fine?I think it's pretty simple job for you.

Guest Dazzozo

Nice to have you back Dazz :D

I must ask you two questions:

Do you have plans about android L when "Final" version arrives?It would be great!

I'll definitely look in to it, I can't say much more than that.

Can you fix FM radio volume with headphones (cant change volume),on speaker it's working fine?I think it's pretty simple job for you.

Has it always been broken?

Guest commandline1984

Very helpful, not!

A handy tutorial (or link to same) on how and what to logcat, and to where would be more helpful than your simple edict.

This here is the Development Section for the Y300/G510. I have this strange feeling that people that post in a Development Section should be able to pull a logcat (or google for the Procedure).

So, let me take your Hand and help you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+pull+a+logcat+android

Should i fill your Sippycup too? :D

Guest Kiodo1981

Hi, 3G calling has a problem.

I can received incoming calls and I can answer but I can't call.

In 2G everithing works fine.

Guest pbr1111

I'll definitely look in to it, I can't say much more than that.

Has it always been broken?

Yes, all the CM ROMs for y300/g510 have the same problem.

Guest wbrambley

For me 3G is fine (NZ), 2G sometimes won't sent text messages so I leave it on 3G all the time and no issues. Good to see you back Daz.

Guest pbr1111

Yes, all the CM ROMs for y300/g510 have the same problem.

Oh wait, the problem is the volume changer, it doesn't change the volume, always is the same.

Guest luca020400

For me work fine 3g ( Vodafone it) Edited by luca020400

Guest j-beltran

Now I feel bad. :( I have sold my G510 and just realized that Dazz was back. I have now a Moto G.

Anyway I think that the main problems that I had with my G510 are:

* problems with VoIP calls

* videos on Facebook

* and volume on radio (but no very annoying as the others)

And Welcome back Dazzozo!

Guest spanitzer

Man we all really miss you!...someone had success in porting adreno 2xx drivers from S3? Or anyway to make the kitkat smooth? :D

+1 [emoji4]