[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest nirmalbalaji

Enabling transparent status bar eats RAM indeed! ~5MB. Also, the launcher becomes sluggish but maybe that's just placebo.

5 MB is a huge concern? What about Nova and Google Experience Launcher?

Guest rafxrolo

Sorry for reposting, but anyone got the "OK Google now" function to work or knows how to activate it? My mic icon is always hollow. I am using english US language.

Guest tomjanda

Hello,

I upgraded from Dazoo's CM10.2 to CM11, using CWM recovery 6044. I just upgraded, no wipeouts, formats, etc.

I have a problem, which was probably reported (i went through forum quickly) - I can't install some apps from Playstore, no apps move to SD card and run widgetlocker (it always opens Playstore instead of app). I also noticed some problems, when I use Total CMD to copy files from SD card to internal SD card.

I dont know, if I should just wait for future versions or I messed up somehow the upgrade.

Even though CM11 works nice, thx for good job. I will donate to support development.

Thx for advice,

Tom

Guest TheKisama

5 MB is a huge concern? What about Nova and Google Experience Launcher?

I was NOT complaining? I mentioned 'indeed' because this was already noted by Dazzozo :p

Anyway, 5 MB may not be a "huge concern" but it still make the launcher sluggish and S#%T. (Although it's not THAT noticeable.)

Guest 390Charger

Sorry for reposting, but anyone got the "OK Google now" function to work or knows how to activate it? My mic icon is always hollow. I am using english US language.

I read that this only works with the google experience launcher. I tried it too WITH G.E.L but it does not work. I flashed the FULL MODULAR PACKAGE Gapps. So it would be interesting to know how to get ok google voice commands working.

Can u tell me please if external SD as primary storage works fine?

Works for me.

Edited by 390Charger

Guest nirmalbalaji

I was NOT complaining? I mentioned 'indeed' because this was already noted by Dazzozo :P

Anyway, 5 MB may not be a "huge concern" but it still make the launcher sluggish and S#%T. (Although it's not THAT noticeable.)

You still didn't said which launcher you are using. :unsure:

Which google apps have you installed?

Guest pablon86

I find that overall this rom is a bit slower than stock-based rom, in opening apps, and such. And it indeed is a bit sluggish on GUI performance. Been a week with B199 Rom and just installed latest nigthly and the performance is noticeable. Anyway it's a minor thing and shouldn't bother daz, but I think this phone is reaching it's top capabilities with 4.4 .

Edited by pablon86

Guest nirmalbalaji

I find that overall this rom is a bit slower than stock-based rom, in opening apps, and such. And it indeed is a bit sluggish on GUI performance. Been a week with B199 Rom and just installed latest nigthly and the performance is noticeable. Anyway it's a minor thing and shouldn't bother daz, but I think this phone is reaching it's top capabilities with 4.4 .

I have to agree with this. Most of the time phone reboots when I try to play games. Its surely not anything to do with memory as people assuming it is because of lack of RAM. Frontline Commando never crashed or reboots my phone with Stock ROM. But in CM 11 it does not allow me to play at all. If often crashes or reboots and sometimes even shows green bars and colour seperation.

As I said earlier I was testing the games in CM 11 that I was played in Stock ROM. My brother has Y300 too (Stock ROM) which is helpful for me to compare it side by side.

Edited by nirmalbalaji

Guest pablon86

I have to agree with this. Most of the time phone reboots when I try to play games. Its surely not anything to do with memory as people assuming it is because of lack of RAM. Frontline Commando never crashed or reboots my phone with Stock ROM. But in CM 11 it does not allow me to play at all. If often crashes or reboots and sometimes even shows green bars and colour seperation.

As I said earlier I was testing the games in CM 11 that I was played in Stock ROM. My brother has Y300 too (Stock ROM) which is helpful for me to compare it side by side.

You're right about that RAM lack thing. People think that more free ram is better. What's actually better is more ram being used by programs to make them faster.

Guest TheKisama

You still didn't said which launcher you are using. :unsure:

Launcher3 brother :) I might try Nova...but I like it when it's all "stock" and stuff, 3rd-party launchers are meh. It kinda makes it a "wanna-be kitkat ROM" lol 

I know this sounds stupid :p but that's how I like it teehee

Edited by TheKisama

Guest pablon86

Launcher3 brother :) I might try Nova...but I like it when it's all "stock" and stuff, 3rd-party launchers are meh. It kinda makes it a "wanna-be kitkat ROM" lol 

I know this sounds stupid :P but that's how I like it teehee

Actually, the most stock experience and smoother than launcher3 is Google Launcher that comes with the full package of gapps. Maybe you could try that.

Guest TheKisama

Actually, the most stock experience and smoother than launcher3 is Google Launcher that comes with the full package of gapps. Maybe you could try that.

hmm...now this is interesting! downloading gapps right now.( I was using ps_gapps stripped before) Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by TheKisama

Guest TyphoonSco

Issues:

• New WebView often hangs for a while when loading a page - this is a widespread issue for many "legacy" devices
  • Wi-Fi hotspot is probably broken

Although Wifi Tethering is broken, I confirm that Bluetooth Tethering works and it works just as good. I hope this helps everyone and good work Dazzozo, I wish I could do exactly the kind of magic you do.

Guest reedo_17

Also does anyone know why in status in about phone does it say my phone number is unknown eventhough all my phone functionality is working due to me adding a APN for OVIVO