[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest luca020400

The kernel works in every rom but the ram disk is ROM specific

The kernel is named zImage and the ramdisk contain it

Edited by luca020400

Guest feligoni

Hi there! I'm literally new to the android world. I had until a week ago an iPhone 4s, but i was tired of it. I got a new phone coming in a few weeks. On the meantime i borrowed this Huawei Y300 0151 from a friend. Its on stock firmware and its waaaay to slow. I have downloaded all the files needed, i think. I asked the code to unlock bootloader to huawei through email and im waiting for it. The thing here is, i dont want to brick the device because its not mine and i want to know if someone could guide me through the process of installing CM 11 on this phone. I've seen some tutorials but they are not good. The dont explain really well. Well thats it! I hope you can help me with this. Thx a lot

Hi there! I'm literally new to the android world. I had until a week ago an iPhone 4s.

If you come from an iPhone 4s this phone is not for you, i am not kidding.

As i said, its a borrowed phone, waiting for a Moto G 2014. I want to learn how to do this so i can then do it on the Moto G

Unlocking bootloader and installing custom recovery/firmware is different for each/phone manufacturer, is not sure that you learn how to do it on this phone will be the same on Moto G 2014

Guest xals1997

As i said, its a borrowed phone, waiting for a Moto G 2014. I want to learn how to do this so i can then do it on the Moto G

Each phone is different. Doesn't matter what you do with Y300, because it will be totally diferent on other phones. If I were you, I would wait for the moto G.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Its ok to wipe current cm 11 and install that one directly?

yes made all wipe in recovery (not wipe SD card with the rom zip) and then install the zip

Guest IvaneiroX

i have this rom installed but everytime i try to install another nightly the phone restart before installing and it will not update.

what can i do?

Guest xals1997

i have this rom installed but everytime i try to install another nightly the phone restart before installing and it will not update.

what can i do?

Download the rom and install the rom with the TWRP recovery

Guest IvaneiroX

Download the rom and install the rom with the TWRP recovery

thats what im doing but it keeps restarting before it even finish the installation and takes me to my phone but with the same old nightly

Edit: i also tried other nightlies but keeps happening

Edited by IvaneiroX

Guest xals1997

thats what im doing but it keeps restarting before it even finish the installation and takes me to my phone but with the same old nightly

Edit: i also tried other nightlies but keeps happening

TWRP restarts? That's strange :O

Guest Arbab Irfan

i know :l any idea what can i do to fix this?

Try to flash again the lastest version of TWRP 2.8.0.1

I have been through this twice, I just restore, old Backup (Original Huawei OS) by CMW recovery, then installed fresh CM11. then it worked for my I rasie question for this problem 2 time, 16-aug-2014 Nightly then  10-oct, and now I am facing this issue with 16-10-2014 nightly, I just dont wana loss user data ,... :-( again and again... 

TWRP is not solution..

Guest xals1997

I have been through this twice, I just restore, old Backup (Original Huawei OS) by CMW recovery, then installed fresh CM11. then it worked for my I rasie question for this problem 2 time, 16-aug-2014 Nightly then  10-oct, and now I am facing this issue with 16-10-2014 nightly, I just dont wana loss user data ,... :-( again and again... 

TWRP is not solution..

What about doing a system wipe (without wipe data) and then installing the ROM, everything with TWRP?

If you wipe system and then install the new nightly is impossible to have the old nightly because you have just wipe system... so there's nothing on that partition.

If you don't wipe data (only wipe system, dalvik cache and cache) and then you install the new nightly you are not going to lose your user data.

Edited by xals1997