[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest TeaTown

To end speculations, the "low ram" parameter being set to true by default in "build.prop" cripples memory/process heavy features such as hotkey detection for Google Now (OK Google), taskbar transparency (in lockscreen and compatible launchers), and the widget pager (ability to add widgets to the lockscreen). Dazzozo probably did this so that people won't go complaining pointlessly about lag and such. Setting the parameter to "low ram=false" allows those features to be activated at the risk of slower/choppy operation in low-end devices such as ours.

Despite this, setting it to "false" seems to have no huge negative effect on my phone's performance (especially with Greenify) and so I keep it at that. I hope this helps :)

Guest Aeriksen

i try to change the line. but in es file explorer i cant save. in root toolbox it change the line, but after a reboot it is back to normal. what to to?

and yes i have giving them superuser acess

Edited by Aeriksen

Guest jimwormold

So anyone noticed a speed up in the ui? I will be trying it later but just wondering. :-)

I think the play music app may have caused the phone to reboot even quicker than usual!  :P

Edit: Just realised that may have sounded ungrateful - this is my daily rom, and it works very well (with the known limitations). It is always very fluid on my G510, and I haven't noticed any particular speed-up this morning with the latest nightly

Edited by jimwormold

Guest Dazzozo

I'll try the low ram flag again but it crippled the device in testing (in early days of 4.4).

can't feel any differense.

Night and day for me. Used to feel like it was dropping frames before. Makes sense because something was actually not implemented before. Maybe that bothers me more than it bothers other people.

Can you explain it little bit more and what are the issues thats hoding it? I already sensed it yesterday that it can not be fixed and probably the main bug which will remain un-fixed in CM11. And hearing the confirmation from you is somewhat sorrow feeling. :o

What are the chances in CM 10.2? I don't have any idea about it though.

Sure, it's going to be a bit of a living post though, so it might take a while. :P

Guest Aeriksen

Night and day for me. Used to feel like it was dropping frames before. Makes sense because something was actually not implemented before. Maybe that bothers me more than it bothers other people.

Maybe your right. I know it from my self. When I have made something my self i see the lack and other not perfections, as other not see. 

But the old nightly was also really fast for me, so i did'nt need more speed, that may be the reason why I dont feel it :)

I like the rom, and it is my daily driver on two phones :) 

Guest Dazzozo

Maybe your right. I know it from my self. When I have made something my self i see the lack and other not perfections, as other not see. 

But the old nightly was also really fast for me, so i did'nt need more speed, that may be the reason why I dont feel it :)

I like the rom, and it is my daily driver on two phones :)

It's entirely a GPU thing. It isn't going to speed up the number crunching but it'll make it look prettier while it does it.

If you have animations turned off you probably won't see much of that change.

Guest Aeriksen

It's entirely a GPU thing. It isn't going to speed up the number crunching but it'll make it look prettier while it does it.

If you have animations turned off you probably won't see much of that change.

ahh that must be it. I thought it was all over the speed was turned up. 

Guest SumitGill1

Hiya plz help!!!! i've flashed this cm 11nightly 15/12/13 on my huawei Y300 and after flashing i cant move apps 2sd :( plzz help me out :( ..... Thanx in advance.

Guest TheKisama

Hiya plz help!!!! i've flashed this cm 11nightly 15/12/13 on my huawei Y300 and after flashing i cant move apps 2sd :( plzz help me out :( ..... Thanx in advance.

Flash the latest nightly, 12/16/2013!

Guest PrinceEndymion88

@Dazzozo we have some problems with an italian operator: Wind Telecomunicazioni... the operator code is: 222 88

Sometime the sim is unreadable and we have to reinstall the rom to read the sim... only with this operator. What could be the problem?

Guest lordfarhan40

@Dazzozo we have some problems with an italian operator: Wind Telecomunicazioni... the operator code is: 222 88

Sometime the sim is unreadable and we have to reinstall the rom to read the sim... only with this operator. What could be the problem?

Hey same is the problem with me. I am also using G330. For me the problem appears(50% of times) when i turn of the phone. So for me the solution is.. keep this bitch running :D

Edit:Sorry forgot to mention, But I am from India and I use a different operator than yours.

Edited by lordfarhan40

Guest PrinceEndymion88

Hey same is the problem with me. I am also using G330. For me the problem appears(50% of times) when i turn of the phone. So for me the solution is.. keep this bitch running :D

Edit:Sorry forgot to mention, But I am from India and I use a different operator than yours.

Uhm in Italy with another operator (TIM) there is not this problem... I don't know why!

Guest pathaniya

Hi, everyone, I was planning on buying Y300 is Kitkat on it good for everyday use? Where could I find bug list? In my opinion it's the best budget buy and an underdog too.

Guest bogdanwp

Rom is coming out great. Flashed latest nightly , didn`t flash any nightlies since the first one and the improvements seem to be alot. This time i will stick with it and re-flash it every week or when big changelogs. Thank you Dazzozo.