[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

ART probably won't change 3D performance. ART is a replacement/alternative to dalvik. It's the 'virtual machine' or 'runtime environment' that apps run in. The dalvik virtual machine creats caches every time you open the app, therefore taking a while each time those apps are opened. Whereas ART creates those caches when you first install the app. And doesn't remake them when you open them. Therefore ART will only make apps open faster, but not animations and so on.

I saw this video, that seems to say ART has big performance improvements over Dalvik, but I did not notice that big a difference 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1CHQwbCNsE

Guest gohaanzz

Am using a y300 I decided to give the latest build a try so far so good build 12 is stable fa me but my on screen widget change after every reboot is there a fix for this

Hi.

First to say THANK YOU for your hard work. I've installed cm11 three days ago and i have NO PROBLEMS at all.It was a little tricky to unlock my phone but the installation of a new ROM was flawless.

I'm not sure if it goes faster but it is not slower for sure.

keep up the god work

btw for any who it might concern, i am using a Huawei g510 VIP-Serbija

Can't no one answer about the widget that disappear after report
I have home screen icons and some apps disappearing after reboot. I think we Must assume no one else is having or had this problem as no one comment about it :-/ But as 4.4 is still developed there will be strange bugs and problems, something we have to live with until another dev takes on this port or dazzozo returns from his break. Either way we have to wait and not keep nagging or criticising, as we can't really critisise anyone on a potentially potent and problematic android build that's still under devrlopment So I'm giving other roms a try until this can be addressed Edited by ivan41

Guest nirmalbalaji

Can't no one answer about the widget that disappear after report

I have home screen icons dissapearing after reboot. Must asume no one else had thus problem as no one comment :-/

Which launcher you guys are using?

Why not try the 4.4.2 kitkat based slimkat ROM? I've tried it today and its far far far smoother and less bug free than cm11..... And no offence is intended to anyone including people working so hard on this project but I just want a stable ROM that don't have strange bugs.......

Edited by ivan41

Guest rederik75

Which launcher you guys are using?

Atom launcher. It's fast, smooth, elegant, and has folders in the drawer... the only strange issue with the last 2 nightlies is that after update I find all the apps that I put on SD out of their folders in the drawer ...

Guest plmosqueda

Atom launcher. It's fast, smooth, elegant, and has folders in the drawer... the only strange issue with the last 2 nightlies is that after update I find all the apps that I put on SD out of their folders in the drawer ...

I was about to ask the same question XD. I use Aviate launcher and sometime SickSky. I prefer a launcher not to heave. Gel looks good but sometime I got reboots. I think the memory gets full