[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest smokewalker

Hello, guys!

I was an early adopter of this ROM. Even though I loved it's look and feel and the smoothness, I got tired of all the random reboots that and crappy battery life that plagued this ROM early on so I flashed stock (B199) a couple of months ago.

Long story short: could one of you guys maybe sum up what I've missed? Is KitKat stable? how does it compare to stock battery-wise? Which build would best be suited for daily use? (I've got a G510-0100)

Guest pixiebob

zolalll: can you list other adjustement you apply ?

i apply:

_bionic & dalvik patch

_zipalign all apk

_In CM Settings -> Performance Setting, apply "Allow purging of assets" + 16 bits transparency

_mpdecision stop : that's enable always 2 core on, but i lower cpu freq to 196 mhz for battery savings.

Guest pixiebob

smokewalker:

with stock rom  for Y300 , i'm unhappy more ramdon reboots and status bar loose. i don't have this issue with kitkat cm, it's the only recommended rom for me and the most smoothest

Edited by pixiebob

Guest ZolaIII

zolalll: can you list other adjustement you apply ?

i apply:

_bionic & dalvik patch

_zipalign all apk

_In CM Settings -> Performance Setting, apply "Allow purging of assets" + 16 bits transparency

_mpdecision stop : that's enable always 2 core on, but i lower cpu freq to 196 mhz for battery savings.

You should let mp decision enabled!

IO deadline, read ahead cash 512 kb...

Guest Alvarete

Hi everyone! First of al BIG THANKS TO DAZZOZO for the awesome job!! That said, I have a little issue to share; I bought a Y300-0151 from Telecom Personal (Argentina). Went to Huawei's website, requested the bootloader unclock code, unlocked bootloader. Then successfuly rooted the phone using TWRP 2.6.6.3 . Made a backup and installed the latest firmware from Huawei. I mmissed the detail that the firmware update was for Y300-0100 (European) model. Luckily, it worked like a charm except for the 3g connection. It was lost. Googled the problem and fount it was because the baseband of the Y300-0100 does not have the north american 850/1900 bands that we use here in Argentina. I wiped everything and restored my backed up original ROM. After that I decided to install Dazzozo's CM11 and so I did. Its working OK, but again I only have Edge connection in my phone. When I check the baseband it says "2030"...

Question is: does this baseband support 850/1900 ?? If not: is it a matter of settings or an alternate baseband is needed? Can a baseband be flashed?? 

Thanks to everyone in advance ans specially thanks again DAZZOZZO!!!

Guest N00btime

Hi everyone! First of al BIG THANKS TO DAZZOZO for the awesome job!! That said, I have a little issue to share; I bought a Y300-0151 from Telecom Personal (Argentina). Went to Huawei's website, requested the bootloader unclock code, unlocked bootloader. Then successfuly rooted the phone using TWRP 2.6.6.3 . Made a backup and installed the latest firmware from Huawei. I mmissed the detail that the firmware update was for Y300-0100 (European) model. Luckily, it worked like a charm except for the 3g connection. It was lost. Googled the problem and fount it was because the baseband of the Y300-0100 does not have the north american 850/1900 bands that we use here in Argentina. I wiped everything and restored my backed up original ROM. After that I decided to install Dazzozo's CM11 and so I did. Its working OK, but again I only have Edge connection in my phone. When I check the baseband it says "2030"...

Question is: does this baseband support 850/1900 ?? If not: is it a matter of settings or an alternate baseband is needed? Can a baseband be flashed?? 

Thanks to everyone in advance ans specially thanks again DAZZOZZO!!!

Hi Alvarete,

Thanks for looking at that issue. I'm in Colombia and have the very same issue, 3G connection is lost. I'm on 2G only now.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by N00btime

Guest Alvarete

Follow the instructions on the post by GonzaloG and it worked just fine!!!!. Curious thing: during weekend the battery consumption was normal. Today it drained 75% from 8 AM to 6 PM. No phone calls, 8 SMS, read a couple of emails and received & replied two whatsapp... Any ideas??

Guest N00btime

N00b question @ Alvarete:

After flashing, did you loose cyanogenmod? Better said, is this a complete firmware downgrade or only partial? 

Sorry but I've read the instructions twice but I would like to keep CM11.

Cheers.

Guest nirmalbalaji

Hello all,

I was little bit sad to say that on yesterday I sold my Y300 to one of my long term friend and neighbour to buy a new hard drive since my current HDD is 5 years old now and behaving weird for the last few days. So I have to rise some money for it and possibly I will buy another Android mobile later in April. Most probably Moto G.

Its been great for the last few months on the development of Y300 and especially after Daz & Kra's release of CyanogenMod ROMs and Tillaz's awesomely modified Stock based ROMs for extra fluidity and getting almost AOSP. Till the last minute of holding Y300 on my hand it rocked with CM 11 and I was impressed how good and great Daz is and can be in future. We shared lot of ideas and I have a huge respect for everyone who contributed for CM and other projects with their donations. I'm really going to miss everyone here.

I will be here and always will be. Will give my views, help and engage in a discussion here about Y300's current and future projects.

:wub: :wub: :wub: