BEST ROM FOR y300/g510 !!!

Guest Gliwusss

Guest Gliwusss

Big poll, please answer which Rom is the best in your opinion and why :)

Sorry for not concluding all ROMs, but Modaco allows only 20 answers in one question :(

Please choose max 3 things in last (third) question.

I've choosed:

- for stock based roms FusionX by tillaz, because it is fast, stable, tweakable, has good battery life and full HWA

- for non-stock based roms Cyanogenmod 10.1 by Kra1o5, because it is fast, tweakable, customizable and almost bug-free

Edited by Gliwusss

I will vote in some days...i'm trying jellybam since yesterday evening and for now seems to be the best ROM i ever try on this phone. For stock based i tryed only fusionx but i don't like it...and for the last question i will vote for speed stability and battery life, costumization and tweaks can be added in every roms with xposed framework...

Guest ZolaIII

Well funny thing is if something is fast & stable it will use less energy & conserve battery! On the other hand with proper adjustments that that is usually cold tweaking it's possible to actually to achieve just that. This is actuality that that Ceastel & humble my are trying to achieve with costume kernel on most user friendly level. Like for instance dynamic back write levels. I personality don't think that this is something that one average user should know or brick his head with. There is so many things that can be optimized & are beneficial to all main aspects (performance/stability/consumption). & a last thing Android is pretty much open platform so it's natural & expected from users to alter & customize feel & look.

I don't like addressing ROMs by they maintainers bat general contributors just to keep things fair. This is mostly addressing Joestone!

Greetings to everyone & have a nice day!

Guest Hassams

Comparison of developers work is disrespectful and unethical

Edit: development sub-forum is only for posting ROM, Kernel, Recovery etc.

Edited by Hassams

Guest TayoOnabule

Comparison of developers work is disrespectful and unethical

Edit: development sub-forum is only for posting ROM, Kernel, Recovery etc.

Exactly what I was thinking. Luckily all the devs are pretty chill dudes here, but one has to be as polite as possible...

Guest ZolaIII

Well if you idolize one developer over others then that is the really bad thing!

& actually that is even now happening hire!

Actual comment about Joastone whose in a most positive way & as a reminder that he did contributed to the development of CMs (especially 10.1) in a great many ways with pretty serious work & has been only one ho is trying things that others are running away from. Like try to port omx.qualcomm libs, messing with gpu drivers in Linux kernel, messing with radio & making FM work & so on! This are areas that only best developers have courage to mess with!

If you don't understand semantics of English language well work on it & don't make childish comments about ethics & moral with absolutistical stand grounds that you don't understand or you are competent with.

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest Hassams

Well if you idolize one developer over others then that is the really bad thing!

& actually that is even now happening hire!

Actual comment about Joastone whose in a most positive way & as a reminder that he did contributed to the development of CMs (especially 10.1) in a great many ways with pretty serious work & has been only one ho is trying things that others are running away from. Like try to port omx.qualcomm libs, messing with gpu drivers in Linux kernel, messing with radio & making FM work & so on! This are areas that only best developers have courage to mess with!

If you don't understand semantics of English language well work on it & don't make childish comments about ethics & moral with absolutistical stand grounds that you don't understand or you are competent with.

Most of them are but i'm not, i have never taken part in any childish conversation which is going on specially in CM10.2/CM11 threads and no i never doubt anyone's ability of doing anything. Josetone is one of my favorite dev(i don't believe in idealism)  in this forum I like his work i didn't forget his contribution in fixing RIL, adding feature to get a more balanced device, FM radio etc. Kindly don't judge anyone, here people simply didn't understand where to post his/her thread so this kind of behavior is likely to be seen

Guest CyberArtZ

Choose  FusionX / Lunatic Pandora 5.1 for speed, stability and battery.

CM11 for taste of the latest+jealous of new devices running KitKat :wub: 

Edited by CyberArtZ

• 1 month later...

I'm running CM11 on my Y300 since this morning an I must say I am impressed with the speed and fluency of the interface. I used to run LewaOS and Miui but they tended to be slow, especially Miui, Lewa still is my favorite but v5 is just a bit too chunky for my taste.

Guest knueller

Interesting votes!

Ive voted for Fusion x, cm11 battery,tweaks & performance.

Every Rom has pros and cons, this is why im asking myself:

Is it possible that the devs sit together and make one powerful lightweight and fast Rom as a group of high experienced devs?

ERR stop it was a dream nvm... -.-

• 1 month later...
Guest marby22

Interesting votes!

Ive voted for Fusion x, cm11 battery,tweaks & performance.

Every Rom has pros and cons, this is why im asking myself:

Is it possible that the devs sit together and make one powerful lightweight and fast Rom as a group of high experienced devs?

ERR stop it was a dream nvm... -.-

+1.... Why not just make a best of all the best rom XD But that will just be a dream XD

Guest MadHatterRyu

hey guys, help.. which roms got the lowest memory footprint? I'm suddenly using my phone for productivity apps and could do with ram : )

p.s. I'm on Lunatic Pandora Jelly with Cexstel's kernel at the moment

Edited by MadHatterRyu

Guest TayoOnabule

hey guys, help.. which roms got the lowest memory footprint? I'm suddenly using my phone for productivity apps and could do with ram : )

p.s. I'm on Lunatic Pandora Jelly with Cexstel's kernel at the moment

I do the same. I'm currently on expert ROM and its consistently got about 190mb free even with Facebook, tumblr, kik, snapchat and all those thangs installed. It's got a pre-setup SWAP so naturally, the memory bus age is pretty great

Guest MadHatterRyu

I do the same. I'm currently on expert ROM and its consistently got about 190mb free even with Facebook, tumblr, kik, snapchat and all those thangs installed. It's got a pre-setup SWAP so naturally, the memory bus age is pretty great

: ) nice! trying it

Guest demez

I really enjoyed Expert Rom, unfortunately my wifi would issues connecting at certain times so I had to change, otherwise I think it was the best rom.

• 1 month later...
Guest carrot007

pls suggest me guys,,because g510 has two different edition which is single sim and dual sim,,it is compatible to use a costum rom of g510-0100 dual sim to g510-0200 single sim edition??mine is the single sim edition or g510-0200 build number 165,,Thanks in advance

Guest SH3H1

You won't find any dual sim ROM here in modaco :)

G510-0100 is one with NFC and G510-0010 is dual sim(which don't have support here)