[JB] [4.3.1] [UNOFFICIAL] SlimBean 4.3 By Dark_Nightmare [RC2] [15/12/13]

Guest TayoOnabule

Guest TayoOnabule

zjum.png

By Dark_Nightmare

ROM: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3yBvMdu-9JyazdWOXJGUDNSVGs/edit?usp=sharing

Gapps: http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/383-addons/downloads

Original HTCMania Thread: http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=740305

Past Versions:

RC1 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3yBvMdu-9JyX2NUYWpvSUtMSHc/edit?usp=sharing

Changelog - 

RC1:

- Initial Release

RC2:

- New frameworks / av and improvement which solves the following:
  - Fix video recording.
  - Improved stability.
  - High performance.
  - More free RAM.

Bugs:

- None

Screenshots:

f9jo.jpg1s6r.pngk4bm.png0tuq.png

FAQ (IMPORTANT):

How to get root access: BEFORE STARTING ANY APPLICATION please go to Settings / Options Development / Root Access (Applications and ADB).

Titanium Backup makes backups of my apps, why?: Switch route backups to storage / emulated / legacy.

The ROM gets stuck in the bootanimation, what can I do?: Sure you have installed a recovery tailored to Android 4.3.

How I can change the density of the screen?: Go to Settings / Interface / Density LCD and follow the steps listed there.

Launcher icons are misplaced, how them back to their initial position?: Just go to Settings Nova Launcher and set the appearance to your liking.

Edited by TayoOnabule

Guest TayoOnabule

Guest TangerineTractor

rc2 is up on htcmania, but I can't see a changelog. It looks like this is mainly based on cm10.2, or at least is has the same video playback issues.

Guest Hassams

rc2 is up on htcmania, but I can't see a changelog. It looks like this is mainly based on cm10.2, or at least is has the same video playback issues.

Changlog is in third post

RC2: 

-New frameworks / av and improvement which solves the following: 

-Fix video recording. 

-Improved stability. 

-High performance. 

-More free RAM.

WOW ... great ROM ...very flexible settings menu ... really nice ..clean an small ..keep the work up

**by the way .. i use ported kitkat cam which works great with photo and video recording..with this rom

I was coming here to post my good impression and i had a reboot. So i came back to cm10.1...anyway the only real problem i founded was that navbar was showed even in if it was disabled in settings. Enable and disable it solved the problem but it came back after the reboot. It happened with RC1 so i don't know if it's solved in RC2...i will give again a try to next release because i liked it!

Edited by EniJ

i tried this rom but i have problems with root permission (don't works!). anyone have this problem?

I encounter same problems ... so i uncheck the root options in settings and install supersu zip from recovery .. then everything works as expected 

I encounter same problems ... so i uncheck the root options in settings and install supersu zip from recovery .. then everything works as expected 

thank you very much

Guest TangerineTractor

thank you very much

Yes, but make sure you go into google play and stop super-su form auto-updating - if it does, you`ll lose root and need to uninstall super-su and re-flash it.

In general, I found this rom OK, but a bit laggy, and still with all the known bugs of cm10.2

Yes, but make sure you go into google play and stop super-su form auto-updating - if it does, you`ll lose root and need to uninstall super-su and re-flash it.

In general, I found this rom OK, but a bit laggy, and still with all the known bugs of cm10.2

If this was the case i never seen that supersu override current installation without prompting for a method to setup .. TWRP / normal ... however ..update should not be a problem .. the problem might be occour  once again if you reflash or update the rom and .. the root acess "bug" that some people are effected still remains ... 

Guest TangerineTractor

If this was the case i never seen that supersu override current installation without prompting for a method to setup .. TWRP / normal ... however ..update should not be a problem .. the problem might be occour once again if you reflash or update the rom and .. the root acess "bug" that some people are effected still remains ...

Actually, just realised that I was testing the latest CM11 when it happened to me last night. Didn't have proper root, flashed super-su, got root. Play store updated super-su, it then said it hadn't got root and needed re-rooting. So it CAN happen, but it didn't on this ROM.

Hmm .. strange ... but i think that i read a few days ago something that could be a problem with supersu and 4.4+ roms .. reverting root permissions .. but never seen this with roms version below 4.4...anyway .. should be something to keep in mind ;)

Guys have you read the FAQ?!

How to get root access: BEFORE STARTING ANY APPLICATION please go to Settings / Options Development / Root Access (Applications and ADB).

Guest TangerineTractor

Guys have you read the FAQ?!

Yes, I did that. I actually flashed this and then CM11 latest yestreday, and I had root issues in CM11 not this rom.

I will +1 for whoever suggested a slim based on CM10.1 R19 though!