[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Just one question,did anyone found out how to disable screen-off animation?

Not yet implemented. There's all kinds of settings missing, it's still early days of CM11. Iirc disabling all animations will kill screen off animation as well.

Great ROM, but no transparent status bar on the launcher?

I'll add this to the FAQ in the third post. It's been disabled on low memory devices among few other things.

You can enable it by removing/commenting/changing to false single line in /system/build.prop.
ro.config.low_ram=true

Great rom, good job. One of two things i didn't like in KitKat for our phone is new launcher and bad translation (not completly translated) for my language (Polish). Launcher ruins everything that Google learned us in earlier launchers. 

There's nothing stopping you contributing better translations. All translation work is done by the community.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_Translation_Guide

There's plenty of third party launchers available.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=launcher&c=apps

Guest jbrolin

I have now installed it and tried it since yesterday. It works great. Thanks KonstaT! (For others I just encountered one issue where the camera app crashed once, but could not recreate it. If I do I will post a logfile)

Guest aleksandar069

KonstaT.. great ROM... fast.... no lag... camera work awesome, but can you make the ROM with maybe 20-30% more RAM ... like 420RAM LIKE ON THE BLADE

Guest aleksandar069

Just one question,did anyone found out how to disable screen-off animation?

install XPOSED INSTALLER, then XBLAST MOD... (googling for those two) and then you can change CRT animation

Guest peetu20

KonstaT.. great ROM... fast.... no lag... camera work awesome, but can you make the ROM with maybe 20-30% more RAM ... like 420RAM LIKE ON THE BLADE

What are ypi thinking??

You think that you can get more ram by software hack :P

Guest rangeoshun

This ROM is working great! Thank you! My only problem was this morning, when I forgot to set the Alarm after install, so overslept... well user error like in most of the cases.

By the way has anyone had troubles with gapps and/or widgets misbehaving after switching to ART? Should caches also be wiped before/after?

Guest KonstaT

Do we still have somerthing missing on android 4.2.x and newer roms? Cm10 seems still to be the smoothest rom for atlas40

We are dealing with EOL'd (= end of life) hardware here. Qualcomm dropped support for msm7x27a on Android 4.1. ZTE dropped support for this device on Android 4.0. That means that you're not supposed to run anything beyond 4.0 on this device!

We don't have 3.4 kernel (on which all three Jelly Beans and KitKat is based on). We can't utilize ION memory allocator (camera wouldn't work because we don't have proprietaries[*] for it). We're stuck using legacy display HALs (basically from Android 4.1) because it would take insane amount of work to update the 3.0.8 kernel to work with a newer one (also MDP3 has been depracated since 4.1 anyway). We can't use newer display drivers (Adreno blobs[*]) because our display HAL is ancient, we can't utilize ION memory allocator and Qualcomm never even made ones for msm7x27a because it was EOL'd on 4.1. That's only the display side of things (dumbing it down and cutting few corners). Media implementation is another (yet similar) story.

What's missing? What comes to kernel, display HAL and display drivers we don't have anything to make things work like they're supposed to in Jelly Bean and beyond.

[*] proprietary/blob = prebuilt binary extracted from stock firmware on our (or some other) device - things we don't have source code for

There was some previous attemps to shave some RAM from kernel memory allocations but there was reports that it caused instability in some cases.

This ROM is working great! Thank you! My only problem was this morning, when I forgot to set the Alarm after install, so overslept... well user error like in most of the cases.

By the way has anyone had troubles with gapps and/or widgets misbehaving after switching to ART? Should caches also be wiped before/after?

You really should learn to wake before your alarm would go off like any normal person. :P That way you can also make use of a feature that allows you dismiss the alarm before it goes off. Literally the only new feature added in KitKat that I've found useful.

Gapps package from the first post doesn't support ART. There's all kinds of KitKat gapps packages floating around internet these days. Some of the more recent ones can't be even installed with our current recoveries though.

I'm not sure if ART currently works in CM anyway. It's at least strongly advised against to. It's an experimental feature and only use for it currently is if you're an app developer and you want to ready your apps for future Android versions.

Guest mike1993

thanks for this new rom

it's working perfect.

i only miss the possibility of fixing the apps on main screens. i know that with changing the launcher i can have it, but can you recommend me a good launcher for it???

Guest rangeoshun

You really should learn to wake before your alarm would go off like any normal person. :P That way you can also make use of a feature that allows you dismiss the alarm before it goes off. Literally the only new feature added in KitKat that I've found useful.

Well, I actually did... 2 hours before, so tried to use the remaining time for some sweet rest. In the end I did.. more then planed! :D

Thanks for the suggestions, I just wanted to see if the difference is visible at all.. It was in a way :) 

Guest plantroon

thanks for this new rom

it's working perfect.

i only miss the possibility of fixing the apps on main screens. i know that with changing the launcher i can have it, but can you recommend me a good launcher for it???

Nova launcher, Apex launcher, ... all of them are paid but you can use the free version with a limited feature set. There's also one that I used to like called Smart launcher. I'd never use 3rd party launchers again though. Trebuchet ftw!

Guest KonstaT

The browser would not sync bookmarks from the desktop Chrome. Anyone else seeing this?

Hmm, there used to be a ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk in Jelly Bean gapps packages. Any of the KitKat gapps packages don't seem to include it for some reason though.

There seems to be a separate package for it. I'll include it in my gapps package later.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760975523

Edit. It still doesn't seem to work. Gapps are getting just crazy. Full gapps wouldn't even fit our system partition alone. :o

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Workin great! But no notification ringer sounds?

Huh, what?

Guest pippo13

hey KonstaT..first of all thank you for the rom..i ve used it for a day or so and so far everything seems to work great..calls,bluetooth,3g,wifi,the games seem to run smoother..it also feels a little faster in general  than the previous ones..don t know if this is my idea or ideed is,because antutu score was 4026,and with 4.3.1 was 4650..just a stupid question:can i add widget to lockscreen or is it locked?i searched a litte and i couldn t find the option to add widgets to lockscreen..don t really care about this just asking cause it seemed strange that i couldn t add anything..thanks again 

Guest KonstaT

just a stupid question:can i add widget to lockscreen or is it locked?i searched a litte and i couldn t find the option to add widgets to lockscreen..don t really care about this just asking cause it seemed strange that i couldn t add anything..thanks again 

FAQ, third post.

https://github.com/KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40/commit/b5630f929bda64452c8c787dcb4030fc0cb0abf5

thank you, we appreciate your effort :)

now, before i ask my question, i wanna say that this rom will stay the best custom rom for our device even if that is unable to be done. so, is there any way to make ms google now verbally respond to some of my questions i.e. is it cold outside (previous roms have had this feature)

thanks in advance

Edited by joxym