[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Snap.IT

Have you looked into Evervolvs work with kitkat-staging? He's using ION for everything but camera, just transplanting the MAKO ADRENO blobs and kernel code works to get webview working, i just noted that in staging he is adding "use pmem adsp" as a flag which would essentially mean that we get to use ION for everying but camera.

I've compiled a working kernel for the OT995 using the MAKO drivers and that kernel isn't that far from yours (except for MDP version but EGL won't care about that) and added back the pmem stuff and gotten an end result where i can boot my phone and use it with all the bugs that are still in CM-11 but camera is working and webview is working too.

Guest ogi1802

Hello! i have rooted Blade 3, and I am going put custom rom. I installed CWM and I going flash CM 11 (KitKat), and here is problem:

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /storage/sdcard0/CROM/cm-11-2013121

8-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted.

Please help me!

And sorry for my bad english.

Guest jbrolin

Probably the downloaded zip file is corrupt. Delete it from your computer, and download it again. Then copy it to sdcard. Good luck! It is a great rom.

Hello! i have rooted Blade 3, and I am going put custom rom. I installed CWM and I going flash CM 11 (KitKat), and here is problem:

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /storage/sdcard0/CROM/cm-11-2013121

8-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted.

Please help me!

And sorry for my bad english.

Guest ogi1802

Not working...

Probably the downloaded zip file is corrupt. Delete it from your computer, and download it again. Then copy it to sdcard. Good luck! It is a great rom.

Guest plantroon

Hey, what is WhisperPush for? I set it up, but I don't see any difference.

On your homescreen, there is a field with the following text: Google ... (by default)

You could ask Google the same thing, even by actually saying it if you press that little microphone button.

This would be one of the search results:

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/whisperpush-secure-messaging-integration

Guest KonstaT

Have you looked into Evervolvs work with kitkat-staging? He's using ION for everything but camera, just transplanting the MAKO ADRENO blobs and kernel code works to get webview working, i just noted that in staging he is adding "use pmem adsp" as a flag which would essentially mean that we get to use ION for everying but camera.

I've compiled a working kernel for the OT995 using the MAKO drivers and that kernel isn't that far from yours (except for MDP version but EGL won't care about that) and added back the pmem stuff and gotten an end result where i can boot my phone and use it with all the bugs that are still in CM-11 but camera is working and webview is working too.

It was Blefish's work as far as I know.

Yeah, I've done my first ION builds long long time ago (on CM10 days) and everything is working except camera. I've also tested this new method of leaving pmem_adsp heap for camera. Camera now actually initilializes but it still hangs soon after (preview). Looks like it might be something related to our camera HAL using MemoryHeapPmem. This is certainly something I'm going to investigate further if/when I have the time/energy/interest.

<3>[12-02 20:25:52.541] [1772: Binder_3]msm_pmem_table_add: get_pmem_file fd 47 error -1
V/QualcommCameraHardware(  113):  Locking buffer 0 
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113):  Locked buffer 0 successfully
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): Handle 0x40076008, Fd passed:47, Base:0x1, Size 0x108
V/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): fd mmap fd 47 size 264
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113):  Mapped Preview buffer 0
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): Got the following from get_mem data: 0x414d3000, handle :1074424784, release : 0x405ed483, size: 264
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113):  getbuffersandrestartpreview deQ 47
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): Registering buffer 0 with fd :47 with kernel
V/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): use_all_chnls = 0
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): register_buf: CbOff = 0x4b000 CrOff = 0x0
V/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): register_buf:  reg = 0 buffer = 0x414d3000
E/mm-camera(  113): camera_issue_command2: register_buffers error (Operation not permitted)
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): native_start_ops: type 11 error Operation not permitted
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): Came back from register call to kernel

Does the phone memory running??

in others it does not work 4.1.2 and 4.2.2. and 4.3.1 do not work

I can guarantee that everything is working as stated in the first post (you might want to read that). You also might want to read the FAQ in the third post!

Throwing 'doesn't work' around for something that isn't even supposed to work doesn't help anyone's cause. If you would have asked politely why internal sdcard wasn't supported, I might have even explained why (like I've done at least twenty times already).

Guest epyloxias

I 've noticed this: wallpaper (from gallery, a custom foto, not a stock one),turns bigger (and stays that way untill I re-set it to normal size) when -from start screen- I press "settings" button (not icon from menu) and then again settings (icon that appears down right on screen). Some kind of bug I guess? Zte Acqua.

Edited by epyloxias

Guest peetu20

It was Blefish's work as far as I know.

Yeah, I've done my first ION builds long long time ago (on CM10 days) and everything is working except camera. I've also tested this new method of leaving pmem_adsp heap for camera. Camera now actually initilializes but it still hangs soon after (preview). Looks like it might be something related to our camera HAL using MemoryHeapPmem. This is certainly something I'm going to investigate further if/when I have the time/energy/interest.

<3>[12-02 20:25:52.541] [1772: Binder_3]msm_pmem_table_add: get_pmem_file fd 47 error -1
V/QualcommCameraHardware(  113):  Locking buffer 0 
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113):  Locked buffer 0 successfully
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): Handle 0x40076008, Fd passed:47, Base:0x1, Size 0x108
V/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): fd mmap fd 47 size 264
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113):  Mapped Preview buffer 0
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): Got the following from get_mem data: 0x414d3000, handle :1074424784, release : 0x405ed483, size: 264
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113):  getbuffersandrestartpreview deQ 47
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): Registering buffer 0 with fd :47 with kernel
V/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): use_all_chnls = 0
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): register_buf: CbOff = 0x4b000 CrOff = 0x0
V/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): register_buf:  reg = 0 buffer = 0x414d3000
E/mm-camera(  113): camera_issue_command2: register_buffers error (Operation not permitted)
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): native_start_ops: type 11 error Operation not permitted
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  113): Came back from register call to kernel
I can guarantee that everything is working as stated in the first post (you might want to read that). You also might want to read the FAQ in the third post!

Throwing 'doesn't work' around for something that isn't even supposed to work doesn't help anyone's cause. If you would have asked politely why internal sdcard wasn't supported, I might have even explained why (like I've done at least twenty times already).

Hmm, couldnt you release that build for testing? I would like to try it more than likely :).

Strange... When i enabling ART - all working fine, but when there is Dalvik-cache wipe is performed - ART is falling and dalvik starts again. When i trying to enable ART again - nothing happens. (Phone just reboots and starting in dalvik again) Only way to reactivate ART - reflash. Does anybody had this problem too?