Problem when trying to access bootloader on G510-100

Guest cazman

Guest cazman

My brother got a G510 for christmas, but it has a lot of chinese elements on the operating system that can't be changed by changing the phone language, so I decided to try and put cyanogenmod on the phone.

I wanted to root the device, but to do this a tutorial said that I needed an unlocked bootloader, I decided to go for the DC-Unlocker method since that seemed quicker than asking for a bootloader unlock code from Huawei.

When I press the vol+/vol- and power button at the same time to access the supposed purple screen In the tutorial I see what looks like a loading bar for a split second, then some chinese characters with 2/2 under them and a yellow warning icon. I managed to translate the message to something like "update failed, please check the phone in".

Has this happened to someone else before? How would I go about fixing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also determined it was a G510-100 from the lack of play store and how it was deafulted to chinese.

Guest ragnapunk

if thats the case have you done resetting the phone factory reset? in the settings even if it is in other language, its not possible to have a lock/cannot change the language. And about bootloader is it unlock and also about the update what update? Stock ROM?/ROM or update to root your phone?

try changing your stock recovery to Clockwork Recovery you can try also the TWRP Recovery but it has problems when Updating or Installing ROM

I suggest you download the Stock ROM at the huaweidevice site. if your phone is not bootloader unlocked yeah you will have a fail update depends on the UPDATE file you are trying to install.

Guest cazman

I have reset the phone to it's factory default settings yes. The bootloader is not unlocked yet, not rooted and on a stock Huawei ROM. I have not tried adding any update file yet but the bootloader keeps on saying update failed because it is still locked.

Will changing the recovery help at all with the bootloader issue? It's just weird because it says I'm applying an update when I haven't got an update on my SD or internal memory.

Guest ragnapunk

Then you already know the answer, unlock the Bootloader then root. Since you already downloaded the DCunlocker and also download the adb toolkit from the site link(which is at the dcunlocker guide)no need to download the whole adb toolkit which is the source(adbtoolkit.com) just download the adbtoolkit at the dcunlocker guide site. if your having problem with software dcunlocker detecting your phone when autodetecting then search, your phone need to be at bootload mode state the PINK bootload(VolUP+VolDown+Power) then it will detect also download the huawei phone driver after that you'll get your Unlocking Code. and about the adbtoolkit copy paste it at the drive C: etc you know the procedure.

the guide to root your phone, here is the link.

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/free-huawei-bootloader-unlock-tutorial

http://theunlockr.com/2013/07/30/how-to-root-the-huawei-ascend-g510/

Hope this helps.

Guest cazman

That's my problem though, on a brand new phone with stock and nothing done to it, I try and get to the pink bootloader screen mentioned in the tutorial and instead I see an error message in chinese, here is the image I see when I try and use the VolDown+VolUp+Power boot method to access the purple screen: http://i.imgur.com/sJi8wae.jpg

I'm just wondering how to get rid of this screen so I can continue with the DC unlocker method.

Guest ZolaIII

What is the actual phone model?

Settings - about the phone.

For instance 001 comes with unlocked boot loader (or it did).

You use DC unlocker to generate the unlock code & then with adb you can unlock it as usual. Search for the tutorial (with pictures & so on) on this forum URL is on many trades... i did originally posted URL long time ago.

Hopefully you did first enabled usb debugging option in programer options & disabled fast boot!

Hopefully this whose helpful ...

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest cazman

Wow I shouldn't have assumed that the model was G510-100, the model number is T8951, which is a G510 G3, lucky I didn't proceed with the DC unlocker tutorial! It doesn't look like there's a lot of support for this model around, so I'll just give it back to my brother :(

Guest ragnapunk

okay atleast try Flashing Clockwork Recovery, after that access recovery and Clear every Cache,Data,Cust,IM etc exclude SD card at the mount and storage category then try bootload with the PINK Screen, worth a shot.

First download the clockwork recovery here is the link, after that extract then go to flash mode where your Huawei Logo will Hang or be stuck, to proceed hold Vold DOWN+Power till it freezes then connect usb,you got to enable the usb debugging at the settings can you do that?inspite having chinise language, if you dont have the Developer Option in the category settings then do this to enable it, Go to "About your phone" category. then Build Number tap it 7 times.

http://d-h.st/HTd

Guest cazman

Most of the settings page isn't in Chinese so I've had USB debugging available for a while, so flashing this recovery shouldn't be a problem.

Is there a way to backup the entire phone including current recovery before flashing CWM? I know nandroid backups are done from the recovery itself, but I couldn't restore a backup if I messed up my recovery!

Sorry about all the questions I just want to be absolutely sure that the phone won't break beyond recovery because my brother would be very annoyed if I handed him back a bricked phone  :P

Edited by cazman

Guest ragnapunk

you don't need to, there are already tons of backup uploaded in the internet and inlcluding also the STOCK Rom from huaweidevice site,but still you can back it up just go to recovery hold VolUP+Power and do a full backup.

I've tried everything on my Ascend G510 rooting it,installing ROMs tons of it,dealing with a brick phone without an OS but still I end up Installing the Stock ROM and with the best Clock Recovery works everytime. not unless if you managed to break or accidentaly dropped,smash and last Having a damaged Hardware thats the only reason your phone will be dead and end up buying a new one.

Guest ZolaIII

No you can't backup original recovery!

You can install it like any other (as a image) taken from any firmware.

You can & NEED TO make backup of original ROM, as a first thing after installing costume recovery!

You can't flash anything before you unlock boot loader.

Tip: formatting a costume partition will install all blocked apps (Chinese/World wide)!

Lol...

http://www.labandroid.com/china/2013/09/guide-huawei-ascend-g510y300-root-unlock-recovery/

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest cazman

Very interestingly, earlier I showed the error I get when I try and access the bootloader (http://i.imgur.com/sJi8wae.jpg), but when I flashed the firmware found Here, the bootloader successfully applied an update. It's weird because I put a dload/update.app in my SD card the bootloader applies the update fine, but when I remove that file the bootloader does the same error again.