[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

EDIT: It seems the gapps package is based on this one. Now I wonder if ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk from there requires armv7..

EDIT2: I guess I can use ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk from the package above, as long as the apk doesn't reference any native libraries.

EDIT3: The phone actually feels a lot more snappier.. Many thanks!

indeed, it's based on pa gapps, afaik chromebookmarksyncadapter should work fine on armv6, you might need to copy it in system/app and set appropriate permissions - if you didn't install anything else on the system partition it should still fit in a 180mb partition after adding that file, then reboot and from settings > accounts > google > turn on browser sync.

Guest reallordx

new build up:

Nice. =)

You wouldn't happen to be looking into fm radio functionality?

Its the only thing keeping me from migration and well, it's also the only 'main' feature missing. ;)

Has anyone tried to upload a picture to Instagram with this rom? I tried with 20. 1. and 30. 1. builds and I get a black image when I press "next" on the filters screen (even if I don't apply any filters) and then Instagram crashes.

Edited by sharix

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Nice. =)

You wouldn't happen to be looking into fm radio functionality?

Its the only thing keeping me from migration and well, it's also the only 'main' feature missing. ;)

Really? how is FM radio still a "vital" function on a smartphone? I never listen to FM radio on the go. never felt the need to, I have all my music on google music anyway.

if an FM reciever is so god damn important, theres a simple solution.

Go buy a 5-10$ mp3 player, they have fm radio built in, and run for what, 10-20 hours on a 1 AAA battery?

Guest Fizziebaunz

Has anyone tried to upload a picture to Instagram with this rom? I tried with 20. 1. and 30. 1. builds and I get a black image when I press "next" on the filters screen (even if I don't apply any filters) and then Instagram crashes.

I believe this is what Zeelog was talking about when he released the 30.1 build.... just provide him a log cat..... he might be in a strong position to help.

Alright, this is my first time I saved a logcat, so I hope I did it right. I typed

su
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

in Terminal Emulator and then tried to upload a picture so Instagram crashed again. Then I went back to Terminal Emulator and killed the process with Ctrl+C.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/orhrwwamottz8tz/logcat%2031.%201.%202014.txt

Guest yggdrasil31

I got exactly the same behaviour in instagram.

Also

-i got a random crash when using the GPS in waze (but no crash yet in gmap), sometimes after 10/15 minutes, sometimes later.

-i have to use google++ 4.1, the latest one get a "force close"

Alright, this is my first time I saved a logcat, so I hope I did it right. I typed

in Terminal Emulator and then tried to upload a picture so Instagram crashed again. Then I went back to Terminal Emulator and killed the process with Ctrl+C.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/orhrwwamottz8tz/logcat%2031.%201.%202014.txt

looks like the same issue: http://www.modaco.com/topic/368013-devrom-301-cyanogenmod-110-android-442/page-19#entry2192329 

When someone calls you have to wait 5 seconds until the black screen disappears.

yes, i'm noticing the same thing, once again the same issue resurfaces: http://www.modaco.com/topic/368013-devrom-301-cyanogenmod-110-android-442/page-19#entry2192329

seems like this one is gonna be a tough nut to crack, hope i'm wrong... :wacko:

Guest shikabala

If anyone has the patience to explain the way I can reach the 180MB for system or send me a guide I would really appreciate it... I installed the 160MB but it lacks Google Play and other apps. The ROM seems smooth and it would be a pity if I can use it because of not being familiar with TPT helper. Thank you

indeed, it's based on pa gapps, afaik chromebookmarksyncadapter should work fine on armv6, you might need to copy it in system/app and set appropriate permissions - if you didn't install anything else on the system partition it should still fit in a 180mb partition after adding that file, then reboot and from settings > accounts > google > turn on browser sync.

Thanks seems to be working! Instead I did a full wipe, then adb pushed the sync adapter and fixed the permissions with adb shell while in recovery, and the browser sync was there and working when I booted up. The required space seems to be getting very close to 180MB indeed.

Excuse me but there is no Google Play app. What about it???

Install the gapps package.

Guest filtragem

Really? how is FM radio still a "vital" function on a smartphone? I never listen to FM radio on the go. never felt the need to, I have all my music on google music anyway.

if an FM reciever is so god damn important, theres a simple solution.

Go buy a 5-10$ mp3 player, they have fm radio built in, and run for what, 10-20 hours on a 1 AAA battery?

I am waiting to FM Radio function too.

FM Radio isn't only about music is also about radio shows and news.

And not all of us have ilimited data plans or live on places with good reception that enable us to stream music.

Carrying an extra device isn't a solution, even simple one, especially when the our device has FM Radio.

Guest abarthman

If anyone has the patience to explain the way I can reach the 180MB for system or send me a guide I would really appreciate it... I installed the 160MB but it lacks Google Play and other apps. The ROM seems smooth and it would be a pity if I can use it because of not being familiar with TPT helper. Thank you

http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/downloads/blade-tpts

I chose Gen 1 to Gen 2 v10f

Guest GizmoTheGreen

I am waiting to FM Radio function too.

FM Radio isn't only about music is also about radio shows and news.

And not all of us have ilimited data plans or live on places with good reception that enable us to stream music.

Carrying an extra device isn't a solution, even simple one, especially when the our device has FM Radio.

Then feel free to use stock rom or KonstaT's 4.2 or 4.3 ROMS. they have FM working.

And really how is an extra, cheap, device not a solution. you get your precious FM and longer battery time on your phone! win win situation.

not to mention the extra device is not even half as big as the phone.

Edited by GizmoTheGreen

Then feel free to use stock rom or KonstaT's 4.2 or 4.3 ROMS. they have FM working.

Sorry, this may be too simple but has anyone tried just extracting Effem.apk from Konstats rom?

Or is this a Kernel issue?

Guest abarthman

i TRIED to change the partitions to your recomendation but on the point of booting up the phone with the power button and the volume up and the menu button , the phone just boots normally.  Something i´m missing?

Is your Blade a stock Gen 2?

If so you can't use the G1 to G2 TPTs. 

You'll need to use a G2 or G3 TPT and I can't see a 180MB system one on that link.

Guest ExCaL1BuR

the problem is that I can´t do the combination buttons ....  I don´t know if isn´t corrent has i had tried ..... I read that is volume + and the menu button and then the power button , but every time i´ve done that the phone just boots normaly.  

And one more thing , I can use The tpt of gen 1 to gen2 on my GEN2 phone

Guest killadroid

this phone is struggling to run this rom.when i get a call the phone vibrates first & i can't even who is calling for a while it's annoying.can't even multitask,going back to cm10.1 till it's a lil faster

Guest abarthman

the problem is that I can´t do the combination buttons ....  I don´t know if isn´t corrent has i had tried ..... I read that is volume + and the menu button and then the power button , but every time i´ve done that the phone just boots normaly.  

And one more thing , I can use The tpt of gen 1 to gen2 on my GEN2 phone

I'm all out of potential solutions, then.

Good luck.

Guest shikabala

The green text after booting with TPT is full of errors. md5sum and stuff,match. Text doesn't disappear unless I put the battery off and reboot normally. Any tips?

The green text after booting with TPT is full of errors. md5sum and stuff,match. Text doesn't disappear unless I put the battery off and reboot normally. Any tips?

Have you checked on your computer that the downloaded zip file has a correct MD5 hash?