[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Ooh no... ART doesn't work, well i guess i should have seen that coming, of course google didn't make ART for ARMv6....

art doesnt work for cm yet for armv7 as well i guess

The goo links are very slow.... someone upload them elsewhere.... download failures is what am receiving after an hour of waiting

happens with me too...

i once had to dl 5 times always stuck @ 99%

this and the dev host both suck bigtime

Zeelog, can I ask you a question?

First of all great work.

I'm updated my skate device/kernel tree from androidarmv6 for cm-11 at december 23 from hepheppy and psyke83 awesome commits. It works great, i have only one issue which is very strange, it is media.process stopped working. Do you get this error before? I got this error because my sdcard recognized  (-1) and say jut mounted. / Can't obtain external volume ID even though it's mounted. /

May be mtp its a soulition for it but dont think so.

Changed webkit source to legacymod same issue.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Edited by fagyi

Guest zeelog

Ooh no... ART doesn't work, well i guess i should have seen that coming, of course google didn't make ART for ARMv6....

art doesnt work for cm yet for armv7 as well i guess

forget about ART, rom doesn't even compile with ART - my bad, forgot to include this in the list of issues, might as well remove option completely eventually...

Why did you have to do this?

I had planned to retire my Blade, partly use it as a dev phone for older Android, how can I do that now with this unexpected addition?

The Blade lives forever?

(I am amazed and I consider a smiley unnecessary.)

Tried it on /system with 170 MiB= 178 MB.

/system is using  ~156 MiB (?) without gapps, overfull w gapps. (gapps will of course not work without repartitioning, I just tested.)

The device feels a little more sluggish compared to JB, but I did not test with a SIM or disabling RIL before flushing gapps.

(I have primarily used Daemond KonstatKang 10.0, not much difference to 10.1/10.2.)

Worked better for Xancel.

What about FM?

Of course just kidding, but still interesting to get an insight if there are basic changes in Android 4.4 or "just" normal changes.

infact it's written in OP - minimum partition is 180m

FM - yet to be merged by cm, though i stand to be corrected...

Zeelog, can I ask you a question?

First of all great work.

I'm updated my skate device/kernel tree from androidarmv6 for cm-11 at december 23 from hepheppy and psyke83 awesome commits. It works great, i have only one issue which is very strange, it is media.process stopped working. Do you get this error before? I got this error because my sdcard recognized  (-1) and say jut mounted. / Can't obtain external volume ID even though it's mounted. /

May be mtp its a soulition for it but dont think so.

Changed webkit source to legacymod same issue.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

didn't get that error, having said that without sources it's difficult to help, but you can try comparing your device fstab & your device init.rc with a similar (working) device

i bet art will eventually work on blade, just later ;P just like video playback or something like that due to lack of quallcom libs on 4.x. We have it now. Will try this rom later, good job anyway, i am surprised that i can have 4.4 on my nexus 4 and 4.4 on blade, its like a small, cheap nexus device :P longer support than galaxy nexus ftw

Guest szpilasty

I couldn't run Google+ and Google search is not compatible, cannot be installed

This is not working on 4.3.1 as well. Probably Google removed support for arm6.

Guest sergiuv

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140105-ZeeLogKANG-blade.zip

(Status 0)
Installation aborted.
result was NULL, message is: assert failed: install_zip("/sdcard/cm-11-20140105-ZeeLogKANG-blade.zip")   

Me too.... :angry2:  :angry2:  :angry2:

I managed to solve the problem by installing the last (official ? ) CWM version for blade (5.0.2.0).

You can also check this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/356674-recoverygen123-and-idea-blade-fully-working-cwm-6011-touch-stable-6015-testing-1710/

Guest keyboardshortcut

Thanks zeelog for this unending revival of our phone. :D

To all users, can you post some screenies of KITKAT, I'm pretty curious of how it is look like in our blade... :wub:

To all users, can you post some screenies of KITKAT, I'm pretty curious of how it is look like in our blade... :wub:

Same as in other phones

Guest zeelog

How can I deactivate the soft buttons no the botton of the screen? I prefer the fisical buttons.

Settings > interface > expanded desktop (status bar visible), then activate expanded desktop from power button

included some screenshots in post #3

Guest pravnrai1993

How can I deactivate the soft buttons no the botton of the screen? I prefer the fisical buttons.

go to system>build.prop

open the file and at the last line add this command "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1"

u'll need to reboot the phone for the changes to appear after saving it.

Guest ExCaL1BuR

Settings > interface > expanded desktop (status bar visible), then activate expanded desktop from power button

I already done that but if I swype up the soft button appears again.... Good fix thanks but I wanted to disable permanently like on CM10.1/2

Guest ExCaL1BuR

go to system>build.prop

open the file and at the last line add this command "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1"

u'll need to reboot the phone for the changes to appear after saving it.

I will try it out Thanks ;)

I´ve tried but on the restart it Bootloops  :(

But Hey thanks anyway .....  maybe Zeelog can implement it on next release.

Edited by ExCaL1BuR

Guest zeelog

new build up..

[8 JAN 14]

DOWNLOAD

md5: a419cd0ecccee888fb38466574eeb1c8

Replaced UI sound effects with original kitkat sounds
Fixed lock screen sound
Fixed audio playback stuttering issues
Add battery status bar (Thanks KonstaT)
Add option to disable boot animation (Thanks KonstaT)
Make lock screen camera widget configurable (cm)
& other merged commits not mentioned in the changelog