[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest lolasher

Its possible to install on this rom some older, better working gapps? Everything working just fine, but google market is ridiculous slow and have strange problem with installing apps.

Guest Andro998

@Andro998 - whatever that URL you have posted is - it's in a private folder, so I don't think anyone else can see it.  Also, you said that apart from stock, the only ROM that your WiFi is working is Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9.  I am wondering, how many ROM's have you tried - and if you have WiFi problems with all of them - maybe it could be your WiFi and not the ROM?  Lots of people are using this ROM with no WiFi problems (me included).  I assume you are doing a thorough wipe of your phone as stated in the OP...

Reboot into CWM

Wipe Data/Factory Reset

Wipe Cache

Mounts/Storage > Format System

Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache

If you really want to be sure you reset the phone, here is what I did...

Reboot into CWM

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

advanced>wipe dalvik cache

mounts and storage>format /boot

mounts and storage>format /cache

mounts and storage>format /data

mounts and storage>format /system

mounts and storage>format /sd-ext

If you don't have an SD partition then (assuming you have a full backup of your SD card) whilst you are still in CWM, go to Advanced and partition the SD card (remember that it's either 1024Mb or 2048Mb with a 0Mb swap size)

Power off your phone, take the SD card out the phone, connect to the PC and put the ROM zip file and GAPPS zip file from the OP and all your files and folders back onto the SD card

Put the SD card back into the phone, hold down VOLUME- (volume down) and power on (this will boot into CWM)

Once your in CWM do this...

install zip from sdcard

chose zip from sdcard

ROM (wait for it to finish - can take a minute or two) then GAPPS

reboot phone

The first boot will take several minutes whilst it installs KitKat. If all went well then you will eventually get the setup wizard where you can setup the phone.  My apologies if you already knew this or have done this, but thought I would share with you just in case it helps.  Good luck.

I have tried thousands of roms and I got the same problem. I have never tried to format everyting. I will try it know. The link I posted was from the wifi folder that as inside the zip from moldovan rom, it works perfectly in some roms.

P.S what is the meaning of OP? What is the recovery you are using? (Mine is CWM 6.0.2.7, I found on internet that sometimes the problem can be from the recovery that can not flash properly the rom.

I will try what you said.

Thank you

Edited by Andro998

Guest zaxxon

@Andro998 - I believe that OP = Original Post (the first post in a thread from the person who started the thread - in this case the amazing Zeelog).  I am using CWM 5.0.2.0.  There are other threads within the ZTE Blade section with various versions of CWM.  It's strange and interesting that you are having WiFi problems with so many ROM's.  A clean install of any ROM should make your WiFi work.  I hope the extreme wiping that I suggested gives you better results with your WiFi.  Good luck.

Guest Andro998

@Andro998 - I believe that OP = Original Post (the first post in a thread from the person who started the thread - in this case the amazing Zeelog).  I am using CWM 5.0.2.0.  There are other threads within the ZTE Blade section with various versions of CWM.  It's strange and interesting that you are having WiFi problems with so many ROM's.  A clean install of any ROM should make your WiFi work.  I hope the extreme wiping that I suggested gives you better results with your WiFi.  Good luck.

It still does not works. Any idea? To put cm1 working I had to change wifi foder, but some others nothing works.

Edited by Andro998

Guest ExCaL1BuR

@Androo998 Try to install the lattest version of CMW (6.0.2.7) , if you can´t find it tell me , I will share .

Chears :)

Guest sej7278

Its possible to install on this rom some older, better working gapps? Everything working just fine, but google market is ridiculous slow and have strange problem with installing apps.

google play was slow (almost useless) in 4.3 too. pretty much all the problems in this rom were, i think either the blade has met its limit or google severely fscked android after 4.2

Guest Andro998

@Androo998 Try to install the lattest version of CMW (6.0.2.7) , if you can´t find it tell me , I will share .

Chears :)

I have already done that. 

Thank you

Guest Andro998

@Andro998:

Just to cover all possibilities: You sure you got a large enough system partition (180MB)?

I have 220mb of system partition.

I do not know what's happening  :(

Guest zeelog

new build up:

[7 MAR 14]

DOWNLOAD

MD5: a4f246711a93dc3f4a4c08a54ec7e59f

Reclaimed 6Mb more RAM
Further kernel enhancements
Camcorder: add pause option during recording
Camcorder: reduced video recording jittering (higher framerate)
reduced delay on incoming call
alarm: add option to play random song as an alarm
downloads: add download speed during downloads
compiled using linaro 4.9 toolchain
Tons of other fixes/commits from androidarmv6/CM upstream not mentioned in the changelog

Guest zeelog

@ zeelog......I was using PIE control in cm10.2. I searched a lot for same in setting but couldn't found. they were very handy as hardware keys are getting old n not working properly.

i hope i can see it in next update.

pie was never merged in cm11 (at least up till now), i'm assuming that cm doesn't want to diverge that much from aosp, though that remains to be seen 

Guest mikeb90

i'd really love to flash this ROM, but..damn i'm afraid about partitioning with amphoras TPT's, reading about people who's having bricking proplems... D:

Guest gamebusterz

I have a little query, because I haven't ever updated a ROM, just flashed the last build from the scratch. I am running the 8 Feb Build, and in order to flash this, I have to go to CWM and choose 'Install Zip from SD card', after flashing that, what next ? Please can anyone help?

Guest szpilasty

Reboot to recovery, mounts and storage > format /system.

Install from zip> choose zip with rom. Install from zip > choose zip with gaaps. Reboot system.

Guest gamebusterz

Reboot to recovery, mounts and storage > format /system.

Install from zip> choose zip with rom. Install from zip > choose zip with gaaps. Reboot system.

Won't 'Apply update from sdcard' work ? Because what you've mentioned is the same procedure as flashing a new ROM !

Guest Grey94

This is the best thing that can happen to your blade. Incredible fast, beutiful, thank you Zee. You arr my hero. I dont need to buy a new phone :)