[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest alt-tabtab

Arghh after 7.2 constant reboots in Fdroid, Aptoide and webpages that contain flash. Went back to 7.2 but the problem persists. I update and clear the caches in CWM 6.0.5.

Are there other things to solve this other than wiping the whole storage?

​Other than that slimkat is more responsive than CM11.

I've spend quite a few hours on creating 2 patches for upgrading the Y300's kernel KGSL drivers:

They are cherry-picked and merged from MSM's KitKat-2.7.stable branch as of 2013-05-21 (didn't have more time to go on).

Have fun cool.png (@ chil )

EDIT: that was like 12h of work  ... waste of time IMHO, since I don't play games on the Y300 anyway laugh.png (experimental update of sληορsιs with patched kgsl driver -> http://www.modaco.com/topic/372447-kernel-y300g510-stock-huawei/#entry2225391 - does NOT work with this ROM - )

Edited by Guest

Guest fonz93

I've spend quite a few hours on creating 2 patches for upgrading the Y300's kernel KGSL drivers:

They are cherry-picked and merged from MSM's KitKat-2.7.stable branch as of 2013-05-21 (didn't have more time to go on).

Have fun cool.png

EDIT: that was like 12h of work  ... waste of time IMHO, since I don't play games on the Y300 anyway laugh.png

Don't worry, it's not a waste of time, KitKat is not so bad as you think, what we lose is the smothness because we use display-legacy and deprecated KGSL drivers, i hope your work can finally help us (the other bugs can be "easily" fixed once we get display-caf and uptaded ION and KGSL)

Edited by fonz93

Benchmarkwise there is no improvement. It's even the opposite: the scores dropped a little bit. Without user-space (ROM side) upgrade those updates are kind of useless so far mellow.png

Edited by Guest

Guest fonz93

Benchmarkwise there is no improvement. It's even the opposite: the scores dropped a little bit. Without user-space (ROM side) upgrade those updates are kind of useless so far mellow.png

I think on stock ROM we can't see improvements, we have to wait for display-caf on KK ROMs

There will be no further support for the older A2xx & A3xx series. They are focusing on their new A4xx stuff. You don't earn money by improving performance of stuff you aren't even producing anymore.

Have fun cool.png (@ chil )

EDIT: that was like 12h of work ... waste of time IMHO, since I don't play games on the Y300 anyway laugh.png (experimental update of sληορsιs with patched kgsl driver -> http://www.modaco.com/topic/372447-kernel-y300g510-stock-huawei/#entry2225391 - does NOT work with this ROM - )

@chil360 it's your turn to do the miracle :)

Guest Lemon88

7.4 was better on the battery lasted me 1 day and 7 hours more or less, now with the 7.6 are almost to 0% in 17 hours (more or less use was the same, perhaps even more than the 7.4)

I too am having problems with the camera, it used to work fine before. but now it just force closes. Once before I just deleted the cache and restarted and it came back but this time no luck.

I tried google camera and that works but it dosen't allow you to save to SD card. Does the stock one allow you to do that?