[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest wbrambley

When I go to Google Maps it shows in status bar and find me correct location.

If you mean on that.

No. GPS status app looks to hardware only. It kept failing so I checked and we are missing libs and maybe something else. Can't be sure if it is only the u8951 branch of the build, may have happened when NFC was introduced.

Just flashed 8.2 and everything works great so far. GPS signal is strong (tried Maps, Runtastic Pro and Ingress), dialer is working, performance is great so far.

Might be pure luck, but I never had GPS working indoors this quickly.

BTW, I never had any of those bugs..

Thanks @chil360 for this great ROM!

Edited by okren

Guest luca020400

You latest kernel with adreno libs updated are fantastics

So thanks to modding and chil <3

Now mine carbonrom is really fast ;)

And another thanks

Guest Chris 91

Is it just me or does 8.2 seem slower and more laggy than chils 8.1, or is it just because I did a dirty install?

I only ask this as I have a game that all of 7.0-8.0 forced close a lot and lagged all the time, then it worked perfectly with 8.1 with not one force close, and then its force closed twice in 12 hours with 8.2.

If it is because of a dirty flash I don't understand why it worked perfectly with 8.1 as I have only ever done a clean install as the first install.

On a side note chil this is a fantastic ROM, the best KitKat ROM out there, and modding33 thanks for your input too!

Edited by Chris 91

Guest Chris 91

I'd happily do a fresh/clean install every time as it really is the best way to do it, but it just takes forever with putting all apps back in and logging back into everything!

No. GPS status app looks to hardware only. It kept failing so I checked and we are missing libs and maybe something else. Can't be sure if it is only the u8951 branch of the build, may have happened when NFC was introduced.

On my U8951 GPS fails to work with 8.2 as well:

In the "Schnelleinstellungen" ("Quick Settings"?) menu the "Standort" ("GPS"?) tile constantly shows "on", and I can not switch it to "off" by touching it, as I could before.

(I´m sorry I do not know how these menu items are named in English Android)

In the general Settings menu I can switch GPS from off to on, but for example "AndroiTS GPS Test" app always complains that GPS is off.

Other GPS related apps like apemap and outdooractive can not find GPS data as well.

With 8.0 and 7.x ROMs it all worked fine, so I think something went wrong with 8.2.

Guest webmariner87

Now i'm trying 8.2. Seems good and as fast as 8.1 (i did a clean install).

Unlukily skype calls (with 8.1 and 8.2) work interrmittently. Sometimes when i call, the phone crashes and reboot. So i can only receive the calls. Sometimes seems to work all good. I don't know why =/

Edited by webmariner87

Guest luca020400

Just flash it without any wipes?

YES ;)

I was wrong. GPS doesn't work for me too.

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but how can i apply the fix?

Flash it by recovery and reboot

Edited by luca020400

Guest Sammyyy

GPS Fix doesn't work for me.

No changes in GPS behavior.

even after another reboot with whiped caches.

The new lib is present under system/lib/hw.

Is it working for somebody else?

Guest webmariner87

Isn't working for me too also after fix. =/

I thought that it was only mine problem because i did some bad movement with explorer before fixing...

Edited by webmariner87

Guest wbrambley

The fix should work O_o

It was the first thing I tried before posting GPS wasn't working, I pulled it from earlier backup. Something else has changed (at least for G510) and maybe when NFC was added. Maybe a typo?

Guest Carandroid

Did you install some strange app? Did you change something in system settings?

Did you install some strange app? Did you change something in system settings?

what do you mean for strange apps? I have the stable 8.0 and the FULL Gapps 7.x version. I don't remember if i changed something in che system setting,of course is nothing important. Some little Setting about my desktop et cetera