[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest chil360

The new SlimKat weekly has been announced - 2.6 RC2 - so I'm building now! Just thought I would let you know what I have been working on this week.

1. Frameworks
As I have said before, this rom was built by porting Dazzozo's CM11 device tree. He uses a modified version of frameworks/av and frameworks/native which I have been using in this port. So what's the problem? Well, the rom works fine using these projects but they are forked from CM11 sources. Ideally, I want this rom built from Slim based sources as much as possible. So, I have made my own Slim based forks adding the required device specific patches. I have also switched to using Slim's Qcom media-caf instead of media legacy.

2. Build Changes, Dropbox & OTA
I have been creating a build script to automate building and releasing this rom. I will now be uploading to Dropbox as in my build script I can just copy the zips to my sync folder and they will be automatically uploaded. Dropbox also allows direct linking, which allows me to host an OTA update file - setting this URL in SlimCenter lets me provide you with OTA updates. Hopefully Dropbox won't complain about the bandwidth usage.

3. Other Patches
As requested on here, I have dimmed the button backlights and I have added a patch to close all recent apps.

4. Anything else?
I spent a bit of time this week trying to add FM radio suppport but failed. There's just no support added in the Slim code base for it right now. I tried to add all of the patches and got it to build but just wouldn't work. I might keep trying if I get the chance but not looking good.

That's it! I will update the first post when the new build is uploaded.

Edited by chil360

Guest SaurabhRCk

The new SlimKat weekly has been announced - 2.6 RC2 - so I'm building now! Just thought I would let you know what I have been working on this week.

1. Frameworks

As I have said before, this rom was built by porting Dazzozo's CM11 device tree. He uses a modified version of frameworks/av and frameworks/native which I have been using in this port. So what's the problem? Well, the rom works fine using these projects but they are forked from CM11 sources. Ideally, I want this rom built from Slim based sources as much as possible. So, I have made my own Slim based forks adding the required device specific patches. I have also switched to using Slim's Qcom media-caf instead of media legacy.

I have been creating a build script to automate building and releasing this rom. I will now be uploading to Dropbox as in my build script I can just copy the zips to my sync folder and they will be automatically uploaded. Dropbox also allows direct linking, which allows me to host an OTA update file - setting this URL in SlimCenter lets me provide you with OTA updates. Hopefully Dropbox won't complain about the bandwidth usage.

3. Other Patches

As requested on here, I have dimmed the button backlights and I have added a patch to close all recent apps.

4. Anything else?

I spent a bit of time this week trying to add FM radio suppport but failed. There's just no support added in the Slim code base for it right now. I tried to add all of the patches and got it to build but just wouldn't work. I might keep trying if I get the chance but not looking good.

You ROCK! 

1. Frameworks

3. Other Patches

4. Anything else?

Thank you very much for your great work

Guest ZolaIII

Really good news... Good job bro, What abt Voip apps like viber and line force close ? :-s

It's related to OMX libs...

I still suggest a Code Aurora base - Qualcomm common - msm8610.

Guest chil360

Really good news... Good job bro, What abt Voip apps like viber and line force close ? :-s

Try it again on the new build. Changing over to the Slim based frameworks may have affected this problem. If it's still the same, post a logcat and I'll take a look but I'm not sure if I can do anything about it.

Guest Naikkon

please make the battery icon like CM 11.

on start up the pin numbers are croped.

on previus build i can't use ringtones from sd card/ internal only default soundtracks

Guest chil360

Just got an automated email from Dropbox... public links are down due to excessive bandwidth!

I'll have to work out something else for the OTA updates. In the meantime, I'll mirror the roms on Google Drive.

Now available in Google Drive too.

P.S. MultiCloud is great! Let's you copy files between cloud storage drives - saves having to re-upload.

Edited by chil360

Guest Naikkon

please make the battery icon like CM 11.

on start up the pin numbers are croped.

on previus build i can't use ringtones from sd card/ internal only default soundtracks

no answer ?

Guest chil360

no answer ?

Battery icons - sorry I'm not changing this.

Pin cropped - this has been answered before. It's because of the DPI change to 240. Revert back to 182. There are also now patches being worked on in gerrit to change DPI on the fly. Maybe that will fix this if the patches are accepted and merged.

Ringtones - just tested on the new build. I added some ringtones to SD card (set as primary) Ringtones folder. They were picked up in the ringtones settings immediately and seemed to work fine.

Guest andrea2107

Just got an automated email from Dropbox... public links are down due to excessive bandwidth!

I'll have to work out something else for the OTA updates. In the meantime, I'll mirror the roms on Google Drive.

Now available in Google Drive too.

P.S. MultiCloud is great! Let's you copy files between cloud storage drives - saves having to re-upload.

You can use this :p https://www.copy.com/?r=1CYg4t

Guest Romagnolo1973

What kind of wipes I have to do before install this ROM? (I use TWRP)

I've been using the 2.5 RC1 ROM, but I want to make a "clean install"

wipe Custom, Data, System, Dalvick-cache e Cache.

Install the zip and make a second wipe only for cache and dalvick-cache and restar

This will be enought, if you have some trouble using the new rom you mast try a most deeper wipe (meka a backup before)

format your sd card, put the zip , go to twrp and make a factory reset and than make this wipes dalvick-cache, cache, system, data, internal sd. install the rom and then wipe cache and dalvick. This is the cleanest install

Guest ZolaIII

Don't wipe custom (as it's not included in regular backup).

Wipe: system, data, cash, dalvik cash.

Or in extreme situations format them.

When you update to new release you only need to wipe cash & dalvik cash.

Actually if the installation script is OK you should not need to wipe any thing (it should do it), bat to be shore do it manually.

Guest ZolaIII

Don't wipe custom (as it's not included in regular backup).

Wipe: system (even the worse written script will wipe system), data (apps), cash, dalvik cash.

Or in extreme situations format them.

When you update to new release you only need to wipe cash & dalvik cash.

Actually if the installation script is OK you should not need to wipe any thing (it should do it), bat to be shore do it manually.

Interesting network/server hickup interpreted edit as "quote". :( Edited by ZolaIII