[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest chil360

The broken deep sleep issue came with the voip fixes. There's a patch available now
(2 pull requests on https://github.com/SlimKat-Y300/android_device_huawei_msm7x27a-common)
that fixes deep sleep on my G330. I didn't whether voip is still working.
I'm sure chil360 will add it in the next build.

I am making a new build with these fixes now. I will make sure the deep sleep issue is fixed then upload the builds later.

Guest Mr Voland

Hi, I came to report problem about deep sleep, but it seems it will be fixed, so, there is a little bug when I open browser (chrome, stock) and sometimes in random app, on opening of app, or opening new tab, screen flashes red on edges.

First I tought that some of developer apps is enabled but it's not.

My y300 reboots everytime I try to send a file using share it app.on latest caf build

i have the same problem..but only with video or apk..pdf imagine or audio works well

Edited by Vix_Sk

I am making a new build with these fixes now. I will make sure the deep sleep issue is fixed then upload the builds later.

Well, deep sleep worked fine today for an hour, then the CPU was kept awake by the "msm_otg" wakelock.
Maybe the deep sleep fix is incomplete.

@chil360 I hope the fix of voip work's without any problem.. before make to yout the pull request i tested in slimkat 9 legacy and work without deep sleep issues

Anyway.. I will mention something that is not useful if you will.. i compile your kernel (to make some tests..) with diffent toolchain (without anymore change)

Linaro 4.9: Laggy, practically unusable (Idk why)

Uber 4.9 (as now it is): Much better than Linaro

SaberMOD 4.9: Better than Linaro.. and from my perspective it performs better than with uber, with the same bugs, but less lags

Also in other test.. i upgrade the kernel to .108, introduce intelli_plug and disable mpdecision: it performs a little better; really better battery life but there are still lags (only with the browser in my case)

Well, deep sleep worked fine today for an hour, then the CPU was kept awake by the "msm_otg" wakelock.Maybe the deep sleep fix is incomplete.

I don't think that the msm_otg wake lock is related to voip fix (with deep sleep fixed).. Anyway.. idk

Edited by Guest

@chil360 I like your last build (09.09.2015), i think it will be my daily use ROM. Just one issue, at the moment, sometimes camera.apk stops working and need to restart the device.

Else, very good ROM. Thanks  for your hard work.

Guest xeratdragons

@chil360  I congratulate you for the Rom of Y300 want to point out this is how the app Periscope I'm trying to watch streaming movies on the player without any problems, but if you start to stream that does not go black screen and locks at initialization transmission in progres

Now i use the legacy version..anyone can confirm il the send file problem that reboot the Phone is solved? Try to send a video with whatsapp pleas.. The caf version is better.. But i had this issue Last week since i installed it

Edited by Vix_Sk

@chil360 I hope the fix of voip work's without any problem.. before make to yout the pull request i tested in slimkat 9 legacy and work without deep sleep issues

Anyway.. I will mention something that is not useful if you will.. i compile your kernel (to make some tests..) with diffent toolchain (without anymore change)

Linaro 4.9: Laggy, practically unusable (Idk why)

Uber 4.9 (as now it is): Much better than Linaro

SaberMOD 4.9: Better than Linaro.. and from my perspective it performs better than with uber, with the same bugs, but less lags

Also in other test.. i upgrade the kernel to .108, introduce intelli_plug and disable mpdecision: it performs a little better; really better battery life but there are still lags (only with the browser in my case)

Thanks for the info srfarias.

Kernel toolchains:

For Linaro try the Slim prebuilt toolchains I use these in display-legacy builds and SlimLP - it's not bad but I think Uber is a little smoother. I have also tried compiling both the rom and kernel with Sabermod and can't feel much difference to Uber.

Intelliplug:

Great idea! I am just testing a new kernel now. I used .108 and LMK updates from Christopher83 then added Intelliplug and some other commits from your repo. I wonder if Intelliplug will help the black screen issue in SlimLP - I will upload a test kernel for people to try.

Thanks for the info srfarias.

Kernel toolchains:

For Linaro try the Slim prebuilt toolchains I use these in display-legacy builds and SlimLP - it's not bad but I think Uber is a little smoother. I have also tried compiling both the rom and kernel with Sabermod and can't feel much difference to Uber.

Intelliplug:

Great idea! I am just testing a new kernel now. I used .108 and LMK updates from Christopher83 then added Intelliplug and some other commits from your repo. I wonder if Intelliplug will help the black screen issue in SlimLP - I will upload a test kernel for people to try.

That's what I thought, if plug intelli help with the problem of black screen (with mpdecision disabled) .. 

I tried it for about 4 days in SlimLP with the fork of your kernel in my repository and not a black screen, but I can't confirm if this "help" to avoid this problem, because it's totally random.

Anyway i'll tell you if i found something useful..I'll try with slim toolchains, Thanks ! 

Guest killadroid

Now i use the legacy version..anyone can confirm il the send file problem that reboot the Phone is solved? Try to send a video with whatsapp pleas.. The caf version is better.. But i had this issue Last week since i installed it

Nope it's not fixed yet,I was still experiencing reboots while trying to send apps on share it. I had to roll back to display-legacy coz of this

Nope it's not fixed yet,I was still experiencing reboots while trying to send files on share it. I had to roll back to display-legacy coz of this

Ahh.. I hope it Will be fixed soon.. Is the only bug that i have.. For the rest..the caf version is perfect for me

Edited by Vix_Sk

New display-caf build available - see OP.

For this build I modified the kernel to give surfaceflinger an extra 8mb of memory

Hi chil, where is that change? I cannot find it in the repo.

New display-caf build available - see OP.

For this build I modified the kernel to give surfaceflinger an extra 8mb of memory

I haven't pushed that change to my kernel repo yet. At the time, I made that change as a test but I will be adding that and other changes(.108, LMK, Intelliplug) to my repo once I have a little more time to test. I posted a kernel zip for slimlp with all of these changes to see if it fixes the black screen and I'm waiting for little more feedback - so far very positive.

In the meantime, if you want to make the surfaceflinger change, open arch/arm/mach-msm/board-msm7x27a.c and change line 265

#define MSM_RESERVE_MDP_SIZE 0x2300000

To:

#define MSM_RESERVE_MDP_SIZE 0x2B00000

Update: SlimLP 0.7 has just been tagged so I've pushed these kernel changes to github to be included in the build. I will do a SlimKat CAF build soon too with this updated kernel.

Edited by chil360

Using the latest caf build 09/09/15 phone reboots when uploading a file to google drive via es file explorer. Maybe related to other reports about sharing a file also makes reboot.

Then there is this weird chrome bug that when pressing some/most links, a red border on the screen blinks. Already reported earlier by another user with previous caf build but still here on the latest.

Overall, still nice and smooth experience as previous build. With the deep sleep bug fixed, I'll continue on using this. Thanks again as  always to the developers and contributors.