[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest ZolaIII

How do I do all this am a noob but quick to catch on

1. download

2. Copy it to System/etc

3. Change permitions to rw-r-r

4. Use your favorite CPU or system tweaking tool (like "Performance Control") to set intellidemand as CPU governor & enable it to set on boot.

5. reboot

Don't play with switching to other governors & it will work just fine!!!

Why intellidemand? You will see on battery life & under heavy loads (like 3D games).

Why not just disable QoS? Well you can bat it will cost you about 10% of performance (mostly CPU).

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest Blasted Remnants

it is really fast with ART enabled

I've been trying to get ART working myself and have had no success so far. My phone will boot and start Android, but I get constant messages about apps stopping. If that's not bad enough, when I've tried going back to Dalvik I lost most of my apps! My best guess to what's causing the problems is Link2SD. I figure that between the way Link2SD does it's linking magic, and whatever Dalvik or ART are trying to do, there is some sort of issue popping up. Has anyone else gotten ART working properly, with Link2SD? Am I way off with even thinking Link2SD has anything to do with my ART troubles?

Guest gohaanzz

1. download

2. Copy it to System/etc

3. Change permitions to rw-r-r

4. Use your favorite CPU or system tweaking tool (like "Performance Control") to set intellidemand as CPU governor & enable it to set on boot.

5. reboot

Don't play with switching to other governors & it will work just fine!!!

Why intellidemand? You will see on battery life & under heavy loads (like 3D games).

Why not just disable QoS? Well you can bat it will cost you about 10% of performance (mostly CPU).

How do I change the permission to rw-r-r

Guest rederik75

I've been thinking about removing qosmgr completely but ZolaIII insists that it's beneficial.

Well, after the first hours I can say I'm happy with this decision...

Battery drain is good, especially while in standby. I left it at 44% when going to bed and this morning it was still at 44% even after going to work witn bluetooth switched on for the earset and a couple of minutes of phonecall...

I couldn't see any performance difference, also while gaming.

Also audio playback is ok, in 15 minutes listening through the car stereo I heard only one "jump" in playback, while waking up from stdby.

post-1029145-0-08313100-1392885731_thumb

You can see that Android System is no more at the first place

post-1029145-0-20759300-1392885732_thumb

The two steep slopes in the graph correspond to gameplay, the first by my son, the second by me...  :D

post-1029145-0-46265200-1392885729_thumb

Table of frequencies

Guest chil360

I'll take it out. If qosmgr can be made to work with multiple cpu govenors in the future, I will put it back in. For now I'll remove it to prevent the battery drain. As this has been causing problems, I will do a build tonight which will also include some more kernel changes.

Guest rederik75

I'll take it out. If qosmgr can be made to work with multiple cpu govenors in the future, I will put it back in. For now I'll remove it to prevent the battery drain. As this has been causing problems, I will do a build tonight which will also include some more kernel changes.

what kind of changes? I'm curious...

Right, I now have build 3 fully working with hardly any issues apart from my WiFi connection does keep dropping then giving me an problem reconnecting, even manually....... But its mostly smooth, fast and stable...... @zola.....i Just see how it goes today/tomorrow before I make a decision if to go into service, my y300 is only 2 months old but I live along way away from nearest carphone warehouse..... but, its now been a full 12 hours and its looking good at the moment...... Fingers crossed.. :-)

Edited by ivan41

Guest Blasted Remnants

Just wondering... is it me, or the charge time is longer than stock rom?

I'd have to say that for me at least, the charging seems a LOT slower now. I sort of thought so with the last couple builds as well, but now I'm sure.

On a side note, I've been mucking with my governors and schedulers and for me and my phone, "ondemandplus" and "bfq" seem to be working rather well so far. I'm curious to see what difference it would make if I delete that qosmgr thing, but I might as well just wait for the next build if chil360 is putting the kaibosh on it anyway.

Guest wbrambley

Right, I now have build 3 fully working with hardly any issues apart from my WiFi connection does keep dropping then giving me an problem reconnecting, even manually.......But its mostly smooth, fast and [email protected] Just see how it goes today/tomorrow before I make a decision if to go into service, my y300 is only 2 months old but I live along way away from nearest carphone warehouse..... but, its now been a full 12 hours and its looking good at the moment......Fingers crossed.. :-)

I have same problem with WiFi, it's a real pain in the butt when trying to download large files.

Also have problem with 3g, sometimes can't send SMS or use data until I pop it in and out of aeroplane mode but that was the same on cm11. Maybe it's something to do with roaming half the time.

Since using Zola's fix battery seems good and phone is fast.

Guest Y300-0100

WiFi connection does keep dropping then giving me an problem reconnecting, even manually......

not with me. just made download over 500mb without problem. 

I have same problem with WiFi, it's a real pain in the butt when trying to download large files.

Also have problem with 3g, sometimes can't send SMS or use data until I pop it in and out of aeroplane mode but that was the same on cm11. Maybe it's something to do with roaming half the time.

Since using Zola's fix battery seems good and phone is fast.

That's good....

Not having the WiFi problem, its not good, but its good for me there is someone else with the same problem as me.

I have been constantly told this wasn't a software issue and I have been led to believe I had a hardware fault and was told by several people that my device was at fault......

Now I can see this may not be the case, but I have had a lot of problems with this and any other rom over android 4.2.2.....

not with me. just made download over 500mb without problem.

That's great but I don't want to know yours is fine, I want to understand why my WiFi isn't fine.......

Guest Y300-0100

That's great but I don't want to know yours is fine, I want to understand why my WiFi isn't fine.......

I made repo-sync last night. Perhaps there were some changes meanwhile. And my first antutu test was around 7300..

Guest wbrambley

That's good....

Not having the WiFi problem, its not good, but its good for me there is someone else with the same problem as me.

I have been constantly told this wasn't a software issue and I have been led to believe I had a hardware fault and was told by several people that my device was at fault......

Now I can see this may not be the case, but I have had a lot of problems with this and any other rom over android 4.2.2.....

I did not have WiFi issue on cm11, just 3g issues. Have you same issue on cm11?

I did not have WiFi issue on cm11, just 3g issues. Have you same issue on cm11?

Yes, I have WiFi issues on all 4.1, 4.3 and 4.4 ROMs........that's cm10, 10.2 and cm11.

But

Strangely, if I flash cm10.1, my phone runs perfect with no lag, reboots or WiFi issues.

This is why I'm so puzzled, why don't I get this problem on cm10.1?

I don't have 3g issues

I use 3uk network and that's 3g only.

I did not get to add the file because still don't know how to change permission to rw-r-r

Find the file location.

I use es file explorer.

Most files download to storage/sdcard0 (where SD card 0 is internal and sdcard1 is your external SD

Copy file to system/ect.

Long press file.

Select permission.

Make sure the boxes are ticked