A few questions if anyone can help ?

Guest craigibhoy

Guest craigibhoy

First of all im not a noob with flashing as ive done it plenty of times with my g500 but ive had my y300 for about 3 weeks now and untill today it was factory but now ive just rooted it, but i want some opinions on what rom to use ill point what i need from the rom below...

Batter Life - No Major Drain.
Performance Speed - Faster than my stock(Factory) Aslongs i can still play RF13 GTRacing Academy and FMH14 with no lag like i can so far.
Default Launcher - New default launcher as huawei's default is like iphone(Horrible, Sorry IOS its true) ;)
Sorry if this is to much to ask for...

And another thing i have download CWM Rom Manager can i use that for flashing as i can into the CWM menu after turn off, i ask this because i can't remember what CWM i used for my old G500

If anyone could help that would be amazing i will give you rep, like or whatever the system is on here.

Guest craigibhoy
  • Also ive rooted my device can i go ahead a flash, i did that when i had my g500 but now i see that some people mention on another forum the i need to unlock the bootloader before i flash a rom( i didnt with my G500)

Guest ZolaIII

Pick one of stock based B199 ROMs, Ceastels kernel & install & use GL Tools.

I use Apex & can also recommend smart launcher.

You can use CWM bat i recommend last TWRP.

Just as reminder MAKE BACKUP OF YOUR FIRMWARE before experimenting with ROMs!

Guest craigibhoy

Thanks zola ive flashed roms before, can you confirm do i need my bootloader unlocked because i never did it on my G300, i found out that some don't and some don't ? i don't know about this whole bootloader thingy thanks :)
A little info: i can boot into CWM like installing a rom etc does this mean im good to flash :)

Edited by craigibhoy