Unlocking Bootloader Waiting For Device ?

Guest craigibhoy

Guest craigibhoy

This is what i get all the time ive download android sdk and installed all my drivers... my device is rooted and i don't know what to do
With my old G300 i never had to go through unlocking bootloader thing i just rooted installed CWM Recovered banged in a custom rom and flashed, but now with Y300 we need to go through unlocking bootloader...

Could some one provide me some help im dying to get a custom rom.
PS: i have booted into fastmode(vol down and power on button)

Could i not try the way i did with my G300 and just install CWM Recovered and install my rom there it could work right ? unless G300 didn't need bootloader unlocked ?

Guest wbrambley

This is what i get all the time ive download android sdk and installed all my drivers... my device is rooted and i don't know what to do

With my old G300 i never had to go through unlocking bootloader thing i just rooted installed CWM Recovered banged in a custom rom and flashed, but now with Y300 we need to go through unlocking bootloader...

Could some one provide me some help im dying to get a custom rom.

PS: i have booted into fastmode(vol down and power on button)

Could i not try the way i did with my G300 and just install CWM Recovered and install my rom there it could work right ? unless G300 didn't need bootloader unlocked ?

Try installing the drivers from dc unlocker website. Look for the tutorial that covers the y300 and it should be on that page.

Guest wbrambley

ive done all that, thats the tutorial ive been following and ive tried other methods that someone has told me but still stuck on that one thing

Can ADB detect your phone when android is running?

Guest craigibhoy

how do i

Can ADB detect your phone when android is running?

how do i go about trying this ive installed my usb drivers and google usb drivers through android sdk.

Guest craigibhoy

when i plug my device to do this, do i plug it in the normal way or do i have to do vol down + power button at the same time ?
I tried it with my phone on and cmd says its not a command.

Edited by craigibhoy

Guest wbrambley

when i plug my device to do this, do i plug it in the normal way or do i have to do vol down + power button at the same time ?

I tried it with my phone on and cmd says its not a command.

Just normally when powered up.

On your phone go to settings, developer options and look for android debug. Tick the box and "OK" on the pop-up.

Then plug phone into PC.

From windows run cmd. Use cd command to navigate to the folder where adb.exe is.

Then type in "adb devices"

(Leave out the "")

Guest craigibhoy

Just normally when powered up.

On your phone go to settings, developer options and look for android debug. Tick the box and "OK" on the pop-up.

Then plug phone into PC.

From windows run cmd. Use cd command to navigate to the folder where adb.exe is.

Then type in "adb devices"

(Leave out the "")

Thanks ive done that and i think its found my device it says list of devices attached them some numbers and letters ?

Guest wbrambley

Thanks ive done that and i think its found my device it says list of devices attached them some numbers and letters ?

Sounds right. Now unplug your phone and hold volume down and press power. It should stay on the Huawei logo.

If it does plug it in, run cmd, go to the same folder and type "fastboot devices"

You should get a response of numbers/letters again.

If so proceeded with unlock procedure and hopefully all good!

Guest craigibhoy

thanks i get 2 logos tho i get the huawei ascend(first one) then it goes on to the huawei icon logo should it stay on the first one.
I done it on the huawei ascend and still everytime i type fastboot devices it just drops a line and thats it nothing

Edited by craigibhoy

Guest wbrambley

Hmm, try opening device manager in windows with it connected in fastboot. Look for android phone and uninstall anything under it. If is asks uninstall the software for it.

Unplug the phone and install the Huawei handset drivers for your phone. then maybe reboot pc, plug phone back in and try fastboot again.